Thread: Kheru spellsnatcher

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Kheru spellsnatcher

Soon to be released morph Naga Wizards in Khans...

Kheru Spellsnatcher

6 mana is paid, naga unmorph.

"When Kheru Spellsnatcher is turned face up, counter target spell. If the spell is countered this way exile it instead of putting in on its owner graveyard. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost."

Just to repeat some rules on Morph:
    The ability which occurs on un-morph is a Triggered ability (not activated)
    Morph is a special action (not an activated ability).

Nothing changed, or is going to change in Khans on these rules?

What if countered spell is an EDH Commander?
    I believe, that its countered, and its owner decides whether to give it "under" Spellsnatcher or into Command zone. True or false?

edit:
    Kheru Spellsnatcher becomes morphed again. (Ixidor, reality sculptor, Ixidron or his copy Vesuvan Shapeshifter). I already heard opinion that if it has removed single spell before, it will be permanently exiled, and only second one can be cast from exile. I believe its false....

Thanks.
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Re: Kheru spellsnatcher

I don't know anything about Commander rules but nothing is changing about how Morph works, and the "You may cast that card from exile" part of the ability doesn't depend on the Kheru Spellsnatcher still being in play or face up or under your control, so if you manage to turn it face down and counter another spell with it you can cast both of them.

"You may cast that card without paying its mana cost" creates a continuous effect. It's not tied to the Kheru Spellsnatcher at all. No duration is given, so the effect lasts until the end of the game or until the card leaves the exile zone (at which point the effect loses track of the card).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    Soon to be released morph Naga Wizards in Khans...
    Just to repeat some rules on Morph:
    The ability which occurs on un-morph is a Triggered ability (not activated)
    Morph is a special action (not an activated ability).

Nothing changed, or is going to change in Khans on these rules?
    Correct, nothing has changed, or will change.

What if countered spell is an EDH Commander?
    I believe, that its countered, and its owner decides whether to give it "under" Spellsnatcher or into Command zone. True or false?
    Any time a Commander would be put into a graveyard, or exiled, it's controller may choose to place it in the command zone instead. There is no change, and thus I can put it into the command zone instead of letting it exile. Because the card was not exiled, you may not cast it.

edit:
    Kheru Spellsnatcher becomes morphed again. (Ixidor, reality sculptor, Ixidron or his copy Vesuvan Shapeshifter). I already heard opinion that if it has removed single spell before, it will be permanently exiled, and only second one can be cast from exile. I believe its false....

Thanks.
    CDR and your assumption are correct. You can cast it even if he is flipped face down, destroyed, or exiled for some reason. The continuous effect lasts for as long as specified. With no printed "until end of turn" you can cast it whenever.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    "You may cast that card without paying its mana cost" creates a continuous effect. It's not tied to the Kheru Spellsnatcher at all. No duration is given, so the effect lasts until the end of the game or until the card leaves the exile zone (at which point the effect loses track of the card).
    Even when Kheru Spellsnatcher dies/is exiled/bounced out of battlefield?

Just checked Fiend of the Shadows. I have been playing it for a while, just whole playgroup assumed that its effect is a static ability which ends when Fiend of shadows leaves battlefield, but now when I read it correctly its certainly delayed trigger.

Thanks for the info.
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    Even when Kheru Spellsnatcher dies/is exiled/bounced out of battlefield?

Just checked Fiend of the Shadows. I have been playing it for a while, just whole playgroup assumed that its effect is a static ability which ends when Fiend of shadows leaves battlefield, but now when I read it correctly its certainly delayed trigger.

Thanks for the info.
    Yes, the effect has nothing to do with the source unless it says so.

Fiend of the Shadows is the same deal. Not "delayed trigger", but continuous effect.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information