Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Khan's Dangerous Cards

bruizar

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Khan's Dangerous Cards

Nt

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    These points completely ignore it's relevance against Griselbrand and Glimpse of Nature/Elvish Visionary; one could easily argue additional pillars of the format.
    Through a little experimenting, it also shuts down Sylvan Library, which is just a wonderful bonus, because S.L. ≠ S.D.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    That's false because differently from Goif, it'd be better if u could actually pitch it to force. Making Goyf pitchable on the other hand would make it worse because ppl would pitch him in situations where 99% of the time you shouldn't.

Swiftspear is definitely red in that regard. Now we just need playable cantrips in non-blue colors. Blue get the manipulation + cantrip spells, why other colors can't get like: "R: instant: discard a card at random, if u do draw two cards" or "B, instant: remove target 2 cards from a grave, draw a card", "G: instant: target creature get +1+1, draw a card" etc... you don't need to move card-drawing in other colors, cantrip are perfectly ok in every color.

I mean, White got Defiant Strike there's no reason why we can't get something similar (and playable plz) in other colors.
    No. It's a blue card because all the cheap blue spells find business and replace themselves. The red spells you'd use with Swiftspear don't replace themselves. They are just bolts or crap like Assault Strobe ... Swiftspear is absolutely a blue card, burn decks will continue to run Goblin Guide and not play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I'm sad that the introduction of new broken blue cards makes my bunch of little green men suffer splash damage. Again :/
    The little green men have been splashed to the kerplooshing point by now. What they need is a better way to cheat them in play than Aether Vial and Lackey. Can't think what that would be but they need it.

Dig through Time is going into Miracles to find Force plus a blue card; Brainstorm plus a Miracles card or the other half of CounterTop. Probably only as a 2-of though. Maybe just a 1-of. It also gives them an 8cc to flip to CB for Treasure Cruise.

The two Miracles pilots in my meta aren't going to use Treasure Cruise at all. Taking 3 off the top is not interesting to them when they could instead be looking for the things above.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
    The little green men have been splashed to the kerplooshing point by now. What they need is a better way to cheat them in play than Aether Vial and Lackey. Can't think what that would be but they need it.
    You should read more of the thread, he was not talking about Goblins.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Dig through Time is going into Miracles to find Force plus a blue card; Brainstorm plus a Miracles card or the other half of CounterTop. Probably only as a 2-of though. Maybe just a 1-of. It also gives them an 8cc to flip to CB for Treasure Cruise.

The two Miracles pilots in my meta aren't going to use Treasure Cruise at all. Taking 3 off the top is not interesting to them when they could instead be looking for the things above.
    It's NOT going into Miracles. For the UU cost you can play counterspell itself, which doesn't require 6 cards in your graveyard piloting a deck which is based on PERMANENTS. Miracles isn't hitting 6 cards in their graveyard before turn 7 in average and by then you are either dead or have the complete softlock established and Jace running away with the game. Running a 8cmc card just to counter TC/DTT via Countertop is plain stupid if you can Maindeck Pyroblasts instead to fight those Delve-draw-spells while having an edge against Show&Tell, Delver of Secrets and in the Mirror.

There is Warren Instigator too. I don't know what's your problem here aside the fact that Goblin-Pilots still don't get that the mana-denial plan from 2002 isn't working anymore and that they need MB disruption in Form of discard or the like to stay competitive. They DO NOT NEED more ways to cheat on mana. Players NEED to accept that the manadenial plan with Wasteland and Rishadan Port is pointless if your Aether Vial isn't going to fly before turn 4 and your Key-spells cost 3-4 mana. Players stopped evolving Goblins 10 years ago and still dare to complain that it's unplayable TODAY?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

You should read more of the thread, he was not talking about Goblins.
    Then he should have said Elves. I may be a fool but I know men are not Elves and I also know that Goblins have been little green men since Exodus or therabouts. :)

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Don't argue with Griselbrand or Glimpse as the the Demons threat against D&T isn't the draw but the 7/7 lifelinking Body while Elves kill you on the back of Natural Order, Craterhoof or Packmaster. Hell, they can even fetch Reclamation Sage and kill your Spirit and your Equipment too
    I don't feel much like arguing, but if Griselbrand is shut off from it's draw capabilities the chances that a Swords to Plowshares, Karakas, or Mom+Flier negate/stall/remove it go up substantially. I agree that Natural Order is a completely different issue than Glimpse/Visionary, which is why I mentioned Spirit being relevant against the cards Elves cards with "Draw" on them and made no suggestion that Elves is suddenly a good match up thanks Spirit.
    TPDMC

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Then he should have said Elves. I may be a fool but I know men are not Elves and I also know that Goblins have been little green men since Exodus or therabouts. :)
    He did. It was a little bit further down the page.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    There is Warren Instigator too. I don't know what's your problem here aside the fact that Goblin-Pilots still don't get that the mana-denial plan from 2002 isn't working anymore and that they need MB disruption in Form of discard or the like to stay competitive. They DO NOT NEED more ways to cheat on mana. Players NEED to accept that the manadenial plan with Wasteland and Rishadan Port is pointless if your Aether Vial isn't going to fly before turn 4 and your Key-spells cost 3-4 mana. Players stopped evolving Goblins 10 years ago and still dare to complain that it's unplayable TODAY?
    It's not that people stopped evolving goblins .... goblins list are almost identical years after years for the very simple facts that:
    A)the deck always was competitive one way or another, until deathrite shaman (one drop that anniihilates lackey just because he is for no apparent reason a 1/2 and invalidates the mana denial plan), abrupt decay (main board answer to vial), true name nemesis (can take over the game even if goblins drew tons of cards and removal spells), and now i feel that treasure cruise is another reason not to play goblins because every blue deck is getting a fantastic card advantage engine without the need to focus on a tribe
    B) the core of the deck is untouchable (mainly matron,lackey,vial,ringleader,haste lords) and the deck anyways needs a lot of goblins to function properly. So it's not a fact of packing main board disruption like discard.... goblins need effective goblin shaped disruption (something like thalia in goblin form, take it just as an example) , or more effective ways to cheat in big spells (but what else can be better than lackey/instigator/vial?). Talking of goblin shaped disruption, people in goblins thread are now playing some number of Goblin Settler, but we need something better to be competitive. Unfortunately wizard is printing crappy goblins almost every set when it would not be difficult to print a legacy playable busted goblin without any influence for standard (because in standard goblin tribal usually doesn't exist, although now everyone plays rabblemaster)

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

I want:
    G
    Creature - Elf
    Defender
    ETB draw a card
    0/1

= one of the crappiest absolutely broken cards ever. LED is still maybe better, dunno?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I want:
    G
    Creature - Elf
    Defender
    ETB draw a card
    0/1

= one of the crappiest absolutely broken cards ever. LED is still maybe better, dunno?
    I'd buy that for a dollar. And what's crazy is that this actually could easily see print. It's poop in Standard, probably only fringe in Modern, but would be an instant combo engine powerhouse in Legacy.

And you know what? That'd be fine. Blue gets Brainstorm and Delve Ancestrall Recall? Green gets an underpriced Pyknite? Seems fair.

Thread Information