Thread: Dodgy Miscuts

Dodgy Miscuts

Wasn't sure if this was the right forum or if links were appropriate due to *accusations*.

There is a seller who has a lot of Miscut cards up for auction right now. They are almost all "Miscut" the same way (four cards showing) and they are from many different sets/editions. The same, consistent cut, across sets just seems to scream that sheets are being cut. I'm curious about the legitimacy as well as how true-to-form the corners are if they're being Miscut on purpose.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

A simple search of "miscut mtg" will get you there. 15 hrs remaining as of post edit.

Thanks,

I took another look and I feel kind of badly for being suspicious, but I'm still curious as to communities' thoughts about this.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Sep 2010
    MNL

Re: Dodgy Miscuts

The ones from Eli Kassis?

He clearly states in the item description that:

Cards were distributed as sheets from Wizards of the Coast, and were then cut professionally. There is no difference between these cards and cards cut by Wizards.

So yeah, I think they are Miscut on purpose, but then he is not misrepresenting said fact so I guess it should be okay. The only bad thing about this is, there's no way for the 2nd buyer (the one who buys from the one whoever buys this from Eli, if ever said first buyer decides to sell the card) to know about this.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

They are his sheets and cards to do with as he pleases
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

The appeal of miscuts comes from their rarity, which comes from their accidental creation. Intentionally creating miscuts is a sleazy thing to do.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    Eli Kassis?
    Oooh man. Let's get this party going.

Eli Kassis is having sheets cut purely for profit. Though he does not deny that the cards aren't factory cut, he also does not conspicuously advertise the fact that they are not. There is no great disclaimer of "NOT FACTORY CUT" in the title or anything like that. The only disclaimer in any of his pages is a vaguely worded sentence midway through a bullet point list. In sharp contrast, there are dozens of instances of promotional "MISCUT" and "SUPER RARE" and other buzzwords.

Whether you feel he's well within his rights or a shady money-grubbing douche who's destroying beautiful and endangered uncut sheets for greed, these are the facts. Don't try to pretend like he's being honest about his business.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Oooh man. Let's get this party going.

Eli Kassis is having sheets cut purely for profit. Though he does not deny that the cards aren't factory cut, he also does not conspicuously advertise the fact that they are not. There is no great disclaimer of "NOT FACTORY CUT" in the title or anything like that. The only disclaimer in any of his pages is a vaguely worded sentence midway through a bullet point list. In sharp contrast, there are dozens of instances of promotional "MISCUT" and "SUPER RARE" and other buzzwords.

Whether you feel he's well within his rights or a shady money-grubbing douche who's destroying beautiful and endangered uncut sheets for greed, these are the facts. Don't try to pretend like he's being honest about his business.
    #savetherainforest

Thread Information