Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 29: Finally, a Use for Magic Online

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 29: Finally, a Use for Magic Online

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I might be the exception here, but I for one refuse to watch MTGO or MWS games. A large part of the charm of mtg is the actual physical cards. Otherwise i'd much rather watch League of Legends, or even Hearthstone.
    The interface translates poorly, dredge is unwatchable. Dredge is incidentally way easier since you can't miss triggers.

Dec 2012
    Vancouver, Canada

Well, what about cube or edh? Is that a possibility since this is an eternal cast, or is it just blasphemy?

I think cube is a personal thing you build to have fun with your friends. I don't really care about other peoples cubes, if they are having fun with them then great. Seems like cubing could use a podcast of it's own, it's a little neckbeardy for eternal magic. Same thing applies to the miserable backslapping barnacling world of multiplayer EDH, there have to be a thousand 'Her I genesis waved for 89!' podcasts for that format. I could get behind 1v1 (Duel Commander) but I think I'm the only one on the cast who plays it, it's pretty fun and varied but there's not a big following in the US for the 1v1 rules, because here in America even if you finish 5th you still get a trophy.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Well, there's Young Pyromancer. A Grixis Pyromancer build seems like it could be spicy. You have Bainstorm, Cruise, Thoughtseize, Hymn, Bolt, and then a creature base of Delver, DRS, Pyro, and then either TNN or maybe Clique if you'd rather try to operate mostly at instant speed.

I'm not sure if it's good, but then I'm not sure Treasure Cruise is good. I think Dig Through Time has more potential but UU kind of constrains it.
    Haven't tested it at all but I'm not sure if you want DRS and Cruise in the same deck. Dark Confidant might have more synergy.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    Haven't tested it at all but I'm not sure if you want DRS and Cruise in the same deck. Dark Confidant might have more synergy.
    I have enough trouble stomaching 5 damage off a Force. Don't want to take 8 off a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    I have enough trouble stomaching 5 damage off a Force. Don't want to take 8 off a cruise.
    You got him.

Can't wait for the CB revealing Dig to counter Cruise ... also revealing Dig / Cruise to counter Hoof Derp (tm). A whole new era of cantripping and elf derp misery awaits Legacy!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I'm 99% sure he was talking about DRS + Bob instead of DRS + TC. Anyways, I don't see a problem in running DRS to remove your opponents lands for mana to feed your own TC and delay your opponents Delve-Draw. Honestly, I think the DRS+TC battles will define future Aggro-Control-Mirrors. You heared it here first.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I'm 99% sure he was talking about DRS + Bob instead of DRS + TC. Anyways, I don't see a problem in running DRS to remove your opponents lands for mana to feed your own TC and delay your opponents Delve-Draw. Honestly, I think the DRS+TC battles will define future Aggro-Control-Mirrors. You heared it here first.
    And that's the reason why I believe BURG is a future of Delver/tempo decks and thus I'm strongly considering to a) switch to Old Scool or b) burn my thresh on next Shabbos dawn.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Ahhhh, I see. I thought that he was suggesting running Bob and Cruise in the same deck, which I wouldn't advocate.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Ahhhh, I see. I thought that he was suggesting running Bob and Cruise in the same deck, which I wouldn't advocate.
    CHOO CHOO!

Code:
                     _-====-__-======-__-========-_____-============-__
                   _(                                                 _)
                OO(                                                   )_
               0  (_      No stopping this card advantage train!       _)
             o0     (_                                                _)
            o         '=-___-===-_____-========-___________-===-___-='
          .o                                _________
         . ______          ______________  |         |      _____
       _()_||__|| ________ |            |  |_________|   __||___||__
      (BNSF 1995| |      | |            | __Y______00_| |_         _|
     /-OO----OO""="OO--OO"="OO--------OO"="OO-------OO"="OO-------OO"=P
    #####################################################################
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

C'mon bro, greatness at any cost!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Meh ... I've flipped this guy before ....

... any cost

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    And that's the reason why I believe BURG is a future of Delver/tempo decks and thus I'm strongly considering to a) switch to Old Scool or b) burn my thresh on next Shabbos dawn.
    Go Blood Mooning.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Go Blood Mooning.
    You mean that red Stompy deck? Nah, it's incosistent pile of rubbish.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    The interface translates poorly, dredge is unwatchable. Dredge is incidentally way easier since you can't miss triggers.
    Speaking of dredge, is there some reason literally zero dredge players on MTGO in the Tournament practice room even try to win postboard games? Like literally I mull to Leyline of the Void and they turbo scoop.

I thought it was for practicing for tournaments, not congratulating yourself on your 90% game 1 wins?

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Speaking of dredge, is there some reason literally zero dredge players on MTGO in the Tournament practice room even try to win postboard games? Like literally I mull to Leyline of the Void and they turbo scoop.

I thought it was for practicing for tournaments, not congratulating yourself on your 90% game 1 wins?
    A lot of people like to use the Internet for masturbation...

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Ironic, isn't it? When I have a tough postboard matchup like this, I actually skip game 1 in testing. My guess is that you're correct. The deck is cheap to build so people build it, win game one quickly, then tell themselves vintage is stupid because they one game one on turn one.

I'm starting to really dislike the tournament practice room. You've got to use it because 2mans are awful EV but I frequently run into things like
    • Conceding the match to my turn 1 play
    • Mulliganing to death game 1 and conceding the match
    • Conceding when i'm part way through a combo which could fail - c'mon man, this is for practice. I need to practice comboing and you need to practice maybe winning through it
    • Sour grapes - I joined a game with a guy I'd beaten earlier and I never drew my opening 7. Just sat and waited for 10 minutes while he did nothing. He timed out and immediately rejoined the queue.

That being said, I have a terrific game I played today that I'm going to try to have a video of sometime in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    CHOO CHOO!

Code:
                     _-====-__-======-__-========-_____-============-__
                   _(                                                 _)
                OO(                                                   )_
               0  (_      No stopping this card advantage train!       _)
             o0     (_                                                _)
            o         '=-___-===-_____-========-___________-===-___-='
          .o                                _________
         . ______          ______________  |         |      _____
       _()_||__|| ________ |            |  |_________|   __||___||__
      (BNSF 1995| |      | |            | __Y______00_| |_         _|
     /-OO----OO""="OO--OO"="OO--------OO"="OO-------OO"="OO-------OO"=P
    #####################################################################
    The best analogy is Gush. People in Vintage do not play Gush with Bob because of the damage, so I see no reason why Treasure Cruise would be any different. Still, TC draws you one more card, so you never know. Maybe someone will try to jam it and mutter some nonsense about living dangerously.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    The best analogy is Gush. People in Vintage do not play Gush with Bob because of the damage, so I see no reason why Treasure Cruise would be any different. Still, TC draws you one more card, so you never know. Maybe someone will try to jam it and mutter some nonsense about living dangerously.
    This is patently false. Gush with Bob is known as sometimes known as Suicide Jace decks, here's a few links to such lists:
    Pyro Gush by Smennen - Sept '13
    Control Slaver - Aug '13
    Cobra Gush - June '13
    Grow-a-Tog by Jake Gans - Feb '12
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I've debated playing tombstalker in dead guy. Because fuck it. I play batterskull and shriekmaw now. Every once in awhile it sucks, but whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information