Thread: [Article]The Return Of Doctor Teeth

[Article]The Return Of Doctor Teeth

This is actually a Standard article for once so don't be surprised when you click the link and only find a couple of words about Legacy at the very end. Just felt I should post it here anyway, because, well, all the other ones have their thread here already:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...tor-Teeth.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

bruizar

Re: [Article]The Return Of Doctor Teeth

Thank you. Like you, I too felt that this card was one of those sleepers. Financially, this could be akin to bonfire of the damned, which, while everyone else was watching Entreat the Angels and Terminus, became the miracle $ card; I suspect the same could hold true for Empty the Pits and the Delve cycle. Mechanically, I've compared it to Entreat the Angels and Empty the Warrens.

There's some heavy synergy potential with Necrologia, but you have to navigate the graveyard hate.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    There's some heavy synergy potential with Necrologia, but you have to navigate the graveyard hate.
    Doesn't this work out to be strictly worse than Ad Nauseam?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Doesn't this work out to be strictly worse than Ad Nauseam?
    no, 19 cards for sure is different than maybe 19 cards if i get lucky. But in general yes necrologia hasn't seen any play
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

@Bruizar: Happy you liked it :) Entreat is a good comparison to how EtP works for sure, Empty the Warrens on the other hand doesn't. Empty is great early and terrible late, exactly the inverse of EtP in spite of the fact that the former clearly inspired the latter given their names.

@Rufus: Sweet find. If the Zombies could block the turn they come out, I'd be all over that plan, actually. The way it is I think you're much too likely to take lethal on the turn you have to wait to swing with them.

@iamjellydonut: Well, Necrologia allows you much more freedom in deckbuilding (four Necrologias and Force of Wills for starters).
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Empty the Pits has to be legacy playable even if there are no tier 1 decks that can play it.

The power level of the card is very fine for all formats. Empty the Pits should be a viable finisher for Pox in legacy or black based control decks in modern.

When you compare Empty the Pits to Tombstalker, I think EtP is far superior.

I am happy to have my playset for under 5$ considering the power level of the cards is pretty high and it is mythic.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Mon,Goblin Chief View Post
    @Bruizar: Happy you liked it :) Entreat is a good comparison to how EtP works for sure, Empty the Warrens on the other hand doesn't. Empty is great early and terrible late, exactly the inverse of EtP in spite of the fact that the former clearly inspired the latter given their
    Agreed, it's also inverse in the sense that warrens feeds on spells played in one turn, and pits feeds on spells that can be spread over turns. It's a black entreat for pox as far as I think. Indeed better than Tombstalker imo.

Thread Information