Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 30: Delving into Previous Misgivings

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal 30: Delving into Previous Misgivings

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    My thought on RUG Mandrils is that replacing goose seems meh. The reason goose was awesome was his ability to not get hit by spot removal. I know mandrils doesn't die to bolt or decay, but STP is still a highly played card.
    He also sometimes kills goyf whereas goose usually never does
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Thanks so much for the episode! Very interesting content.
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Top level content, thanks
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Looking forward to the eternal weekend preview cast.

As for feedback:
    + Go for the streaming matches.
    - Don't do the SCG replay commentary. Without watching the board state at the same time it gets quite boring and I drift away.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

On the subject of streaming, I've put up a survey at http://goo.gl/forms/gHizaivLOf . If anyone here would be potentially interested in watching us stream, please give us your feedback via that survey regarding what you'd like to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    On the subject of streaming, I've put up a survey at http://goo.gl/forms/gHizaivLOf . If anyone here would be potentially interested in watching us stream, please give us your feedback via that survey regarding what you'd like to see!
    Streaming is going to be awesome. I'll just sitting there shouting good and bad advice for no reason.

-Matt

Feb 2014
    North Carolina, USA

This was probably the best episode I've heard so far. Well-paced, very informative, and entertaining. Good job.
    GamErgonomics: The Science of Gaming Performance
    Life Coaching for Gamers
    Personal Gaming Blog UPDATED 1/13
    "Everyone is a hero. Even if you've only saved yourself."

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by BBG|Scott-Spain View Post
    This was probably the best episode I've heard so far. Well-paced, very informative, and entertaining. Good job.
    Thanks! :)

-Matt

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Not huge on streaming personally...unless you can set up "Twitch Plays MTGO". That I would watch.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Don't really care 1 way or another for the streaming aspect, but a series of "V.S" videos would be awesome, similarly to how SCG does their VS series with BBD and Brad Nelson and so on. That way we can see some evidence supporting the claims made on the cast (not that I don't believe them, but theory and practice turn out quite differently sometimes).

Just filled out the survey, my answers were a bit skewed due to living in Australia so it is very hard for me to catch live streams. Here's hoping some recorded content comes out.

Перетягивание
    Feb 2012
    Canberra, Australia

Likewise.
    Though, VODs are perfectly acceptable in that regard. I watch all the VSL and Julian's stream via VODs currently.

Only complaint about this podcast was Seans volume compared to everyone else. I had you guys turned up in the car to hear over road noise and then Sean nearly destroyed my eardrums :P

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Don't really care 1 way or another for the streaming aspect, but a series of "V.S" videos would be awesome, similarly to how SCG does their VS series with BBD and Brad Nelson and so on. That way we can see some evidence supporting the claims made on the cast (not that I don't believe them, but theory and practice turn out quite differently sometimes).
    OMG yes. VS VODs where players can explain their moves without hearing each other so they don't have to do the "I want to use THIS and then THIS" type of stuff and just talk freely. No worries about the chat (which seems to kill at least Julian's level of play), just the game and outlining your lines of play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Speaking of VS. VODs. I want a long set between Julian on a generic Elves build and a competent LED Dredge pilot. He keeps saying the matchup is fine but I don't see how. I want that set to happen so either I can learn and eat crow or he has to admit he's wrong >:) ^__^
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I bet you both are correct.

My guess is that it is fine for Julian because he is "The Man!" with Elves. For mere mortals it is probably much less winnable. Eons ago there was a meme here that "Nobody but David Gearhart could play Solidarity" and to some significant extent it was true. At his best he could eke out games that others would have not seen the path for. I faced him online twice and both times sucked for me. Even my own experiences with D+T have made it clear to me that there are some matchups where intimate knowledge pays big dividends. There are some matchups that I can't believe others claim are hard. It would be crazy to think that this is not a significant factor when facing Julian on Elves.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thread Information