Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1931

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

Hey y'all - mini tournament report from the Mox Boarding House double header last weekend. I had felt like I was playing reasonably well with Infect going in, but just wasn't seeing results in my local weeklies, so I was actually planning on running poison for day one and RB Reanimator day two. But counting to 10 felt so good on the Saturday that I ended up doing it both days.

Ended up 5-2 both days, just missing the cut (which ended up being clean) both days.

Day one vs:
    D&T 2-0
    Eldrazi Post 2-1
    Grixis Delver 1-2
    RUG Delver 2-0
    RUG Delver 0-2
    Omni Show 2-0
    Aggro Loam 2-0

Day two vs:
    Burn 2-1
    Dredge 2-1
    Miracles 1-2
    Infect 2-0
    4c Pile 2-0
    Miracles 0-2
    4c Pile 2-0

I was on 1 each of Fluster/Pierce main and 1 each in the board, knowing Pile/Grixis Delver match ups would be tough and there'd probably be a lot of people on them, so I was pretty happy to go 5-2 in those games (the Grixis loss was **this** close too).

Dropping two matches to Miracles was disappointing, since I still think that's a good match up for us. Game 2 of the 1-2 match, I fetched for a second Trop instead of a forest, so I could have Piece and Fluster up the next turn and got Blood Moon'd. Based on the board state/my opponents hand when I drew and played Probe the next turn, I think I would've been in pretty good shape with just the forest, but c'est la vie.

Wasteland overperformed all weekend. I was also on 2 Ponders and Sylvan. I'd probably move Sylvan to the board in retrospect, but I was never unhappy to see the 2nd Ponder. In fact, I'd consider a 3rd over Library.

Probe and Crop Rot/Pendelhaven were the real MVPs. There were a ton of games where Probe either let me know the coast was clear or what my exact lines had to be for the win (twice that was Crop Rot for Pendelhaven). And there were a lot of games where my opponent had enough pressure that I was under the gun to increase the clock and cantripping or drawing Pendelhaven got me there.

My favourite sequence of the weekend was Probing my Omnishow opponent to see that he was Show and Tell'ing in Emmy on his turn, so I ended up Crop rotting into Pendelhaven and using a Hierarch trigger and Invigorate to get him to 7. He Show and Tells and I put in Agent. He looks at me gestures to Hierarch and Pendelhaven and goes, "guess that's game".

Full decklist here

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    Hey y'all - mini tournament report from the Mox Boarding House double header last weekend. I had felt like I was playing reasonably well with Infect going in, but just wasn't seeing results in my local weeklies, so I was actually planning on running poison for day one and RB Reanimator day two. But counting to 10 felt so good on the Saturday that I ended up doing it both days.

Ended up 5-2 both days, just missing the cut (which ended up being clean) both days.

Day one vs:
    D&T 2-0
    Eldrazi Post 2-1
    Grixis Delver 1-2
    RUG Delver 2-0
    RUG Delver 0-2
    Omni Show 2-0
    Aggro Loam 2-0

Day two vs:
    Burn 2-1
    Dredge 2-1
    Miracles 1-2
    Infect 2-0
    4c Pile 2-0
    Miracles 0-2
    4c Pile 2-0

I was on 1 each of Fluster/Pierce main and 1 each in the board, knowing Pile/Grixis Delver match ups would be tough and there'd probably be a lot of people on them, so I was pretty happy to go 5-2 in those games (the Grixis loss was **this** close too).

Dropping two matches to Miracles was disappointing, since I still think that's a good match up for us. Game 2 of the 1-2 match, I fetched for a second Trop instead of a forest, so I could have Piece and Fluster up the next turn and got Blood Moon'd. Based on the board state/my opponents hand when I drew and played Probe the next turn, I think I would've been in pretty good shape with just the forest, but c'est la vie.

Wasteland overperformed all weekend. I was also on 2 Ponders and Sylvan. I'd probably move Sylvan to the board in retrospect, but I was never unhappy to see the 2nd Ponder. In fact, I'd consider a 3rd over Library.

Probe and Crop Rot/Pendelhaven were the real MVPs. There were a ton of games where Probe either let me know the coast was clear or what my exact lines had to be for the win (twice that was Crop Rot for Pendelhaven). And there were a lot of games where my opponent had enough pressure that I was under the gun to increase the clock and cantripping or drawing Pendelhaven got me there.

My favourite sequence of the weekend was Probing my Omnishow opponent to see that he was Show and Tell'ing in Emmy on his turn, so I ended up Crop rotting into Pendelhaven and using a Hierarch trigger and Invigorate to get him to 7. He Show and Tells and I put in Agent. He looks at me gestures to Hierarch and Pendelhaven and goes, "guess that's game".

Full decklist here
    Congrats on the finishes. Bummer that you barely missed top 8 both days, but back to back x-2's is nothing to slouch at.

How's the Czech Pile matchup? I noticed you played it twice and double 2-0'd it, which is intriguing since I've always found it to be a tough one. Spell Snare was a house in that matchup, and I still found myself the underdog when I had 2 copies (one main one side) in my 75.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Thanks, Jesture!

I actually read your posts and was thinking about Spell Snare in the board, but didn't get around to testing it beforehand, so I left them out. I went with the 1 Fluster/1 Pierce each main and in the board with the Pile match up in mind and those definitely helped. There was one sequence where I had double Fluster and got my opponent to bite on his own and later admit that he never expected me to have a second one in my 75.

To be honest, I think I also got pretty lucky, but my plan was to try to get under them in game 1 (hopefully before they could threaten Kolaghan's) and then side in the extra permission, Vines, removal for Strix and try to sculpt a hand to get there.

I've got a local tournament up here in Vancouver that should have around 30 on Saturday and I'm thinking about moving Sylvan to the board and packing a few Spell Snares.

I can't get behind Spell Snare. Flusterstorm does an excellent job of countering StP, red bolts, Push, discard, pyroblasts, FoW... you know, stuff that Infect really cares about.
    Spell Pierce does the same thing, has a much weaker impact on the stack but is also more flexible.

Spell Snare? I mean, Baleful Strix, sure I would snap counter that bird but what else? I don't see it.

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian View Post
    I can't get behind Spell Snare. Flusterstorm does an excellent job of countering StP, red bolts, Push, discard, pyroblasts, FoW... you know, stuff that Infect really cares about.
    Spell Pierce does the same thing, has a much weaker impact on the stack but is also more flexible.

Spell Snare? I mean, Baleful Strix, sure I would snap counter that bird but what else? I don't see it.
    To clarify, I'm talking about Spell Snare specifically in the context of the Czech Pile matchup. I've found Strix and Snapcaster to both be incredibly problematic, as they're both 2 for 1's and we don't have a way to counter them outside of 2 for 1'ing ourselves with Force of Will (Daze rarely catches either of these). As most lists are running 3-4 copies of each of these in addition to other two mana spells, I feel as though Spell Snare is rarely bad in this matchup and remains relevant starting from the early game all throughout the mid to late game.

I'm 100% in agreement that in general, this deck wants Flusterstorm more than it wants Spell Snare. That said, there's no reason why it can't run both, and in metas expecting a lot of Czech Pile I think a 50/50 split between the two is perfectly reasonable.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jesture View Post
    To clarify, I'm talking about Spell Snare specifically in the context of the Czech Pile matchup. I've found Strix and Snapcaster to both be incredibly problematic, as they're both 2 for 1's and we don't have a way to counter them outside of 2 for 1'ing ourselves with Force of Will (Daze rarely catches either of these). As most lists are running 3-4 copies of each of these in addition to other two mana spells, I feel as though Spell Snare is rarely bad in this matchup and remains relevant starting from the early game all throughout the mid to late game.

I'm 100% in agreement that in general, this deck wants Flusterstorm more than it wants Spell Snare. That said, there's no reason why it can't run both, and in metas expecting a lot of Czech Pile I think a 50/50 split between the two is perfectly reasonable.
    The 2 for 1 with FoW and Daze getting turned off so fast against Deathrite are the main reasons I'm wanting to experiment with Spell Snare. I loathe keeping FoW in when I want to grind after game 1 and I'd love to be able to cut Daze on the draw, but keep my countermagic count relatively high.

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    The 2 for 1 with FoW and Daze getting turned off so fast against Deathrite are the main reasons I'm wanting to experiment with Spell Snare. I loathe keeping FoW in when I want to grind after game 1 and I'd love to be able to cut Daze on the draw, but keep my countermagic count relatively high.
    Vs fair decks, I often side out the fows to bring in hard counters such as dispel or flusterstorm, or sylvan safekeeper or spellskite to protect our creatures, and/or sylvan library.
    Because Fow makes card disadvantage in matchups were card advantage is very important.

Vs DRS decks in particular, I bring in the Submerges to get rid of DRS, Strix or Tarmos. I won multiple games with this very simple plan.
    Last edited by Adibou1er; 02-06-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Hello guys! REPORT INCOMING

Decklist:
    https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-1...?cb=1518189179

Played in a local tournament this week, went 4-0 with losing 1 game total

ROUND 1: Grixis Delver 2-0
    My opponent flooded in game 1 and couldn't draW any answers to the beats, long and drawn out game. I dont like to play this match with speed in mind.
    SB: +1 Crop Rot +1 Blue Elemental Blast +1 Spellskite +1 Sylvan Safekeeper +1 Pithing Needle +1 Sylvan Library
    -1 Viridian Corrupter -3 Force of Will -2 Daze

ROUND 2: Grixis Delver 2-0
    I know my opponent very well, helped him get into legacy, helped him construct his deck, pretty much know his 75 even his cute cards, and most importantly, i know his play style, VERY proactive Player.
    SB is same as Round 1.

ROUND 3: Mana Dredge 2-1
    Just a pure race, im on the play game 1
    SB: +1 Bojuka Bog +1 Crop Rot +1 Surgical Extraction +1 Grafdigger's Cage -1 Viridian Corrupter -1 Green Sun's Zenith -1 Wasteland -1 Vines of Vastwood

ROUND 4: Mono White DnT 2-0
    Opponent is a good friend (who is borrowing my deck just to play for fun)
    SB: +1 Crop Rot +1 Karakas +1 Dissenter's Deliverance +1 Nature's Claim +1 Pithing Needle -3 Force of Will -1 Flusterstorm -1 Spell Pierce

As this is my first write up ever, any advice would be great, and any ideas for different SB cards, i haven't ever drawn or tutored for Sylvan Safekeeper, so was wondering your guys opinion, Thanks and Keep on infecting!

Hey there ! Up to playin Infect Ug at Mkm Rome on March. Wanted you to know how you guys handle grixis and 4c Mu. Control seems really rough, but i found out the game against grixis when they dont go mad aggressive, are close. What you think about the Mu?

Quote Originally Posted by Nossman3 View Post
    Hey there ! Up to playin Infect Ug at Mkm Rome on March. Wanted you to know how you guys handle grixis and 4c Mu. Control seems really rough, but i found out the game against grixis when they dont go mad aggressive, are close. What you think about the Mu?

Well, i think Grixis is something you just have to practice against really, and the 4C Control, spell snare is fantastic against that deck. Maybe, try testing that card if you think youll see alot of it.

New to the forum, but U/G Infect is my jam, so I thought I'd throw out an option in the sideboard. Has anyone considered Nature's Claim? It's artifact and enchantment removal for 1 mana, and the downside is irrelevant to infect. I may be bringing up a conversation that happened years ago, but I figured I throw the question out there.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mediocre_poet View Post
    New to the forum, but U/G Infect is my jam, so I thought I'd throw out an option in the sideboard. Has anyone considered Nature's Claim? It's artifact and enchantment removal for 1 mana, and the downside is irrelevant to infect. I may be bringing up a conversation that happened years ago, but I figured I throw the question out there.

Cheers,
    Craig
    It's a reasonable card, but I think what you must consider is Chalice of the Void, specifically, Chalice set to 1 (something they are likely to put in on to try to keep you off cantrips, elves and Hierarchs). I don't think you'd often have enough sideboard space to hate artifact hate that you can't really use versus Chalice (in most cases) unfortunately. So, while Nature's Claim is a fine card, it's 1 CMC is as much of a liability as it is a benefit.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It's a reasonable card, but I think what you must consider is Chalice of the Void, specifically, Chalice set to 1 (something they are likely to put in on to try to keep you off cantrips, elves and Hierarchs). I don't think you'd often have enough sideboard space to hate artifact hate that you can't really use versus Chalice (in most cases) unfortunately. So, while Nature's Claim is a fine card, it's 1 CMC is as much of a liability as it is a benefit.
    Agree with the above, which is why I've loved Dissenter's Deliverance (also great against Elves, who may or may not have Jitte) since it cycles.

I have run Claim from time to time though, when my local meta is low on chalice decks and there's lots of D&T. Nice to nuke a Jitte or Vial for 2 CMC through a Thalia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Empire View Post
    Question to my fellow infect players. If this deck isn't positioned so well in the current meta due to creature removal threats, that are your thoughts on running 2x copies of pattern of rebirth. We chuck it on one of our guys, if it gets killed we fetch a progenitus or emrakul in response.
    You'd be better off running natural order to fetch up progenitus or worldspine or something...cartesian used to do it, maybe he'll chime in.

Fair enough, and thanks for the responses. I'm not "in" the Legacy scene currently at my LGS. I suppose its worth is measured by the surrounding meta. I can see chalice making it a dead card. I know I've seen Krosan Grip, but the CMC was my reservation. I suppose I have more to consider. Thanks.

I would like some help with the Lands matchup.. tips, tricks, SB guides you guys ahve, anything will help :)

On nature's claim: Chalice is putting me off that card, and i went running 2 dissenter's instead. However seeing as my meta plays a lot of more enchantments than it used to, i've went back to good ol' naturalize, and it has been amazing and versatile. Taking everthing from blood moons to As Foretold.

A trick against lands: if facing multiple maze of ith's, fire off you vines of vastwood before combat to protect your dude from both.
    Also be aware of tranquil thicket if land player has mana open, when you plan on using surgical extraction on his loam in the yard. He will dredge it and fizzle your spell.
    PUnishing fire is often the only removal you will face, so getting ready for that with pump + surgical is great to try and end the game fast, as you will have a hard time if the game goes long.
    Needle on wasteland is great too, but inkmoth can be difficult to get into the red zone due to that, and Rishadan Ports getting activated on you inky in response to its animation.
    If you face a lot of lands in your meta; teferi's response is absolutely bunkers :D
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Fresh off of a 1k at Geek Fortress with UG Infect, I played against RG lands in the 1st round, finishing 16th out of 55.

He got me game 1 with a turn 3 Marit Lage after turn 1 double Exploration (3 lands, 1 of them being Depths) followed by turn 2 Gamble (for Stage I'm assuming, he discarded a 3rd Exploration). My hand was a keepable 7 but no where near as explosive as his. That's just how it goes, it could have easily gone the other way. I sided out some number of counter spells and sided in 2nd Crop Rot, Bog, Karakas, Pithing Needle, Surgical. Crop Rot way over performed for me from this point on.

Game 2 I think I had a turn 4-5 hand. I played conservatively always leaving G open to Vines my dude in case of PFire, then once he had Depths on board leaving G open to Crop Rot into Karakas. He makes Marit Lage and the Karakas plan works as I get him on my next turn with a kicked Vines for lethal. I think I Wasted a freshly played Maze before my final attack step.

Game 3 I open with Probe and see he has no combo pieces or tutors, but a hand built to grind me out. I remember seeing a red mana source, Ghost Qarter, double PFire, a Loam... That's all I can remember, I didn't take notes. After 2 turns, a cantrip, and a dead Hierarch, I believe my board looks like Trop, Inkmoth, Agent. He PFires Agent. He kills my Inkmoth. In hand I have fetch, fetch, Crop Rot, Vines, Inkmoth. He gets an insane dredge off of Loam. Something like a 3rd PFire, Grove, Wasteland. I decide it's a good time to to Crop Rot for Bog. It left him with Loam + Ghost Quarter in hand but cut him off of 3 PFires, Grove to Recur them, and 2nd source of LD. BImmense on a G Elf gets me there shortly after I Bog his grave.

Basically my take away was that I drew well and out Crop Rot'd him. The Crop Rot package is a very powerful when it's well timed, and has great silver bullets for this matchup.

[QUOTE=The_Mediocre_poet;1036688]New to the forum, but U/G Infect is my jam, so I thought I'd throw out an option in the sideboard. Has anyone considered Nature's Claim? It's artifact and enchantment removal for 1 mana, and the downside is irrelevant to infect. I may be bringing up a conversation that happened years ago, but I figured I throw the question out there.

what is Infect doing in order to combat the uptick of 4x Baleful Strix decks?

Thread Information