Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1931

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

Quote Originally Posted by drocker23 View Post
    what is Infect doing in order to combat the uptick of 4x Baleful Strix decks?
    Is reading the last page that hard ?

When I played infect, I played one mini-Jace in the main, gave me card selection if they let it live, recasting cantrips or pump spells mostly the turn after for the win. Worst case scenario's: it pitches to Force or it takes a removal from the opponent.

Any thoughts? Might want to play infect again this weekend, but not sure of the UG version or the one with white splash (I loved the STP's from the side and the absolute law)

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Xod View Post
    When I played infect, I played one mini-Jace in the main, gave me card selection if they let it live, recasting cantrips or pump spells mostly the turn after for the win. Worst case scenario's: it pitches to Force or it takes a removal from the opponent.

Any thoughts? Might want to play infect again this weekend, but not sure of the UG version or the one with white splash (I loved the STP's from the side and the absolute law)
    I've never been super high on baby Jace. I get the "eats a bolt/push/swords" argument to a point, but I'd rather just have an extra copy of Ponder or maindeck Sylvan to make it much more likely that I can dig for answers to protect my actual infecters.

Quote Originally Posted by drocker23 View Post
    what is Infect doing in order to combat the uptick of 4x Baleful Strix decks?
    Since most strix decks splash green, submerge is a decent answer. With all the drs decks floating around, submerge hasnt seen much play oddly. Im a big advocate of piracy charm to kill strix, lavaman, thalia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_king_of_angmar View Post
    Since most strix decks splash green, submerge is a decent answer. With all the drs decks floating around, submerge hasnt seen much play oddly. Im a big advocate of piracy charm to kill strix, lavaman, thalia, etc.
    Viridian Corrupter is your best bet. Im playing two with great success and it is our direct parallel to the 2-for-1 strix.

Took 1st place with 5-0 last night going
    2-0 enchantress
    2-0 dredge
    2-1 small pox
    2-1 grixis delver
    2-0 WUR As Foretold

Round 1 i hold back mana to daze his turn 3 play to keep my noble (and blue mana) alive. I let him resolve anything that my deck dont care about, and force what is necessary. I quickly establish blighted and a kill. G2 he never sees white mana and I murder him with everything i've got

Round 2 I get a quick kill where he durdles around. G2 i draw both my surgicals, and lands a fast elf. He flashbacks cabal therapy and sacs his only blocker to take care of the second surgical. i think for while and lets it resolve, he names surgical out of fear for it. That leaves invi+bimmense which became lethal.

R3 I force a collective brutality that would discard and kill my elf. I skip a turn 2 drop in order to have pierce ready, which took care of small pox. he never establishes. G2 he get a fast Veil online, and double him me. G3 i counter everthing and have safekeeper and neelde on wasteland. he only operates with a cursed scroll, but too little mana and no relevant cards in hand.

R4 is tight, i take care of G1 after we both spend time on can trips. Probe showed me TNN and Angler which were too slow and consider FoW'ing his brainstorm. I let it resolve and keep my counter for my turn where i could go lethal. G2 is tight but i never see gas facing a flipped delver and DRS and 2 bolts in hand. I bait the bolts out by attacking and pumping into DRS, but it did not help. G3 i probe him and see DRS, Grim lavamancer, cantrips, 1 polluted delta. I go full Chaotic Evil and lands a t1 needle naming delta. He never sees another land and I had wasteland, stifle (1-off for fun atm), safekeeper, flusters ready while inkmoths beat him down. Depressing game for him.

R5 i know that his turn 1 moons and chalices can hurt. and As fortold into restore balance also. I joke that i need to mulligan after a FoW or forest.. I draw both on opening 7. Lul.. I hold pierce up which answers chandra and kill him quickly. Game two he empties his hand for lotus petals and lands and slam a chandra i think, it gets a FoW. I establish corrupters for various of his artifacts and proceed to beat him while he draws little gas.

Great games :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Nice finish, Neffy!

Where are you running your Corrupters right now? 1 md, 1 sb? Also, are you running GSZ with it?

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    Nice finish, Neffy!

Where are you running your Corrupters right now? 1 md, 1 sb? Also, are you running GSZ with it?
    2 in the board. I dont run GSZ. I did once, but it just dont like taking anything out of the mainboard for it. Corrupter is a turn 3 (maybe turn 2 ) at its fastest, and with 4 probe, 4 bs, 1 sylvan I should see one at some point where it would be critical.. Often not a great card in the opening hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    Viridian Corrupter is your best bet. Im playing two with great success and it is our direct parallel to the 2-for-1 strix.

Took 1st place with 5-0 last night going
    2-0 enchantress
    2-0 dredge
    2-1 small pox
    2-1 grixis delver
    2-0 WUR As Foretold

Round 1 i hold back mana to daze his turn 3 play to keep my noble (and blue mana) alive. I let him resolve anything that my deck dont care about, and force what is necessary. I quickly establish blighted and a kill. G2 he never sees white mana and I murder him with everything i've got

Round 2 I get a quick kill where he durdles around. G2 i draw both my surgicals, and lands a fast elf. He flashbacks cabal therapy and sacs his only blocker to take care of the second surgical. i think for while and lets it resolve, he names surgical out of fear for it. That leaves invi+bimmense which became lethal.

R3 I force a collective brutality that would discard and kill my elf. I skip a turn 2 drop in order to have pierce ready, which took care of small pox. he never establishes. G2 he get a fast Veil online, and double him me. G3 i counter everthing and have safekeeper and neelde on wasteland. he only operates with a cursed scroll, but too little mana and no relevant cards in hand.

R4 is tight, i take care of G1 after we both spend time on can trips. Probe showed me TNN and Angler which were too slow and consider FoW'ing his brainstorm. I let it resolve and keep my counter for my turn where i could go lethal. G2 is tight but i never see gas facing a flipped delver and DRS and 2 bolts in hand. I bait the bolts out by attacking and pumping into DRS, but it did not help. G3 i probe him and see DRS, Grim lavamancer, cantrips, 1 polluted delta. I go full Chaotic Evil and lands a t1 needle naming delta. He never sees another land and I had wasteland, stifle (1-off for fun atm), safekeeper, flusters ready while inkmoths beat him down. Depressing game for him.

R5 i know that his turn 1 moons and chalices can hurt. and As fortold into restore balance also. I joke that i need to mulligan after a FoW or forest.. I draw both on opening 7. Lul.. I hold pierce up which answers chandra and kill him quickly. Game two he empties his hand for lotus petals and lands and slam a chandra i think, it gets a FoW. I establish corrupters for various of his artifacts and proceed to beat him while he draws little gas.

Great games :)
    what a result! possible to get a decklist?

Quote Originally Posted by scapiander View Post
    what a result! possible to get a decklist?
    1 Forest
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    1 Pendelhaven
    4 Tropical Island
    1 Wasteland
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    2 Become Immense
    2 Berserk
    4 Blighted Agent
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Crop Rotation
    3 Daze
    3 Force of Will
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Invigorate
    4 Noble Hierarch
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Stifle
    3 Vines of Vastwood
    Sideboard:

1 Dismember
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Karakas
    2 Naturalize
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    2 Viridian Corrupter

The dismember was submerge, but i boarded it in way to rarely in the current meta of grixis, etc, so changed it for dismember that can actually remove an annoying strix or early delver. Will take it for a spin tomorrow.

I will be attending GP Seattle in april. Infect is the deck i know the best and have enjoyed playing. It seems the deck is not in a good place in the meta right now. I've never played at a GP before. Is it even worth it to play infect in the main event or would it be better just to grind side events all weekend?? Not really looking to top 8 just have some positive wins and avoid 0-2 dropping everything..

Been play testing a lot to tweak the list and can post it if interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UGish View Post
    I will be attending GP Seattle in april. Infect is the deck i know the best and have enjoyed playing. It seems the deck is not in a good place in the meta right now. I've never played at a GP before. Is it even worth it to play infect in the main event or would it be better just to grind side events all weekend?? Not really looking to top 8 just have some positive wins and avoid 0-2 dropping everything..

Been play testing a lot to tweak the list and can post it if interested.

Thanks
    IMHO nothing replaces GP experience. So you should try the main event ;)
    Serious business begins in round 3, when all the byes come in.

Jul 2017
    Newfoundland, Canada

Can I get some opinions/critique on my deck list?

I sleeved up Infect to have something different to play other then my Eldrazi deck and it's certainly a bit more difficult that smashing face with Spaghetti Monsters.

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (14)
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Blighted Agent
    1 Viridian Corrupter

Spells (28)
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Stifle
    2 Berserk
    3 Vines of Vastwood
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Daze
    4 Invigorate
    3 Force of Will
    1 Become Immense

Lands (18)
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Savannah
    1 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard (15)
    1 Karakas
    1 Piracy Charm
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Force of Will

I'm not 100% on my side board, I feel it needs some changes. I mostly play in paper at my LGS which has a wide array of decks. I do play online a bit on Xmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwathnar View Post

I sleeved up Infect to have something different to play other then my Eldrazi deck and it's certainly a bit more difficult that smashing face with Spaghetti Monsters.

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (14)
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Blighted Agent
    1 Viridian Corrupter

Spells (28)
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Stifle
    2 Berserk
    3 Vines of Vastwood
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Daze
    4 Invigorate
    3 Force of Will
    1 Become Immense

Lands (18)
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Savannah
    1 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard (15)
    1 Karakas
    1 Piracy Charm
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Force of Will

I'm not 100% on my side board, I feel it needs some changes. I mostly play in paper at my LGS which has a wide array of decks. I do play online a bit on Xmage.

Hello! glad you`ve picked up Infect!

Your list looks really good.

Some of the optional choices I see will depend on the decks you plan on facing. Stifle is good to get them with. The dryad arbor is good to fetch around edict effects, and the white splash for swords and rest in peace is strong as well. other than that, looks pretty standard.

Have fun!

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Gwathnar View Post

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (14)
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Blighted Agent
    1 Viridian Corrupter

Spells (28)
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Stifle
    2 Berserk
    3 Vines of Vastwood
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Daze
    4 Invigorate
    3 Force of Will
    1 Become Immense

Lands (18)
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Savannah
    1 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard (15)
    1 Karakas
    1 Piracy Charm
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Force of Will

-Dryad Arbor is not good in the maindeck without Green Sun's Zenith. You already have Hierarchs to help you play around edict effects, and good players don't leave themselves exposed to getting hit for lethal pump by an end of turn fetched Dryad Arbor.

-If you insist on playing Dryad Arbor without GSZ, make sure it's the 20th land and not the 19th. You can't skimp on land count by playing Dryad Arbor because our deck doesn't utilize Dryad Arbor well as a land. Go up to 8 fetches.

-4 Gitaxian Probes is too many. Grixis Tempo is running rampant, you can't afford to pay a lot of life in most of your games.

-Piracy Charm is not a sideboard card, it does everything but isn't great at anything. You want to dedicate your sideboard slots to cards that are extremely powerful in specific match ups, not cards that have a little bit of utility in any match up you play them in.

-2 Surgicals and 2 Rest in Peace is too much graveyard hate. I'd play 2 Surgicals and 1 Rest in Peace at most, or maybe a 1/1/1 split of Surgical/RiP/Cage if you're feeling cheeky.

-I've never really liked Karakas in this deck. The decks we want it against are all playing Griselbrand, and Karakas doesn't do anything to stop the opponent from drawing 7-14 cards as soon as the 7/7 hits the board. Plus you already have too much graveyard hate, which should overlap with a lot of Griselbrand decks.

-I don't love a lot of the cute one-ofs (Stifle, Sylvan Library, Piracy Charm), but they're all reasonable card choices that have their uses, so you're fine keeping them in for now. I'd recommend replacing them with Ponders if you're open to trying that.

I'm sure I'm missing something else, but in the mean time I think your revised deck should look like this:

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (13)
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Blighted Agent

Spells (28)
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Stifle (Can replace with Ponder #1)
    2 Berserk
    3 Vines of Vastwood
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Sylvan Library (Can replace with Ponder #2, then move this to sideboard)
    3 Daze
    4 Invigorate
    3 Force of Will
    1 Become Immense
    1 Piracy Charm
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

Lands (19)
    1 Forest
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Savannah
    1 Wasteland
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard (15)
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Rest in Peace (Down from 2)
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Seal of Primordium (I like to diversify artifact/enchantment hate, as the 3cmc can be tough to pay against taxing effects)
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper (Great card if you're playing Green Sun's Zenith)
    1 Viridian Corrupter (Moved from maindeck, you could also cut the Arbor and play this guy main to free a sideboard slot)
    1 Force of Will
    1 more card (Could be Swords to Plowshares #3, Hydroblast, Absolute Law, Null Rod, Sylvan Library, etc.)

I would disagree on Karakas and submerge because these cards are useful against Lands (more if you don't play the white splash).
    I also like submerge vs tarmo decks.

I'm a huge fan of Sylvan Library because it gives you the fuel to compete with Miracles or heavy control decks.
    It also dodges the chalice @1 very well and the bloodmoon decks (your only basic is a forest).

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    I would disagree on Karakas and submerge because these cards are useful against Lands (more if you don't play the white splash).
    I also like submerge vs tarmo decks.
    Good Lands players don't risk their entire game on you not having a way to remove a 20/20. More than likely, they'll recur Wastelands and Punishing Fires until you have no permanents in play, then make a 20/20 every turn until you run out of ways to answer it.

The point here is that we're more worried about the Wastelands, Ghost Quarters, Rishadan Ports, Maze of Iths, Glacial Chasms, and recurring Punishing Fires than we are about the 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Sylvan Library because it gives you the fuel to compete with Miracles or heavy control decks.
    It also dodges the chalice @1 very well and the bloodmoon decks (your only basic is a forest).
    Agreed Sylvan Library is good against control decks, which is why I'm fine with having a copy in the sideboard to bring in against those matchups. But what about the plethora of fair decks in the format right now? Spending 2 mana at sorcery speed to look at the top 3 cards of my Library once per turn sounds awful against Delver decks. It also sounds bad against combo decks, I'd much rather hold up mana for counter spells than tap out for a spell that does nothing the turn it comes into play.

I'll play the Library against Chalice decks, but it's not particularly exciting there. The premier Chalice deck right now is Eldrazi, and they have a very fast clock which leaves us very little room to pay for cards off of Sylvan. The other Chalice decks are grindier, so if I would bring in Sylvan Library it would be because it's good against grindy decks and not because it "dodges chalice @1".

Sylvan Library is fine against Blood Moon decks, but we're already pretty favored in these matchups. Again, much like Chalice decks I'm fine with playing one but it's not particularly exciting to get extra looks at cards starting from t3. The game is likely over by then, hinged on whether or not we could get a green source that wasn't affected by Blood Moon (Hierarch, basic Forest).

Edit: Sylvan Library is fine in the sideboard, but I'm against playing it in the main. I just don't think it's quite as exciting as you make it out to be, especially against Chalice and Blood Moon decks. The only place I'm happy to see it is against Control decks, which means it perfectly fits the bill for a good sideboard card.

This card is interesting:
    http://mythicspoiler.com/dom/cards/brokenbond.html

I play naturalize x2 so this is a potential alternative, with some cool possibilities. Putting an inkmoth or pendelhaven or generally just an extra land in play seems really good. The sorcery speed however is a big minus in most cases. Sometimes our deck seems like a sorcery-deck, but mostly we act on instant speed.

What do we board naturalize/natures claim/broken bond in for?
    (Probably not) strix in grixis delver
    sylvan library
    chalices
    trinisphere
    umezawa's jitte
    blood moon
    weird prison enchantments
    and much more...

Most of these we would like to kill EOT ofc, but perhaps getting the extra land makes it up for its slow speed.

Jul 2017
    Newfoundland, Canada

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I did make some changes. Not sure if they are 100% right but I will test them and see how it goes.

Main board

Out:

Stifle

1 Gitaxian Probe

In:

Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

Green Sun's Zenith

Sideboard

Out:

1 Pithing Needle

In:

Sylvan Safekeeper.
    Play All The Decks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    This card is interesting:
    http://mythicspoiler.com/dom/cards/brokenbond.html

I play naturalize x2 so this is a potential alternative, with some cool possibilities. Putting an inkmoth or pendelhaven or generally just an extra land in play seems really good. The sorcery speed however is a big minus in most cases. Sometimes our deck seems like a sorcery-deck, but mostly we act on instant speed.

What do we board naturalize/natures claim/broken bond in for?
    (Probably not) strix in grixis delver
    sylvan library
    chalices
    trinisphere
    umezawa's jitte
    blood moon
    weird prison enchantments
    and much more...

Most of these we would like to kill EOT ofc, but perhaps getting the extra land makes it up for its slow speed.
    I like broken bond too. Being sorcery speed does kinda suck, but tempo wise im really liking the idea of it. Kill an artifact, wasteland something sounds good. Couldnt hurt to slot one in and see how it goes.

Hey guys, long time storm player, after 4 months of playing Topless Miracles, I realized combo is where my heart lies, and now I’ve been playing Infect for a few weeks.

Decklist here: https://deckbox.org/sets/1937024

I made the drive to Dallas for the SCG Open to play in Legacy side events, and thought I’d write up a tourney report.

TL; DR (sorry for getting so long-winded): Over 3 side events, I went 7-4 with one ID. Wins vs Burn, D&T, Monored, BUG Delver, RW Taxes, BR Reanimator and Maverick; Losses vs Miracles, Slivers (yes, Slivers), Elves and Eldrazi.

Overall, I can’t complain about my performance, given how new I am to the archetype; I recognize that I ran hot and got the turn 2 more than I probably should have, but the games where I had to grind it out made me absolutely fall in love with the deck!

Tournament Report

Event 1:
    Round 1: Burn
    Game 1 I am on the draw, I keep a slower hand with Noble Hierarch, Blighted Agent, and Berserk as the only pump spell. Turn 2 I ponder, see a Glistener, Vines and Invigorate. Run out the Blighted Agent, let it get bolted, and then next turn I play Glistener with Vines back up. He attempts to Lavamancer the Elf, draws the Vines, and then taps out for a Lava Spike. Invigorate/Berserk gets there.
    Game 2 my poker face is really tested when I draw an opening seven of Tropical Island, Glistener Elf, Invigorate x2, Berserk, FoW, Daze. Turn 1 he Lava Spikes me, turn 2 he taps out for an Eidolon, and Glistener tramples through for 16 poison.

Win 2-0; 1-0

Round 2: Death and Taxes
    Felt a little bad for this guy, he got paired against Infect for the second time in a row, and was clearly on tilt.
    Game 1 I’m on the draw, I mull to 6 and keep 2 fetchlands, Inkmoth, Elf, Invigorate, Daze. He runs out a Mother of Runes, and I run out a Glistener Elf. He taps out for SFM, I daze that Jitte-tutoring bastard, and miraculously top-deck the Berserk.
    Game 2 I kept a hand that was gearing to go long (which D&T was more than happy to do). I blew up a Jitte with Dissenter’s Deliverance, but then couldn’t get through the combination of Thalia and Sanctum Prelate on 3.
    Game 3 I have the turn 2 in my opening 7, and he couldn’t do anything to stop it.

Win 2-1; 2-0

Round 3: Topless Miracles
    This guy had one of the more interesting takes on Miracles that I’ve seen, running Soothsaying and Counterbalance instead of Azcanta.
    Game 1 I have to fight over every single Infect creature, I get two poison counters but I’m never really in the game. I scooped when I got down to zero cards in hand and Entreat resolved.
    Game 2 I have the turn two in hand, Probe and see zero interaction, and jam it. (Not sure why my opponent kept that 7 card hand...)
    Game 3 I poke with an exalted Blighted Agent for a few turns after he Plowed, Snap-plowed my first two Glistener Elfs, and then EoT he cracked an EE on two for my Agent. I have an active Inkmoth, and he is at 6 poison with 3 cards in hand. My hand is two fetchlands and a Berserk. I tank for a little bit, and based on the fact that he had been playing super scared, I decide to go for it. Berserk the Inkmoth Nexus, in response he casts Brainstorm, and finds Wear//Tear. Next turn he Miracles Entreat, and that’s that (this is the game I could use some feedback on).

Loss 1-2; 2-1

Round 4: I got paired against my traveling buddy, so we ID (2-1-1)

Event 2

Round 1: I lose the die roll, keep a decent six card hand with Trop, Glistener Elf, Invigorate, Daze, and 2 fetchlands. My opponent goes turn 1 City of Traitors, exile SSG, Blood Moon. Oof. I play it out, since if I top deck my basic forest I at least have a chance. Turn 2, he plays Chalice on 1. Yep.
    Game 2 I have the turn 2 with Daze backup. Trop, Glistener Elf, Daze Blood Moon, untap Invigorate Berserk.
    Game 3, I have the Force for the turn 1 Blood moon. Untap and play Noble Hierarch. Next turn I have the Dissenter’s Deliverance for the Chalice on 1, play a Glistener Elf, and then Invigorate Berserk on turn 3.

2-1; 1-0

Round 2...I will admit this was unexpected.
    Game 1 I mull to 5 and keep a mediocre hand. My opponent starts aether vialing in slivers, and I quickly die thanks to all the lords. So I go to the sideboard...turns out I didn’t pack any good options for slivers.
    Game 2 I keep a decent six card hand that fell apart with a turn 2 Hunter Sliver off of Cavern of Souls. Provoke hurts, folks. I had a hand full of pump spells and cantrips, and had those cantrips ever found an Inkmoth nexus I would have been in business. Ah well.

0-2; 1-1

Round 3: I’m on the draw, my opponent leads off on Underground Sea -> Ponder. I run out a Glistener Elf, and he untaps and casts a Hymn to Tourach. I have the combo in hand, so I Force pitching Daze to protect it. With how bad of a matchup BUG is, I decide to just jam the combo while he’s tapped out. He forces the Invigorate, I don’t have another counter, and he untaps and top decks the Abrupt Decay. It takes me a few turns to find another infector, by which time he gets LotV on board. Scoop.
    Game 2 I keep the turn two with Daze backup, and lead off with Glistener. He plays fetchland and passes. I topdeck Probe, see that he has nothing to stop the combo, and end the game right there (okay, okay, yes Probe is busted).
    Game 3 I mulligan and keep a slower 6 card hand, but with plenty of countermagic. He leads off with a Ponder, I lead off with a Noble Hierarch. Turn 2 Tarmogoyf is answered by my turn 2 Blighted Agent, with 2 daze and a flusterstorm in hand. He plays his 3rd land and fatal pushes my Blighted Agent. I tank for a few seconds to make sure I have the sequence right, and then Daze. He taps his second land to pay for it, and then I flusterstorm the fatal push. Flusterstorm resolves, counters push, and then he used his last land on fatal push #2, so I daze again. Untap, Invigorate-> Berserk, gg.

2-1; 2-1

Round 4, my opponent sits down and jokingly says “I hope you’re playing something that kills quickly, I’m registered for the next event too.” Well, I’m more than happy to oblige on that...he leads with Plateau -> Mother of Runes, and I’m feeling pretty great. I get a Blighted Agent online, and kill with back to back Invigorated attacks.
    Game 2 was a huge blunder that I didn’t get punished for. I’m poking with Blighted Agent, and my opponent casts SFM when I’m short on counterspells...and it was at that moment that, thanks to the long day of magic, I had forgotten to bring in my artifact hate. Whoops. Next turn he activates SFM and puts in Jitte, but doesn’t find the 4th land to then equip it. I untap and am staring down a Vial on 3. I have Invigorate Berserk in hand, and I realize that if he has Flickerwisp in hand, it’ll be a huge blowout...but next turn he’ll have an active Jitte. I go for it, he taps vial...puts in a Mirran Crusader and extends the hand.

2-0; 3-1

Event 3 (Sunday)

I sit down across from an unknown opponent, lose the die roll, and throw back two no-land hands. Keep Trop, Elf, Invigorate, Ponder, Daze. He says “pregame effects?” And my stomach dropped. Reveals 2 Chancellor of the Annex...yep. He opens with Badlands into Faithless Looting, pitching Griselbrand and Iona. Yep. I draw another land, throw my Ponder into the Chancellor triggers with wanton disregard, and pass turn. He untaps, leads with Dark Ritual, and I daze. Pass back to me (ok, step 1 complete). I topdeck another Daze, throw down the Elf, and pass. He leads off once again with a Dark Rit, and I daze again. He passes. Draw for turn finds Berserk, and, not believing my luck, I get in for 10.
    Game two, he leads off with Faithless Looting, pitching Griselbrand and Chancellor (which I guess he drew off the Looting?), and pass. I have Trop, Fetch, Noble, Elf, Brainstorm and Crop Rotation; I lead off with Trop and pass. He untaps, drops a Lotus petal, and attempts to Animate Dead the Griselbrand. Crop Rotate into Bojuka ends that. I draw a Force of Will, play Noble Hierarch and pass. He untaps, Entombs for Elesh Norn (which I should have Forced) and Reanimate targeting Elesh Norn (which I actually counter). I play the Elf, he does nothing on his turn, I untap and get in for 2 poison. He topdecks Exhume, and gets his stupid Elesh Norn. I draw Berserk for turn, and play an Inkmoth Nexus. He swings in for 4, I let him have 8, and Elesh Norn gets sacc’d. I get in for a 3rd poison, and on his turn he finds another Reanimate for Elesh Norn. I draw Brainstorm, finding two Invigorate and Crop rotation, put back two fetchlands, and pass. Elesh Norn swings in, I crop rotate for Karakas, untap and Inky gets there with the two Invigorate.

2-0; 1-0

Round 2 I win the die roll, mull to 6, she drops a Bayou into Deathrite Shaman (really hoping this isn’t BUG...), I drop Blighted Agent, she fetches up a Guru forest (yay! Not BUG!...also pimp af), plays a Nettle Sentinel and a Symbiote, does some Elves shenanigans, and I untap and kill with the Berserk fresh off the top.
    Rest of the matchup wasn’t that interesting, game 2 she strips my hand with Cabal therapy and flashback, and I never recover. Game 3 I mull to 5, keep a meh hand, cantrip without ever finding an Invigorate for my Berserk, and turn 3 she NO’s for Craterhoof.

1-2; 1-1

Round 3 I lose the die roll, keep an okay 6, and my opponent leads off with a turn 1 Ancient Tomb into Sorcerous Spyglass. I look at my hand for a while, realize that if he names Inkmoth nexus, this game is over, so I just go ahead and Force of Will it. Next turn he casts the chalice on 1 and I go ahead and concede.
    Game 2 I mull to 5, look at a hand that can’t really beat Chalice on 1, but don’t want to go to 4. I lead off with Forest -> Hierarch, he leads with...Chalice on 1. I topdeck Viridian Corrupter like a god, and we have a game. Next turn I draw a Blighted Agent, and get him to 4 poison until he casts Endbringer. I have a Pendelhaven, so I have one more window to get there (on top of the summoning sick turn)...and then he finds a Sorcerous spyglass and names Pendelhaven. Yep. I had enough pump spells that I still could have won that turn...but he followed up Sorcerous Spyglass with Thorn of Amethyst. Ok, nevermind.

0-2; 1-2

Round 4, the prizes for 2-2 are okay, but not great. So I just go into this last round not too stressed out, just for the love of the game.
    My opponent was on storm yesterday, but today he led off with Scrubland into DRS (oh). I drop a Hierarch, next turn I play Inkmoth and cast Blighted Agent. EoT he plows the Agent, and I let it resolve, holding Vines (since I have the Inkmoth Nexus). Untap, he Green sun’s for Qasali and passes (with DRS mana up). I animate Nexus and attack. Before damage he pops Qasali targeting Nexus, I gladly kick the Vines and get in for 6. Next turn he casts Thalia as his last card in hand, and I animate and Invigorate ftw.
    Game 2 wasn’t very interesting, he taps out for SFM turn two, and I let it resolve because I have the turn 2 in hand and he can’t plow with no mana.

If you made it this far, thanks for putting up with my rambling, and feedback is appreciated!

Thread Information