Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

Quote Originally Posted by Tristin183 View Post
    What is this sylvan?
    Safekeeper?
    Scrying?
    It's minimalist art in the form of a decklist, the viewer is invited to slot any card of their imagination's choosing into that last spot. Try not to concern yourself with what it could be and instead appreciate it for what it is.

Either that or its Sylvan Library. Haven't seen Safekeeper without GSZ, and Sylvan Scrying just seems worse than another copy of Crop Rotation.

Sorry about that, I wrote it while I was on the bus and Sylvan is a shortcut (mostly in french it seems) for Library :)

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Has anyone here tested Shaper's Sanctuary. I pre-judged it as pretty bad and never bothered to try it out, but James Wray's 11th place list from Seattle has two in the board.

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    Has anyone here tested Shaper's Sanctuary. I pre-judged it as pretty bad and never bothered to try it out, but James Wray's 11th place list from Seattle has two in the board.
    Spoke with a friend of Wray's during round 2 of GP Seattle, Wray seems to be really impressed with the card and believes that you shouldn't leave home with some number in your Infect 75. Haven't personally tested it myself (I've been off of Infect since Seattle), but it makes sense given how difficult enchantments can be to interact with for the prevalent UBx fair decks.

For what it's worth, I wrote the card off as well. Hopefully I was wrong to do so, would love to see some new life breathed back into this deck.

Today I faced 4 times Grixis Delver in a row.
    For a 3-1 record. The white splash was huge.
    Then I lost the win and in vs bug delver in this 35 player tournament.. Very sad :(

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jesture View Post
    Spoke with a friend of Wray's during round 2 of GP Seattle, Wray seems to be really impressed with the card and believes that you shouldn't leave home with some number in your Infect 75. Haven't personally tested it myself (I've been off of Infect since Seattle), but it makes sense given how difficult enchantments can be to interact with for the prevalent UBx fair decks.

For what it's worth, I wrote the card off as well. Hopefully I was wrong to do so, would love to see some new life breathed back into this deck.
    I'm going to try out a couple of copies at my weekly on Thursday, along with a Spellskite (which is something I haven't run in years). Definitely agree about having some new tricks to shore up against the current meta.

Sidebar re: Seattle, it was surprising how many people in day 1 didn't know how to play against us. It felt insanely powerful against opponents who couldn't find the right axis to attack me and that's definitely what got me into day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    Here is my list :

8 fetchs
    3 trop
    1 savannah
    1 waste
    1 pendel
    4 nexus
    1 forest

12 beasts

3 fow
    3 daze
    2 pierce
    1 fluster
    4 bs
    3 probe

1 sylvan
    3 VoV
    4 invi
    2 berserk
    2 crop
    1 become immense

Side :
    2 Kgrip
    2 StP
    2 surgical
    1 RIP
    1 Bojuka
    1 Karakas
    1 hydroblast
    1 Fow
    1 absolute law
    1 Spell skite
    1 Needle
    1 V. Corrupter

hey have never tried the white splash, but highly considering it, any chance you could do a SB guide for the major matchups?

Quote Originally Posted by Dowws View Post
    hey have never tried the white splash, but highly considering it, any chance you could do a SB guide for the major matchups?
    White adds several neat cards.

Swords to Plowshares for creatures (Grixis, DnT, Elves, Miracles, Lands/Dark Depths, Sneak and Show, Infect)
    Rest in Peace for graveyards (Grixis, Storm, Lands/Dark Depths, Reanimator)
    Absolute Law (or Circle of Protection: Red) for any red spells (Burn, Delver, Lands, Jund)
    Karakas for legendary creatures (Death and Taxes, Lands/Dark Depths, Sneak and Show, Reanimator)

Has anyone thought about adding one Quasali Pridemage? Enchantment ad artifact removal with exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristin183 View Post
    Has anyone thought about adding one Quasali Pridemage? Enchantment ad artifact removal with exalted.
    Quasali is an old and bad idea. First if you want to destroy an artifact you want it now so you will spent the 3 mana in the same turn. You don't want to take the risk to see Quasali destroy and loose your artifact/enchant removal.
    Moreover if you fetch your Savannah and get Wasteland you are screw for get white mana (exept if you have a noble and if is not kill by your opponent).

Quasali have a risk to screw your plan when other removal dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
    Quasali is an old and bad idea. First if you want to destroy an artifact you want it now so you will spent the 3 mana in the same turn.

Quasali have a risk to screw your plan when other removal dont.
    I get you. It is probably bad, and K. Grip does the same thing.

If some of you have feedback on your adventure at GP Birmingham, please share :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dowws View Post
    I have no real SB guide. I usually follow Tom Ross' advices, even if they are now quite old. See them here : http://www.starcitygames.com/article...To-Infect.html

The white splash, again, is huge vs Grixis Delver.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Hey there!
    No doubt about card’s potential!
    Not sure if this can help us to improve the deck, but tutor a berserk, a vines or crop rot It could be funny!

let me know what you think!!

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by spector14 View Post

Hey there!
    No doubt about card’s potential!
    Not sure if this can help us to improve the deck, but tutor a berserk, a vines or crop rot It could be funny!

let me know what you think!!
    So apparently you play already 4 x Merchant Scroll but want more so you also want to play the 50% more expensive tutor which can't find your best pump spells? I'll pass.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    So apparently you play already 4 x Merchant Scroll but want more so you also want to play the 50% more expensive tutor which can't find your best pump spells? I'll pass.
    Can you even read? Merchant Scroll can only tutor blue cards... What blue pump spell does infect want to tutor with Merchant Scroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Empire View Post
    Can you even read? Merchant Scroll can only tutor blue cards... What blue pump spell does infect want to tutor with Merchant Scroll?
    I'd rather play intuition over this one.

Unstable Mutation lol.

Piracy Charm! So good

Hi folks,

I'm currently playing the 4 ponder white splash version and I'm really happy with it.
    This kinda 'turbo xerox' version of Infect seems to be very stable and able to kill more often.
    I don't know why but I feel very calm when I play it and the late game is still a good option to kill.

I've been testing on cockatrice against something lilke 25 opponents for 2 or 3 losses (against Elves... I know... Punishing Maverick and Pile) and about 18 victories (Miracles, Bug devler, Czech Pile, Sneak...).
    But I know that on Cockatrice the level is not very high.

I will let you know about my IRL parisian results.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm currently playing the 4 ponder white splash version and I'm really happy with it.
    This kinda 'turbo xerox' version of Infect seems to be very stable and able to kill more often.
    I don't know why but I feel very calm when I play it and the late game is still a good option to kill.

I've been testing on cockatrice against something lilke 25 opponents for 2 or 3 losses (against Elves... I know... Punishing Maverick and Pile) and about 18 victories (Miracles, Bug devler, Czech Pile, Sneak...).
    But I know that on Cockatrice the level is not very high.

I will let you know about my IRL parisian results.
    What are you cutting for the Ponders?

Thread Information