Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1931

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

I was using the 4 Ponder version for a bit. I had only 2 Git Probe, 2 Daze, 3 Force and 2 Pierce. I found that the deck wasn't fast or disruptive enough and I like 2 Ponder with a Library in the board.

Anyone ever try 2 Ensnaring Bridge in the board?

Quote Originally Posted by UGish View Post
    Anyone ever try 2 Ensnaring Bridge in the board?
    what for ? why 2 ?

I would bring it in for Eldrazi, M erfolk, Elves , Sneak and show maybe BUG.

My Board.

1 Wasteland
    1 Sylvan library
    2 Krosan grip
    1 Apostiles Blessing
    1 Echoing truth
    1 Spell pierce
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Surgical extraction
    2 Pithing needle

Maybe just one. I wanted to start with 2 so i had a better chance to see it.

I would bring it in for Eldrazi, M erfolk, Elves , Sneak and show maybe BUG.

My Board.

1 Wasteland
    1 Sylvan library
    2 Krosan grip
    1 Apostiles Blessing
    1 Echoing truth
    1 Spell pierce
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Surgical extraction
    2 Pithing needle

Maybe just one. I wanted to start with 2 so i had a better chance to see it.
    Id almost rather run bridge than karakas against s&s; against sneak attack karakas is worthless. Easy to attack under the bridge for us, and creature strategies are at an all time high in legacy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_king_of_angmar View Post
    Id almost rather run bridge than karakas against s&s; against sneak attack karakas is worthless. Easy to attack under the bridge for us, and creature strategies are at an all time high in legacy right now.
    I agree . I don't even play Karakas anymore. I would bring the Bridge in against the Depths decks too.

I agree . I don't even play Karakas anymore. I would bring the Bridge in against the Depths decks too.
    Vs sneak, you cast a threat, then you play tempo.
    No need to have bridge.
    Against elves it's a joke. The MU is a bye.
    And vs Dark Depths, stp is better.
    Bridge vs karakas : can you fetch bridge at instant speed ? Nope. Can you counter karakas ? No.

Imho. :)

I agree with Adibou1er, Karakas do the same or better than bridge and can be tutor, the case where Karakas is bad against Sneak don't exist for me, I don't see where a bridge is better. Can someone give a example where bridge do better than Karakas ?

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
    I agree with Adibou1er, Karakas do the same or better than bridge and can be tutor, the case where Karakas is bad against Sneak don't exist for me, I don't see where a bridge is better. Can someone give a example where bridge do better than Karakas ?
    Against Sneak and Show:
    - Opponent has Sneak Attack, Emrakul in hand, and 2 red open
    - Opponent hard casts Emrakul off of Omniscience
    - Still works under Blood Moon

Bridge is bad in this meta, but it still has corner case advantages over Karakas.

I usually side out Crop Rotation vs S&S for counters. Opponent usually knows what i'm up to if I'm casting it for Karakas, can either counter or play around it.

I've been playing UG Infect since Treasure Cruise and played the white splash only a couple of times with less success.

What match-ups are you happy bringing STP in? Is it really worth splashing a colour for? Thanks

Marit lage ?
    Plus the white splash gives you acces to Rip and absolute law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesture View Post
    Against Sneak and Show:
    - Opponent has Sneak Attack, Emrakul in hand, and 2 red open
    - Opponent hard casts Emrakul off of Omniscience
    - Still works under Blood Moon

Bridge is bad in this meta, but it still has corner case advantages over Karakas.
    About that : if you fear Sneak, you have also hydroblast or pithing needle for CCM1 side options.
    Omniscience can't be hardcasted so you can just save you countermagic for key spells (either to provide you protection FTW or to prevent your opponent from casting show and tell) and play tempo.

The main problem with the white splash and 4 ponder version for now is the Miracles matchup.
    I faced 4 times Miracles in 2 weeks in 15 to 20 player tournaments in Paris, France, for a 1w / 3l record... (4/10).
    Yesterday I just digged all games long to find my countermagic pieces but I never found one...

Any thoughts about boarding options versus Miracles ?

Also I won again versus Lands (2-1) but my opponent made several mistakes..

Re: zach koch new decklist

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19350&d=323026&f=LE This is Zach's list from an IQ. Looks like he had to fight through a lot of grixis delver to get 2nd place. Great job! No white splash, no zenith or safekeeper. Wasteland moved to the side to fit 2 pendelhaven in the main, 3 ponders.

I like the 2 pendelhaven; 3 ponder helps make sure you can avoid multiples, and I have been running 18 lands with wasteland in the side for some time; you need colored mana for almost every card in this deck, so wasteland doesn't really count as land 19. Pendelhaven is a good way to keep glistener elf relevant longer, and is good for grinding in general (inky+pendelhaven+hierarch is a 2-3 turn clock with any pump spell), but crop rot'ing for it isn't where I want to be sometimes. Having 2 lets you draw it naturally more often. Cartesian had the same setup, I really like it.

Hopefully Zachary will drop by with some highlights. Im curious to see what he thought about the 3 ponders. 4 daze was popular for a while but in a deck where you need multiple pieces (threat, pump, counters/protection, ponder is pretty great. Helps with one landers too.

Re: zach koch new decklist

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_king_of_angmar View Post
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19350&d=323026&f=LE This is Zach's list from an IQ. Looks like he had to fight through a lot of grixis delver to get 2nd place. Great job! No white splash, no zenith or safekeeper. Wasteland moved to the side to fit 2 pendelhaven in the main, 3 ponders.

I like the 2 pendelhaven; 3 ponder helps make sure you can avoid multiples, and I have been running 18 lands with wasteland in the side for some time; you need colored mana for almost every card in this deck, so wasteland doesn't really count as land 19. Pendelhaven is a good way to keep glistener elf relevant longer, and is good for grinding in general (inky+pendelhaven+hierarch is a 2-3 turn clock with any pump spell), but crop rot'ing for it isn't where I want to be sometimes. Having 2 lets you draw it naturally more often. Cartesian had the same setup, I really like it.

Hopefully Zachary will drop by with some highlights. Im curious to see what he thought about the 3 ponders. 4 daze was popular for a while but in a deck where you need multiple pieces (threat, pump, counters/protection, ponder is pretty great. Helps with one landers too.
    I saw that top 8! nice work Zach! I like the list too. I've liked 2 Crop Rotations main and 1 Pendelhaven, makes virtual copies at 3 the same and I love ETO Crop for Inky. I have the Wasteland in the side too but only bring it in for Glasial Chasm and Depths.

Glad he is back playing infect.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

We lost Probe, but Pile and Grixis just took huge hits and we're likely going to get an uptick on D&T and Miracles. Dust off those Invigorates boys and girls!

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    We lost Probe, but Pile and Grixis just took huge hits and we're likely going to get an uptick on D&T and Miracles. Dust off those Invigorates boys and girls!
    Indeed. Got home and swapped the two Gitaxian Probes I was running for two Ponder. Probe was nice to have, but it wasn't as integral to this deck as it was to Grixis Delver and Ad Nauseam Tendrils. Losing Deathrite Shaman will likely also result in a slight downtick in Fatal Push (though an uptick in Lightning Bolt as Canadian Threshold comes back as the best Delver deck). And as you said, an increase in D&T and Miracles is good news for us.

Looks like a net positive for Infect overall. I'm looking forward to playing this deck again in the new meta!

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call Probe an actual loss. I'm quite happy to give it up so my opponents can't cast it on me. Might even be a net gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Superior View Post
    Indeed. Got home and swapped the two Gitaxian Probes I was running for two Ponder. Probe was nice to have, but it wasn't as integral to this deck as it was to Grixis Delver and Ad Nauseam Tendrils. Losing Deathrite Shaman will likely also result in a slight downtick in Fatal Push (though an uptick in Lightning Bolt as Canadian Threshold comes back as the best Delver deck). And as you said, an increase in D&T and Miracles is good news for us.

Looks like a net positive for Infect overall. I'm looking forward to playing this deck again in the new meta!
    More lightning bolt and red overall means rule of law and some white splash could be nice. With more green, we will probably see more k. grip though, which could be a problem for inkmoth and enchantments.

Hey guys, this sounds extremely janky, but would we be able to run Spy Network as a replacement for Gitaxian Probe?
    I've wasted too much of my life playing magic.

Thread Information