Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Re: [Primer/Deck] U/G Infect

im not fan of ponder in our deck now from my list i will just replace one of TV with one more become immense...
    i have a list similar to the one of Clown of Tresserhorn.

SB :

2 flusterstorm
    1 crop rotation
    1 karakas
    1 FOW
    1 BEB
    1 HydroB
    2 Krosan G
    1 Nature's claim
    1 Spellskite
    1 Null Rod
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Chill

Nice with pics in the thread!'

Regarding Impulse i dont think we have the mana for a 2CMC instant like that. I do however like your thought on preordain. Ponder however gives a shuffle and looks at four cards.. and-i-love-the-shuffle.

@Clown: Our lists are identifical except for the 4th Daze which in my deck is a 2nd Crop. Dont you miss it? It is such a nice card as it means a certain (if not countered) infect dude.
    I do miss the 4 daze tho..

EDIT: oh, and i only run 1 pendelhaven. Dont miss another.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Going to a local legacy tournament tonight, I'll probably try replacing the ponder with a dig through time. Will post back with results.

My biggest problem with ponder was that it meant using mana during the main phase, something that can be problematic given how little mana the deck operates on. Dig lets us look at 7 and grab two, an incredibly strong effect that is only more potent post board when we bring in 1-2 copies of certain answers cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuo84 View Post

Chill seems like an intriguing SB one-of; how has it worked for and what do you tend to bring it in against? Burn?

Aug 2010
    Colorado, bitches!

My SB:

1 Crop rotation
    1 Force of Will
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Blue Elemental Blast
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka bog
    1 Tower of the Magistrate
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Grafdigger's cage
    1 Dismember

As for Daze, I'll just go ahead and say it...this is the best daze deck I've ever played. If I could run 8 I would.

Well,

SB is very meta call. As i live in HK we have in our 20 players legacy event :

Burn often
    MUD 2/3 decks
    DnT 2/3 decks
    and UR UWR delver shell
    1 Lands (punishing fire)
    1/2 JUND (punishing fire)

and sometimes goblin so i like the chill inside my SB with the Spellskite but i should do 2 spells kite in next event.

I got very lucky on my buying also:

Bought those meridian mask foil nap invigorate for a very reasonable price.

Next buy will be : 4 Inkmoth Nexus foil > 4 Spell Pierce Foil

Mar 2010
    Philippines

before TC got banned, ive had success with this config...

1 groundswell (to battle bolts, forked bolts as it is handy than become immense)
    3 probes/1 treasure cruise/1become immense
    4 fows/3dazes/1pierce/2crop rotations (easily may fav card here as it won me tons of games by eot inkmoth ftw!)
    9 fetches/3 trops only

now, im expecting black to be back, i shld say bug variants, reanimators, junds
    2 become immense (dodges cotv 1 and cbtop locks)
    3 probes 1 ponder (shuffle effect is very impt in our deck)
    3 fows/3 dazes/2 pierces (to counter early discards without losing CA from fows)
    8 fetches/4 trops/2 crop rotations.... wasteland.dec will be on the rise once again.
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

HI, i play infect from september 2014, and i write only now because i want test a lot a deck before to talk about it.
    Here There are the lists of my results on local tournaments around to 25 to 60 players.

14/09/14 http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=14690&iddeck=108642 27 players

19/10/14 http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=15006&iddeck=111227 26 players

16/11/14 http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=15281&iddeck=113466 31 players

28/12/14 http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=15759&iddeck=117354 60 players

I missed the top in 3 events, one in local tournament, and another 2 in the big events (Ovino 400 players and another 200 players) In the first big event lose from reanimator and jund and in the second lose the first turn from something like 4cloam and second turn D&T.

How can you see guys, i had tested a lot of different versions and im feel good with the version with white splash. Maybe first is for the my meta country and second because i love StP in the sideboard. Really i prefer all life StP to submerge. StP can be side vs all deck and a removal with 1 wituout drawback is insane. Plus i want white for RiP.
    Another personal meta choice is the sylvan library maindeck. I had always prefer DtT to Tc for infect.
    Before of TC ban i was running 2 beb in side and 1 Wild defiance, Now i cut 1 beb for misdi and i have 1 slot from wild.
    I write for some tips, in february i ll play at another big tournament and i feel the meta post tc ban is so good again for our infect, and this time i dont wanna miss the top 8.
    This is the list:

Miss 1 card in side help me ^^

well NICE NICE Your deck looks very nice !

For SB i will put Null Rod or Flusterstorm

Null Rod good VS Miracles or DnT
    Flusterstorm VS Combo

Hi everyone,

I've started playing with Infect a while ago because I could borrow it from a friend for a tournament. Since then I've fallen in love with the deck. I'm now preparing for GP Lille in June 2015 and I want to go with a deck that can handle most other decks instead of a list which is optimized for my local scene. I've been playing this list lately:

Lands 19
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Forest
    2 Pendelhaven
    1 Wasteland

Creatures 12
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Blighted Agent

Spells 29
    4 Vines of Vastwood
    2 Berserk
    4 Invigorate
    1 Apostle's Blessing
    1 Become Immense

4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Ponder
    1 Crop Rotation
    2 Gitaxian Probe

Sideboard
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Force of Will
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Viridian Corrupter
    1 Karakas
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Necropede
    1 Hydroblast

What do you guys think of this list? Is this a good starting point or would you add other cards/colours? I'm still a fairly new Infect player so I based my list on Tom Ross' list and now with Cruise out of the format I won't be adding Piracy Charms because I think that they won't do enough. Anyway, I would be very grateful if someone could help me build a good list.

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaapje View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've started playing with Infect a while ago because I could borrow it from a friend for a tournament. Since then I've fallen in love with the deck. I'm now preparing for GP Lille in June 2015 and I want to go with a deck that can handle most other decks instead of a list which is optimized for my local scene. I've been playing this list lately:

Lands 19
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Forest
    2 Pendelhaven
    1 Wasteland

Creatures 12
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Glistener Elf
    4 Blighted Agent

Spells 29
    4 Vines of Vastwood
    2 Berserk
    4 Invigorate
    1 Apostle's Blessing
    1 Become Immense

4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Ponder
    1 Crop Rotation
    2 Gitaxian Probe

Sideboard
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Force of Will
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Viridian Corrupter
    1 Karakas
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Necropede
    1 Hydroblast

What do you guys think of this list? Is this a good starting point or would you add other cards/colours? I'm still a fairly new Infect player so I based my list on Tom Ross' list and now with Cruise out of the format I won't be adding Piracy Charms because I think that they won't do enough. Anyway, I would be very grateful if someone could help me build a good list.
    Your maindeck looks fine, though I'd recommend finding that 4th trop whenever you get the chance. If not, consider running an additional fetch, as 19 lands feels low and it'll help with the delve on become immense.

The sideboard seems a little bit dated to me. In particular, I think viridian corruptor without gsz is weak, especially with 2 Krosan grip and a nature's claim doing what he's there to do, only better. I'd probably replace him with an extra copy of crop rotation, as there are some matchups where you absolutely must find bog or karakas in order to win.

What matchups are you expecting to see a lot of? Try and get a better idea of what the popular decks will be, then prepare your sideboard accordingly. As it is, there are a lot of cards that seem meta specific (necropede, hydroblast) that I don't think will be coming in for g2 and g3 except in very specific circumstances.

Edit: Auto correct typo, -2 Korean Grip, +2 Krosan Grip

Your maindeck looks fine, though I'd recommend finding that 4th trop whenever you get the chance. If not, consider running an additional fetch, as 19 lands feels low and it'll help with the delve on Become Immense.
    I have the 4th Trop but I don't play it because I play a Forest in that spot. Do you think I need to add a 20th land or swapping the Forest with the Trop? 19 Lands is a bit low, but I don't know what to remove mainboard. Everything seems solid and necessary.

The sideboard seems a little bit dated to me. In particular, I think viridian corruptor without gsz is weak, especially with 2 Krosan Grip and a Nature's Claim doing what he's there to do, only better. I'd probably replace him with an extra copy of Crop Rotation, as there are some matchups where you absolutely must find bog or Karakas in order to win.

What matchups are you expecting to see a lot of? Try and get a better idea of what the popular decks will be, then prepare your sideboard accordingly. As it is, there are a lot of cards that seem meta specific (Necropede, Hydroblast) that I don't think will be coming in for g2 and g3 except in very specific circumstances.
    I've got no idea which matchups I will encounter. It's a GP so it's gonna be big and the field is going to be diverse. I can cut the Corrupter because it's, just as you said, a bit much and useless without GSZ. Isn't Grafdigger's Cage better than the extra Rotation? Don't get me wrong, Bogging someone is really good but it's only once where Cage stays on the field. It's a bit worse against Sneaky Show without the second Crop Rotation but if they Emrakul me I can only bounce it once and I don't think that it's worth the second Crop Rotation. Maybe I'm really wrong here and if I am, please say so.

What would you recommend to play in the sideboard if you would go to a GP?

Well META has change because of the Ban of Treasure Cruise.

First, Tournament of SCG put BUG MIRACLES LANDS in the top Chart.

Second, Watch MTGO from 29/01/2015 cause the Ban List will be updated on it so you can have an idea of what people playing.

Third, French Meta is not same / same as US META : expect a lot of Miracles, BUGz..

Hope it can help.

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

I have the 4th Trop but I don't play it because I play a Forest in that spot. Do you think I need to add a 20th land or swapping the Forest with the Trop? 19 Lands is a bit low, but I don't know what to remove mainboard. Everything seems solid and necessary.
    Typical configuration is 8-9 fetches, 4 trops, 1 forest, 1 wasteland, 4 inkmoths, 1-2 pendelhaven. As swiftspears leave the formats and goyfs come in, pendelhaven is a little less useful so you could consider cutting one or just moving it to board.

I've got no idea which matchups I will encounter. It's a GP so it's gonna be big and the field is going to be diverse. I can cut the Corrupter because it's, just as you said, a bit much and useless without GSZ. Isn't Grafdigger's Cage better than the extra Rotation? Don't get me wrong, Bogging someone is really good but it's only once where Cage stays on the field. It's a bit worse against Sneaky Show without the second Crop Rotation but if they Emrakul me I can only bounce it once and I don't think that it's worth the second Crop Rotation. Maybe I'm really wrong here and if I am, please say so.

What would you recommend to play in the sideboard if you would go to a GP?
    Cage is better in certain regards, but it's not quite as consistent without running multiple copies. The singleton Bog can be tutored with either Crop Rotation, and instant speed graveyard removal leads to some pretty fantastic blowouts against Past in Flames, Dredge, or Reanimator. Because Crop Rotation has other targets, you're usually just better off playing 1x Bog 2x Crop Rotation rather than 3x Grafdigger's Cage.

If you're expecting Lands, Miracles, and BUG as Tatsuo said, I'd say you're in reasonably good shape. Lands is a great example of where the second crop rotation would absolutely come in. Being able to Bog away Loams or Karakas a Marit Lage token gives you a lot more room to navigate to lethal. Some people also opt to include a second Wasteland in the side for matchups like this, but I don't think land destruction is where you want to be against a loam deck, especially with cards like Exploration to easily offset the tempo advantage you could otherwise gain from Wasteland.

Miracles is pretty straight forward. Just play patiently and don't get blown out by over extending. Even when you're taking your time, you can still often land a kill before they have time to set up their control pieces.

I think you should consider moving a FoW from the main into the side, as they tend to be pretty awful against fair decks. I've been using a Divert instead of a 4th pierce, but if you don't have one playing an extra Spell Pierce in the main should be fine as well. Also consider cutting Apostle's Blessing for Piracy Charm. Though Charm isn't quite as strong for defending creatures, it's multiple modes means it's less likely to sit in your hand as a dead card, while Apostle's often turns into a mini-fog if you're already behind.

Typical configuration is 8-9 fetches, 4 trops, 1 forest, 1 wasteland, 4 inkmoths, 1-2 Pendelhaven. As swiftspears leave the formats and goyfs come in, Pendelhaven is a little less useful so you could consider cutting one or just moving it to board.
    I'll switch the 4th Trop for the Pendelhaven. I also will fit in a 9th fetch because I want to run 20 lands, it's possible to run 2 FoW's maindeck and create a spot for an extra land.

Cage is better in certain regards, but it's not quite as consistent without running multiple copies. The singleton Bog can be tutored with either Crop Rotation, and instant speed graveyard removal leads to some pretty fantastic blowouts against Past in Flames, Dredge, or Reanimator. Because Crop Rotation has other targets, you're usually just better off playing 1x Bog 2x Crop Rotation rather than 3x Grafdigger's Cage.

If you're expecting Lands, Miracles, and BUG as Tatsuo said, I'd say you're in reasonably good shape. Lands is a great example of where the second Crop Rotation would absolutely come in. Being able to Bog away Loams or Karakas a Marit Lage token gives you a lot more room to navigate to lethal. Some people also opt to include a second Wasteland in the side for matchups like this, but I don't think land destruction is where you want to be against a loam deck, especially with cards like Exploration to easily offset the tempo advantage you could otherwise gain from Wasteland.
    You're right with this, I'll just play a second Crop Rotation in the sideboard for the GY-based matchups. Is it also worth siding in against the GY-based decks with FoW like Reanimator? Because you could race them and try to beat them that way. If they counter a Rotation and you can't fight back you're in a lot of trouble. Missing a land and getting a fatty into play sounds like a bad boardstate for us.

I think you should consider moving a FoW from the main into the side, as they tend to be pretty awful against fair decks. I've been using a Divert instead of a 4th pierce, but if you don't have one playing an extra Spell Pierce in the main should be fine as well. Also consider cutting Apostle's Blessing for Piracy Charm. Though Charm isn't quite as strong for defending creatures, it's multiple modes means it's less likely to sit in your hand as a dead card, while Apostle's often turns into a mini-fog if you're already behind.
    So -1 FoW and +1 land then? What would you cut from the sideboard to add the FoW and Crop Rotation? I'm going to cut the Viridian Corrupter, so that would be one spot but the second? My current sideboard is:

1 Sylvan Library
    1 Force of Will
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Viridian Corrupter
    1 Karakas
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Necropede
    1 Hydroblast

Oh and is Divert better than Misdirection? Misdirection is card disadvantage but it's free and it's still good late game and you can't say that about Divert. Also the reason that I run Blessing is that it makes my creatures unblockable. I've had several situations where I could win if I had a trampler/unblockable guy but the opponent had flying dudes (Miracles), big dudes (Goyfs) or a nasty flying dude (Baleful Strix). This is why I run a one off. It's also extra protection, only downside is that it doesn't pump my guys. Piracy is good but his role in the game is a bit different than Blessing's. Do you think the card is better in the long run?

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

You're right with this, I'll just play a second Crop Rotation in the sideboard for the GY-based matchups. Is it also worth siding in against the GY-based decks with FoW like Reanimator? Because you could race them and try to beat them that way. If they counter a Rotation and you can't fight back you're in a lot of trouble. Missing a land and getting a fatty into play sounds like a bad boardstate for us.
    You still want the second Crop rotation against graveyard matchups. Crop Rotation is negative card advantage on its own, but the versatility it brings to the table is generally a huge help in winning games. Plus, if they have FoW backup and go for the Reanimate, you're probably dead on the spot as it is. Better to have the Crop Rotation and make them have the counter back-up than be in a position where you don't have Crop Rotation and lose because of it.

So -1 FoW and +1 land then? What would you cut from the sideboard to add the FoW and Crop Rotation? I'm going to cut the Viridian Corrupter, so that would be one spot but the second? My current sideboard is:

1 Sylvan Library
    1 Force of Will
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Viridian Corrupter
    1 Karakas
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Necropede
    1 Hydroblast
    I'd consider cutting Hydroblast, as the meta's shifting back to where it was pre-Cruise. Burn is probably the deck which Hydroblast is best against, and it's already a favorable match-up for Infect.

Oh and is Divert better than Misdirection? Misdirection is card disadvantage but it's free and it's still good late game and you can't say that about Divert. Also the reason that I run Blessing is that it makes my creatures unblockable. I've had several situations where I could win if I had a trampler/unblockable guy but the opponent had flying dudes (Miracles), big dudes (Goyfs) or a nasty flying dude (Baleful Strix). This is why I run a one off. It's also extra protection, only downside is that it doesn't pump my guys. Piracy is good but his role in the game is a bit different than Blessing's. Do you think the card is better in the long run?
    Divert's mostly a meta call, I've been playing it in anticipation of BUG decks making their way back into the meta. Between Abrupt Decay and Hymn to Tourach, you have several great targets to Divert, plus the added caveat of diverting counterspells back onto themselves as a pseudo Spell Pierce. I'd stay away from Misdirection for the same reasons you don't want too many maindeck FoW's, the card disadvantage can really rack up and hurt you over time.

Piracy Charm has a mode that gives Islandwalk to a creature. As most of the decks you'll be playing against have some blue in them, I'd say the extra modes on Piracy Charm will help you win more often than the corner cases where you can steal a win against non-blue decks with Apostle's Blessing.

Hey guys, I've been playing this deck for about a month now. I won a SCG IQ with it a few weeks back, so now I'm planning on taking it to SCG Indy this weekend.
    I've put in a lot of time testing this week, and I keep running into one problem over and over again. I have an extremely difficult time beating Shardless.
    It seems like no matter what I do or try, they just keep drawing exactly what they need and grinding me out. So, I decided to try out the white splash with Rest in Peace in the board, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. Shardless is the only thing I'm having any trouble with whatsoever, I've been beating everything else pretty consistently. What are some things I can do to improve the match up? How does everyone else sideboard against it? Thanks in advance for any advice, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniVan_3 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been playing this deck for about a month now. I won a SCG IQ with it a few weeks back, so now I'm planning on taking it to SCG Indy this weekend.
    I've put in a lot of time testing this week, and I keep running into one problem over and over again. I have an extremely difficult time beating Shardless.
    It seems like no matter what I do or try, they just keep drawing exactly what they need and grinding me out. So, I decided to try out the white splash with Rest in Peace in the board, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. Shardless is the only thing I'm having any trouble with whatsoever, I've been beating everything else pretty consistently. What are some things I can do to improve the match up? How does everyone else sideboard against it? Thanks in advance for any advice, I really appreciate it!
    Hi Bro, cogratulation for SCG IQ. I think Shardless is a good matchup for us because we are simply too much fast for him, and inkmoth shine in this matchup. Bug delver imho is more difficult and boring. I play the list posted up in this thread with white splash and maybe help a little (Rip). Rip btw is also very good vs Jund and their Punishing recrution so i suggest to try 2x in side.

Piracy Charm has a mode that gives Islandwalk to a creature. As most of the decks you'll be playing against have some blue in them, I'd say the extra modes on Piracy Charm will help you win more often than the corner cases where you can steal a win against non-blue decks with Apostle's Blessing.
    Totally forget the islandwalk, I'll play it over Apostle's Blessing. Based on all the advise that I got here I made a new list.

Lands20
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Verdant Catacomb
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    1 Forest
    1 Wasteland
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Pendelhaven

[c]Creatures 12[/b]
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Blighted Agent
    4 Glistener Elf

Spells 28
    4 Invigorate
    4 Vines of Vastwood
    2 Berserk
    1 Become Immense
    1 Piracy Charm

4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Force of Will
    1 Ponder
    1 Crop Rotation

Sideboard

1 Sylvan Library
    2 Force of Will
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Submerge
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Nature's Claim
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Karakas
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Divert
    2 Necropede

Hi MiniVan_3! I never had any problems with Shardless, just keep the Baleful Strix of the table and be aggressive. What are you boarding against them?

Originally Posted by ORDAL

I play the list posted up in this thread with white splash and maybe help a little (Rip). Rip btw is also very good vs Jund and their Punishing recrution so i suggest to try 2x in side.
    What do you think of splashing white for RiP and Plow? I've tried it and I liked it but is it something to play in a known meta or in an unknown? I think that having RiP instead of Crop Rotation > Bojuka Bog is important, it's a really good card against so many matchups.

Thread Information