Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1931

Thread: [Deck] U/G Infect

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Deck] U/G Infect

Congrats on the finishes! Looks like you took down some of our tougher match-ups and just got kinda unlucky against Elves.

Not knowing your hand at all the times in the recap, it's hard to give a lot of feedback. But conceding against Eldrazi in game 1 jumped out at me. Playing under Chalice isn't great, but if you have an Inkmoth, you're pretty live with Invigorate/Become Immense/Pendelhaven in your deck to just try to race them. Especially since they've usually only got Warping Wail to interact. Odds def aren't in our favour, but I would've played it out.

Took another 5-0 last night - with a lot of very interesting games.

Sum up:
    2-0 4C BBE/Jund
    2-0 soldier stompy
    2-1 storm
    2-1 esper control
    2-1 jund

R1- 4c Bloodbraid/Blue jund?
    G1 he thinks im on Jund, and keeps a BBE, leo and 5 lands. That spells doom on him.
    G2 He mulls to 4... and go t1 DRS, I think i go noble. He then lands goyf and pyroblasts my EOT brainstorm (that was his hand, pretty decent for a 4 carder). I untap and slam blighted agent that together with an inkmoth keeps attacking for two, keeping pendelhaven open for a potential golgari charm. Im also fearing a kolaghan's command, so pendelhaven also were on safeguard duty against that.

R2 - soldier stompy
    I probe him and he has 2 supression field, nasty soldiers, and something else. only 1 plains. I slam and land and noble. He lands turn two supression field which sucks, but i untap play land and tap total of 4 lands to attack with inkmoth.
    He does not see another land but lands field number 2. This turn i cant attack with inkmoth so I hit with noble and play a fetch, which i cant crack either.. He eventually gets another land (maybe ancient tomb) and lands a preeminent captain? which I force. I play land (total 6) and attack with inkmoth. next turn I draw invigorate and that speeds the clock. game.
    G2 he has chalices in hand along with palace jailers etc and Thalia v.2. He throws a field and I tank. I let it resolve after a brainstorm, seeing invi+berserk. I keep my FoW ready should he have a STP from the board. game

R3 - Storm
    G1 im sitting with noble, stifle, land, invi, Bimmense, BS. very healthy hand, but he just goes off through a surprise stifle that didnt punish him enough.
    G2 I have stifle again and take out his fetch, and wastes his other land. Meanwhile i have an elf and spell pierce ready, and quickly takes it from there
    G3 is tight. Im seeing alot of counterspells, and have inkmoth and blighted I think. He probes me and sees my bimmense and berserk, but He im one card short of having GY enough for Bimmense (considered countering everything one turn, and hope for a fetchland, but decided not too). I just FoW a brainstorm. I draw another Bimmense, and he names it with Cabal therapy. I only have berserk in hand, and draw Brainstorm, into 2x heath and brainstorm. I put back berserk which is less good now, and 1 heath. The other brainstorm shows me elf, elf, blighted. He plays xantid swarm and flashbacks cabal naming berserk. yaay, miss!. Creatures on top of my library, he lands a Thing in the Ice and i dare not attack with my two inkmoths, so blighted goes in. Later the Titi had 1 counter and i surgical something in his yard to see if he has instant to transform it. He has. I just attack with 1 inkmoth, he transforms and i return inkmoth. I play that and blighted. The race is one and my noble blocks the horror, while i attack for 2-3. I drew the first elf which blocks, and the second elf stalls him enough for me to get him to 10PSN. game

R4 - Esper control
    G1 i see 3x probe, inkmoth, and other nonland stuff. I hate these hands - and i've promised myself never to take such chances. I was on the draw though and thought that 4 draws were reasonable to see a prober land. it was not.. He has jitte on DRS, and i scoop shortly after.
    G2 he has jitte in hand again, but my hand is corrupter, naturalize, and creatures, so im happy. he lands jitte, forces corrupter and get 2 counters next turn. I have inkmoth and naturalize his jitte, now getting back in the game.
    G3 i probe, he brainstorm in response and seems frustrated. I see a hand of baleful strix, zealous, 2 stp, 1 fow, 1 brainstorm, 1 tundra. That was his only land, and he was brainstorm locked. I sit with stifle the entire game waiting for him to draw his first fetch, which pays off. Meanwhile, he StP's a few inkmoths, i draw more, and lets him waste me. I overwhelm him and his one land.

R5 - Jund
    G1 i mull to 5 and gets pummeled by drs, bolt and a liliana.
    G2 he keeps a hand with too many lands and I quickly kill him, though he got bob out which was annoying. Shortly after we both hand sylvan library
    G3 he mulls to 6, keeps a hand with a lot of lands, some push, kolaghan.. I land and elf i think, which i let him push (he could pay for my pierce) but then he slams needle, which i take care of with pierce. Pwew. Inkmoths are my win cons this game - so that mattered. When going for it, i surgical his push to see his hand. He eats it with DRS. This is a win for me no-matter what. If it resolves i see his hand and take out any other pushes that can handle my Inkmoth. Bolts are the biggest issue as they would get around my pierce in hand, decay can't target inkmoth at all. I attack for lethal, he casts kolaghan which i pierce, which he now can't pay for because of the DRS used on eating push. GG

Touch matchups, but it worked out well :)
    MVP: stifle, spell pierce

Sorry for the hasty content, i suck at writing reports and it's all from memory... :)
    Last edited by Neffy; 03-14-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Giliean View Post
    Event 3 (Sunday)

I sit down across from an unknown opponent, lose the die roll, and throw back two no-land hands. Keep Trop, Elf, Invigorate, Ponder, Daze. He says “pregame effects?” And my stomach dropped. Reveals 2 Chancellor of the Annex...yep. He opens with Badlands into Faithless Looting, pitching Griselbrand and Iona. Yep. I draw another land, throw my Ponder into the Chancellor triggers with wanton disregard, and pass turn. He untaps, leads with Dark Ritual, and I daze. Pass back to me (ok, step 1 complete). I topdeck another Daze, throw down the Elf, and pass. He leads off once again with a Dark Rit, and I daze again. He passes. Draw for turn finds Berserk, and, not believing my luck, I get in for 10.
    Game two, he leads off with Faithless Looting, pitching Griselbrand and Chancellor (which I guess he drew off the Looting?), and pass. I have Trop, Fetch, Noble, Elf, Brainstorm and Crop Rotation; I lead off with Trop and pass. He untaps, drops a Lotus petal, and attempts to Animate Dead the Griselbrand. Crop Rotate into Bojuka ends that. I draw a Force of Will, play Noble Hierarch and pass. He untaps, Entombs for Elesh Norn (which I should have Forced) and Reanimate targeting Elesh Norn (which I actually counter). I play the Elf, he does nothing on his turn, I untap and get in for 2 poison. He topdecks Exhume, and gets his stupid Elesh Norn. I draw Berserk for turn, and play an Inkmoth Nexus. He swings in for 4, I let him have 8, and Elesh Norn gets sacc’d. I get in for a 3rd poison, and on his turn he finds another Reanimate for Elesh Norn. I draw Brainstorm, finding two Invigorate and Crop rotation, put back two fetchlands, and pass. Elesh Norn swings in, I crop rotate for Karakas, untap and Inky gets there with the two Invigorate.

Man that was an intense match. Good read. And well played :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post
    Neffy cut a ponder! We should kill him

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Anyone check out the MKM Rome results?

Infect in the top 8, running 19 lands feat just 5 fetches, 3 basic forests, 1 basic island! Other than that, it's pretty standard, save for the full 4 copies of FoW main, but that's a crazy land configuration. Maybe hedging against all the Wastelands and Back to Basics running around?

Mar 2010
    Philippines

The 3 noble config. made its magik again! After having not played any magic this year, I was seeded 3rd at end of 6rnds. My only tweak was the 3rd Surgical from my old list (for recurring wastelands and reanimators) and whallah, another TOP8 finish. This deck is still super fun!

decklist:
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18749&d=317238&f=LE
    Poxy14 ALTERED CARDS:
    https://www.facebook.com/earlgrant.deleon
    Commission Status: FULL!!! Commission Line to open: 2019

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

GP Seattle roll call?

Apr 2014
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    GP Seattle roll call?
    Playing Infect at the GP is going to be a suicide mission.

In other news, Friday seems like a good day to die.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jesture View Post
    Playing Infect at the GP is going to be a suicide mission.

In other news, Friday seems like a good day to die.
    I'm not driving down there to not poison people or die trying, I'll tell you that much

GP Seattle roll call?
    long time lurker. finally made an account. im infecting everyone i can. hoping to dodge grixis for the first few rounds.
    my build is a bit grindy but debating about taking my second ponder out for a stifle.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

So, my opponent no showed round 1 and I saw Delver 3 times, but zero grixis... so I made day 2 at 6-2. Beat UR Delver, BUG Delver, ANT, TES, and UW Stoneblade. Lost to UR Delver and ANT.

So, my opponent no showed round 1 and I saw Delver 3 times, but zero grixis... so I made day 2 at 6-2. Beat UR Delver, BUG Delver, ANT, TES, and UW Stoneblade. Lost to UR Delver and ANT.
    How'd you do in day 2?

I ran back 74 of your 75 (from the 1k list that you posted a couple of pages back) for day two side events for a record of 5-0-1, with the draw being intentional. The white splash was strong, and the second Ponder felt great. Your sideboard felt alot more focused than my original UG list and it made thinking about games 2 and 3 much more inuitive. Do you ever board in RIP vs. Grixis or BUG Delver? Is there any matchup besides burn and Delver that you side in the 3rd Vines? And do you ever bring in just 1 Needle?

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by KjeldoranMoron View Post
    How'd you do in day 2?

I ran back 74 of your 75 (from the 1k list that you posted a couple of pages back) for day two side events for a record of 5-0-1, with the draw being intentional. The white splash was strong, and the second Ponder felt great. Your sideboard felt alot more focused than my original UG list and it made thinking about games 2 and 3 much more inuitive. Do you ever board in RIP vs. Grixis or BUG Delver? Is there any matchup besides burn and Delver that you side in the 3rd Vines? And do you ever bring in just 1 Needle?
    Congrats on the strong results! I changed it up a bit for the GP (-1 Ponder for Sylvan, -1 K Grip for a Seal of Primordium), but was more or less on the same list.

I've brought in RiP against Deathrite decks in the past, but with the 2 flusters/2 pierce in the 75 now, I usually don't now. I like Vines against Miracles, D&T, Maverick--any Swords/Path deck and also Lands, since we can main phase it as an out to Maze of Ith. I'll also bring it in if I don't have much else, since opponents are usually boarding in extra removal. When needle comes in, it's pretty much always 2 for me. Any situations where you only wanted the one?

I got crushed in Day 2. Had a lot of fun though. I actually got matched up against Tomoharu Saito for round 10, but I guess he last minute dropped to make it to the Standard GP... technically, I have a win over a Hall of Famer now though

Jacob, if you're lurking here, thanks again for the games, man--definitely didn't expect to run into the mirror in Day 2.

When needle comes in, it's pretty much always 2 for me. Any situations where you only wanted the one?

I got crushed in Day 2.
    Sorry to hear about the quick exit from day two, but making it there is an accomplishment already. And yeah, needle is always a 2 of, Its a great catch all in a ton of matchups. I can see bringing in just one against something like burn or UR delver just to catch Lavamancer, buy you have counters, Law and StP so probably not.

Jacob, if you're lurking here, thanks again for the games, man--definitely didn't expect to run into the mirror in Day 2.

I am! The games were for sure fun -- it was my second hierarch kill of the weekend. Almost had a third (with giving my opponent six life on the last turn), but my Miracles opponent top decked FoW (after I had probed him) to fend off the lethal berserk and keep me out of top 32.

My mind was too blurry for most of the weekend to really do a proper tournament report, but here's quick results.

R1, 2: Bye
    R3: 2-0 Eldrazi
    R4: 2-0 Turbo Depths
    R5: 2-0 Storm
    R6: 2-1 RUG Delver
    R7: 2-1 D&T
    R8: 1-2 Miracles
    --
    R9: 1-2 Elves
    10: 0-2 Grixis Delver
    11: 2-1 Storm
    12: 2-1 Infect
    13: 2-1 D&T
    14: 2-1 Grixis Delver
    15: 1-2 Miracles

Just got back from GP Sydney. Didn't do particularly well in the main event but that gave me some extra time for legacy side events!
    Ended up playing 9 rounds total going 7-2, losing only to Grixis Delver all weekend.

Elves 2-0
    Grixis Delver 0-2
    Turbo Depths 2-0
    Painter 2-1
    Death & Taxes 2-1
    Nyx Fit 2-0
    Lands 2-0
    Grixis Delver 1-2
    Jeskai Stoneblade 2-1

Plenty of close games, and my first time playing against painter. First match against Grixis delver was close a close loss game 1, and then an absolute blowout game 2. Had to keep a risky one land hand on a mulligan to 6, or risk getting too far behind in card advantage. Second Match against Delver I took the win game one in very standard fashion, then game 2 he killed all my mana, and I couldn't get back into the game. Game 3 I thought I had a window with Invigorate and double vines backup, wasn't enough to beat a hand of bolt, dismember, Force, blue card, Daze... Tough break.

List: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/693837#paper

A friend and I are currently going back on Infect with the W version (with absolute law in the 75).
    I did a decent 3-1 on a 20 player weekly tournament and he went undefeated on an Eternal Weekend Trial with the list.
    It appears obvious to us that Infect is under the radar here in Paris, France, because a lot of players are no longer used to play against it.

The metagame here is very Grixis Delver and Lands oriented but with a proper sideboard (that means white and also anti red) it can be dodged.
    My friend faced 4 times Grixis Delver on his run and never lost.
    As far I'm concerned, I faced Lands and Aggro Loam (after my 2-0 win we had 4 other games that I won as well) and never felt I could lose both matches.

To discuss :)

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    A friend and I are currently going back on Infect with the W version (with absolute law in the 75).
    I did a decent 3-1 on a 20 player weekly tournament and he went undefeated on an Eternal Weekend Trial with the list.
    It appears obvious to us that Infect is under the radar here in Paris, France, because a lot of players are no longer used to play against it.

The metagame here is very Grixis Delver and Lands oriented but with a proper sideboard (that means white and also anti red) it can be dodged.
    My friend faced 4 times Grixis Delver on his run and never lost.
    As far I'm concerned, I faced Lands and Aggro Loam (after my 2-0 win we had 4 other games that I won as well) and never felt I could lose both matches.

To discuss :)
    Do you mind sharing your list(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced View Post
    Do you mind sharing your list(s)?
    I don't mind :)
    I will tomorrow. And tonight another 3-1 (16 players) vs Grixis Delver (2-1), BG turbo Depths (0-2), DnT (2-1) and Lands (2-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Adibou1er View Post
    I don't mind :)
    I will tomorrow. And tonight another 3-1 (16 players) vs Grixis Delver (2-1), BG turbo Depths (0-2), DnT (2-1) and Lands (2-1).
    Here is my list :

8 fetchs
    3 trop
    1 savannah
    1 waste
    1 pendel
    4 nexus
    1 forest

12 beasts

3 fow
    3 daze
    2 pierce