Thread: [Official] Source Secret Santa 2014

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: [Official] Source Secret Santa 2014

Still waiting on sss :(

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

I apologize to anybody that didn't receive gifts this year. I will do my best to keep trying to figure out the status of the package, but there's only so much I can do do. At this point I would say that if somebody does not have a package not to expect one. There were issues with a lot of people's packages this year (for example, somebody's package just got to them now). So looking forward for next year I believe there should be more shipping guidelines. We should also consider tracking numbers, not because of fear of people not sending, but just due to the myriad of issues people had this year.

I did my best to organize to avoid issues, but again I apologize to anybody that didn't receive anything this year.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Pretty amazing, this many problems with shipping...

I'm basically shipping cards to the states about 10 times a month, the last 6 months, and I have yet to lose ANY package...

HOWEVER; Amazing job Valtrix! :)

Jan 2014
    STL

I tried to contact my SS personally however he seems less than willing to help figure out the issue and has never responded. Leads me to believe he never sent anything.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I've stopped hoping for my SSS package to come, pretty sure it wasn't sent with the little info I have. I think that in the future it would be an excellent idea to use tracking numbers for the shipments, it helps with accountability that the packages have been sent and gives the recipient an ETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I did not join the SSS this Christmas, and I won't join this year. I don't need anything, but also because I like the idea of sending small gifts without excepting anything in return.
    Speaking of that, I sent a Super Secret Source's Santa package on 11th December and it never reached its destination; tracking number surely didn't help. Seeing how the guy haven't joined the Source for more than three months, I guess he's dead.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I've stopped hoping for my SSS package to come, pretty sure it wasn't sent with the little info I have. I think that in the future it would be an excellent idea to use tracking numbers for the shipments, it helps with accountability that the packages have been sent and gives the recipient an ETA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesquisher View Post
    I tried to contact my SS personally however he seems less than willing to help figure out the issue and has never responded. Leads me to believe he never sent anything.
    Gentlemen, I hope your SSS were not of the suspicious kind like Winter '14 Accounts with less than 10 Posts which I had a bad gut feeling about as I saw them posting in the SSS thread to participate. Without naming names (because I KINDA don't want to turn this into a witchhunt), how did contacting turn out this year if problems occured? Did people try to help or was the classic no-response-because-it's-a-double-account or "i sent! Get lost!" among the common ones?

Again: sorry for everyone :(
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

The people that were risks were all paired with each other--I let everybody in this category know that there might be a bit more risk. Out of the 5 people in this category, only one person was a problem. Again though, people say they've sent packages. I don't have a mechanism to actually know this or not, which is why tracking should be important next year just for verification. Truthfully though the problems are not from malice, but just from laziness. The one guy who didn't actually send his package out I called in person and he told me that he just wasn't keeping up with Magic lately (and in fact wanted to drop out at like the beginning of January, and had his gift ready to return because it was unopened). In most cases I think this is the issue where people just aren't keeping up on the Source or with magic, not because of some kind of malicious "well I just want stuff for free" kind of mindset.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtrix View Post
    The people that were risks were all paired with each other--I let everybody in this category know that there might be a bit more risk. Out of the 5 people in this category, only one person was a problem. Again though, people say they've sent packages. I don't have a mechanism to actually know this or not, which is why tracking should be important next year just for verification. Truthfully though the problems are not from malice, but just from laziness. The one guy who didn't actually send his package out I called in person and he told me that he just wasn't keeping up with Magic lately (and in fact wanted to drop out at like the beginning of January, and had his gift ready to return because it was unopened). In most cases I think this is the issue where people just aren't keeping up on the Source or with magic, not because of some kind of malicious "well I just want stuff for free" kind of mindset.
    The problem with tracking is, that if the package changes countries many companies doesn't/can't update their tracking anymore. This happened to me several times, and it also happened with my package when I shipped it to the USA (the tracking only worked as long as it was in Europe).

Greetings,
    Kathal

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Kathal View Post
    The problem with tracking is, that if the package changes countries many companies doesn't/can't update their tracking anymore. This happened to me several times, and it also happened with my package when I shipped it to the USA (the tracking only worked as long as it was in Europe).

Greetings,
    Kathal
    This might be the reason why the status of my envelope doesn't change ever since it left Europe. However, I'd guess that it wouldn't take two months to complete a EU-US trip, unless they're using post doves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    This might be the reason why the status of my envelope doesn't change ever since it left Europe. However, I'd guess that it wouldn't take two months to complete a EU-US trip, unless they're using post doves.

Easily solved. Go to the foreign countries own postal system and type in your tracking number there. It will most likely show up a couple of days after it has left your country.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Have you tried "track-trace.com"?

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Oh thanks!

edit:
    Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)
    Kinda sucks. I hope that they at least return it back to me...

edit2:
    Your item was delivered at 10:30 am on December 27, 2014 in FORT WASHINGTON, PA 19034.
    Lol, I missed the next line.
    Otoh it's a bit saddening that there was no mention of the package neither here nor in the bragging thread.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Oh thanks!

edit:

edit2:

Otoh it's a bit saddening that there was no mention of the package neither here nor in the bragging thread.
    I always use track-trace, as you can see (from your country) when it leaves europe and reaches their country with 1 click :p

Oh thanks!

edit:

edit2:

Oh, that's sucks this was a true santa gift and remained secret :(

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    Oh, that's sucks this was a true santa gift and remained secret :(
    Maybe we'll hear from the member lately, but I'm afraid he's either gone or something bad happened...

Thread Information