3. Requirements for sign up
    4. How the event will be organized
    5. How to write a wish list
    6. What to send
    7. Backup santas
    8. Expectations and issues
    9. Dates

Introduction

Hello everyone, this brings another year of organizing The Source Secret Santa. This is a very popular event that many people enjoy, so let’s make it another great year. If you’re not familiar the basic idea is this: Send cards to a random person based on their wish list and receive cards from a random person from your wish list. Pretty simple! As long as everybody agrees to a few standards everything will go smoothly and we can have another great year.

How to sign up

Post in this thread indicating that you would like to sign up, along with your wish list. You may update your wish list after your initial post! After you sign up, please send me a private message with the information as below. If you forget to send me a message, I will also ask you for it.

• Real name
    • Address
    • Country/region
    • Alternative contact (phone number or email or some other contact)
    • Willing to ship internationally?
    Your name and address will only be shared with the person sending you a gift and myself. The alternative contact will only be known by me and only used if I have tried to contact you via forum private message but have not heard back from you in a timely manner. This is purely a quality control effort, as last year there were a few people which didn’t communicate well and I’d like to avoid that this year. If you're concerned about any of these details, send me a message to discuss it. Really, communication is the most important part of this event!

Requirements for sign up

First, you must let me know your participation by 11/11/14. However, you can still sign up after this deadline on a rolling basis. What I'll do is that when two people sign up after the deadline they will get paired together. This way everybody that wants to participate can, even if you're on the fence originally. If you sign up late just expect that your package might arrive a little late!

Otherwise you must have an account which has been registered for 3 months and a post count of at least 25 to sign up with no questions asked. However, in the past we’ve had plenty of lurkers with great gifts, so if you don’t meet these two requirements just send me a message detailing your interest in the event. I’ll do a brief screening and might ask you a couple questions before adding you to the event. Sorry for anybody that this is an inconvenience to, but I think everybody will feel a bit better participating knowing that there’s a small screening process.

How the event will be organized

Pairings will happen randomly between people in the same groups (the states and international shippers). You will not be receiving cards from the same person you are sending cards to, unless you sign up after the normal sign up date in which case I will just pair each new two people together. This way you can't really feel bad about sending somebody more than they sent you since it's a different person sending you things.

I will track everybody's information to make sure that people ship on time and have received their packages. That means when you ship or receive you should let me know so I can mark you down for this.

How to write a wish list

The minimum gift amount this year will be $35. Many people tend to go more than that, this is just a guideline. The minimum is to ensure quality gifting. Unfortunately with rising legacy costs this year's minimum is a bit higher than in the past. If you don't feel like you can give an adequate gift, then please do not participate. Your wish list should contain cards with a mix of values and try to include as many things as you can to try and help make life as easy as possible for your secret Santa. If you ask for really expensive or hard to find things it might be difficult for your Santa to assemble a good package!

Try to be as specific as possible. Include the maximum number of a card you would like to receive. (That is, don’t write “daze,” instead say “3 daze”). Let people know how you feel about foils or foreign cards. If there are certain things you prioritize the most, indicate that in your wish list. Below is an example of a great wish list from last year. It has a mix of values and formats for the desired cards and is well put together. The more things you ask for the better, as it gives your Santa more options. (But only put things you'd be happy receiving of course. Spend a little time on this.)

- Alpha or Beta basics, any shape.
    - 4 portal/ Portal 2nd age Armageddons!
    - 4 Stronghold Ensnaring Bridges.
    - Any number of Artificer's Intuition. Foil or non foil, any language which is not Italian/English.
    - 4 Baleful Strix.
    - 1 foil english Ancestral Vision
    - 4 Submerge
    - 3 Unexpectedly Absent
    - 3 Toxic Deluge
    - 1 Strategic Planning
    - 4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    - 1 foil english 7th Fallen Angel
    - 1 Linvala, keeper of silence
    - 4 Birds of Paradise (any edition with old frame!)
    - 1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    - 1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    - 1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    - 3 Bonfire of the Damned
    - 4 Young Pyromancer
    - 3 Cryptic Command
    - 4 Loxodon Smiter
    What to send

Obviously try to fill out your Santa’s request as best you can, within reasonable cost limits. You might want to stop by a local game store, or even order a few things online yourself for your gift receiver. Remember that the minimum recommended gift is amount is $35 in card value. Sometimes you might not be able to fill the needs of a particular person’s list very well. As long as you can get them some things from their list, there are lots of simple ways to supplement your gift to turn it into a great package. Here are a few suggestions:

• Send chocolate. Everybody loves sweets!
    • Make an abacus life counter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAcSHttpiA). I made one of these my first year and my recipient loved it.
    • Card alters: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSS1mEadWqo). Even if you’re not a fantastic artist it’s not too difficult to do some boarder extensions on cards with simple color schemes.
    • Use cheap cards to tell some kind of story. For example, last year I had a stack of cards and sticky notes between them last year which told a silly Christmas story. They said silly things like, “This year I…” then there was a copy of opt “…ed to send you a great gift.”
    • Sending Legacy staples is also a good way to flesh out your package too, even if they’re not on your sender’s list.
    • Scout a user’s posts and see what they play. Maybe if they play a lot of lightning bolt decks you could send them a cool lightning bolt—foil, old edition, altered, foreign, whatever.

Backup Santas

From past experience, there are usually a couple people that don't receive gifts. This is unfortunate, but unavoidable. In these cases it's good to have a few people as backup santas who can send out a gift in case of an issue like this. If this is something you're willing to do, let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.

Expectations and Issues

Have the expectation that the package you receive might be a little worse than the one you spend, but if something like this would ruin your experience than it might not be best to participate. This is supposed to be a fun event and in general it is but some mishaps are unfortunately unavoidable. Make sure to let me know when you receive your gift and when you ship. It would be nice if you also post a picture of the package you receive.

If there are any issues with any part of the event, please send me a private message. Really, it can be anything. Did my person ship? Is my package good enough? I’m not sure I can do a good job with my person’s list, what should I do? I will keep my inbox empty and will do my best to handle any problems that come up this year in a timely manner.

Important: Try to keep negativity out of this thread. If there is a real problem, it is best to deal with it by sending me a message first.

Dates

11/11/14: Last day to sign up. Late enrollers will be accepted on a rolling basis. See signup details.
    11/12/14: Pairing will be sent out.
    12/12/14: Recommended ship by date. If you’re international, consider going sooner if you can.

Participants

1. Sloshthedark
    2. Elias
    3. Dice_Box
    4. Einherjer
    5. Whippoorwill
    6. Fry
    7. iamajellydonut
    8. Zombiesquisher
    9. zulander
    10. afb0032
    11. amalek0
    12. PirateKing
    13. Kayradis
    14. haganbmj
    15. UseLess
    16. SupREME-10
    17. tsabo_tavoc
    18. Krasman
    19. Monkey_Island
    20. T-101
    21. L0cke
    22. Arianrhod
    23. The_Dingo
    24. Megadeus
    25. Undomian
    26. Myelectronicdays
    27. Pellefant
    28. TheArchitect
    29. Goin Aggro
    30. xterminans
    31. entity
    32. survival
    33. Lord_Mcdonalds
    34. PhanTom_lt
    35. Samantha
    36. sephorusFR
    37. LIKEABOSS
    38. Schembo
    39. spartan117
    40. barcode
    41. GnuHouse
    42. Kathal
    43. shpishay
    44. EpicLevelCommoner
    45. demonlord340
    46. JamieW89
    47. Pastorofmuppets
    48. Redkid43
    49. Allcoin
    50. goblinsplayer
    51. alphastryk
    52. mini1337s
    53. joretapo
    54. aesercos
    55. HammerAndSickled
    56. Maagler
    57. natethegrate
    58. Jon
    59. Klazam
    60. Gobo17
    61. kiblast
    62. H

Note: People with low post numbers/join dates will be allowed to participate, but will be paired only with other people in similar circumstances.
    Last edited by Valtrix; 11-12-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Re: [Official] Source Secret Santa 2014

Down.

Wishlist:
    1 Goblin Token Drawn by you
    Xx 5th Korean Basics
    Xx 9th Russian Basics
    3 Korean Carpet of Flowers
    2 Russian FUT Tombstalker

Those are my only specific wants. I mainly play storm variants. I love random cool cards, signed, foil, misprint/cut, foreign, altered. The only expensive things I need is 4 German LEDs so if your feeling especially generous...
    Last edited by Elias; 11-10-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I'm in as well.

Here's a wish list, probably will add more as I think about it:
    Khans Fetches
    2x Russian Life from the Loam (gotta finish the set!)
    1x Russian Gitaxian Probe
    Any lingering souls. Best card ever printed.
    Any foreign things for my dead guy deck.
    Sylvain Library for edh
    Foil Foreign Deus of Calamity (any but Japanese for my collection!)
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    Zendikar Basics
    Shocklands
    4x Young Pyromancer
    4x Serum Visions
    Some of those blank cards from like the old championship decks so I can paint proxy power on them (or if you want to alter power on them that would also be sweet!)
    4x Goblin Welder
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Interesting Lightning Bolts
    Anything sweet for a Roon (Bant) EDH deck.
    4x FBB Red Elemental Blast
    1x Sword of Light and Shadow
    2x Crackling Doom
    2x Toxic Deluge
    2x Chrome Mox
    4x Mox Diamond
    Other random legacy Dega stuff

Any modern playable is welcome. Breaking into the format so I don't have much of the randomly somewhat pricey uncommon and such

Anything that doesn't have specific language listed I'm cool with any! (English included)

Also anything playable that gets a sweet Christmas alter will definitely be played in my decks!

*when I say alter, it doesn't need to be pro. I love cheesy things
    Last edited by Megadeus; 11-12-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I'd love to do this again this year. I am in.
    My wish list is the following:

Cheatyface from UNhinged. any number. It's my card to collect
    Any random foil Enchantment Creatures from Theros block (I think the borders look awesome foil)
    1 Virtue's Ruin
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 True-Name Nemesis

Would be awesome for my Progenitus Super-Friends EDH, but probably not (which is all well and good)
    1 Set Foil Kiora

Mainly though I just want to get a couple awesome things, and something signed/altered by my SSS would be awesome, but not required)

Hope you all have a great experience!

P.S.
    I love the look of the Cyrillic language. Only want it for the language and I love Foils, so any crap Foil Russian card would be awesome too!
    Last edited by Fry; 11-07-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Adding my wish list
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Oct 2011
    Denmark

xx Foil japanese caltrops
    1 Japanese containment priest
    1 beta plains
    2 flickerwisp
    2 spirit of the labyrinth
    2 dig through time
    1 awesome and inventive marit lage token.
    1 korean smokestack
    extra long sleeves that are good for double sleeved decks.
    Last edited by Phelix; 11-20-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Definitely in.

Wishlist:
    I generally prefer Korean cards, but I like all languages.
    Non-foil cards preferred.
    I mainly play Legacy, Vintage and EDH (casual-competitive) and don't really have any decks, just whatever looks fun that I can build. Lately for Legacy I've been playing Dega and Grixis Delver (basically UR Delver with a small black splash).

• 1 Foil Black/Artifact/Non-Basic Land card signed by you. This is for a mono-Black EDH deck and can be anything no matter how bad.
    • 4x Treasure Cruise (Korean preferred, but any language okay as long as they match. Signed by you on the bottom would also be awesome.)
    • Vintage proxies done by you.
    • 1x Korean FBB 4th Lightning Bolt (to finish a playset)
    • Xx Korean FBB 4th Basic Lands (All types, but mainly 1-2 Plains since I have 0 of those)
    • 1x Korean Kiora Emblem (My 4x Korean Kioras still need one )
    • Xx Korean Kraken Tokens (see above)
    • 2x Dig Through Time (to finish my playset)
    • Surprise me!
    Last edited by Whippoorwill; 11-07-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am up for it.

Wish list:
    Something that would go into a rarely played tier 2 deck and I will see about building it for the fun of it. Promise photos of the cards and completed deck.
    The other choices would be anything that would go into a Child of Alara EDH list, or some number of Toys for the infect deck. (I need the creatures, I have the expensive stuff)

I rather English cards, unless I get one of you crazy Germans... Please don't make me build a whole deck with German cards... Would be a hell of a project.

Dice.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 11-10-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I think it's the third time for me! I am in!

My wishlist:

I'd love to receive altered cards. (Valtrix made 4 outstanding Swords to Plowshares last year, I played with them at the GP and BoM and I will also take them to GP NJ. The year before I received an awesome package by Whippoorwill that had some awesome Angel tokens which I used ever since.)
    So I'd really like to receive altered cards, but more the serious kind of alters so I can integrate them into my soon-to-be-fully-altered-Miracles. Most of the alterations have a story to tell, so I'd love to add a new story to them!

That's the cards that I am missing from the MB which should have higher priority:

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Arid Mesa
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Jace, the Mindsculptor
    1 Council's Judgment

But I do understand that these are pretty expensive, so I'd also greatly appreciate altered cards for my sideboard as well:

1 Counterspell
    2-3 Flusterstorm
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1-2 Pyroblast
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2-3 Vendilion Clique
    1 Disenchant
    2 Rest in Peace

Greetings
    Last edited by Einherjer; 10-30-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Down for this as well.
    All of these are "Up to X" numbers; I buy a lot of foreign cards as 1-ofs, so every card in those categories especially helps tremendously when I'm working to complete playsets.

Wishlist (non-foil)

Stuff for my current project: German Elves

Other

Lately I've been working on Elves, but I always try to keep some kind of bad storm variant in my back pocket to mess with the local legacy crowd. I don't own blue duals (and don't really understand what that teardrop symbol is anyways), so I generally end up on awkward SI variants and such. I'll probably make the commitment here pretty soon if I can find a decent deal on blue duals; I own nearly every other card for the blue decks I'd be interested in playing. [EDIT: Working on a deal for one of each blue dual - might get to play some jank]
    Otherwise, I tend to stick to Maverick, Junk, Deadguy Ale variants, etc when I play legacy. I'm working on jumping into Modern at the moment as well, but lately I just haven't had the time to get out and play the format.
    Last edited by haganbmj; 11-13-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Definitely in again! Edit Wishlist:

Top wishes (English/Non-foil):
    4 ALTERED (and perhaps signed?) Veteran Explorers. I would like the Weatherlight version only. Best would be a matching set of alters, e.g. Christmas or movie references or anything you can come up with! I prefer alters to still have the black border, with readable text and (partially) visible frames. I don't really care what/whom alters. Nic Fit (currently BUG pod) is my favorite deck by far and it would be great to have a pimp set of these guys to sling around!
    1 Vendilion Clique (a man can hope ^^)
    2 Dig Through Time

Other legacy wishes (low priority):
    Flusterstorm
    Snapcaster Mage
    Blue Fetch (any series, except Misty Rainforest please)

EDH wishes (these can be any language and any set really):
    Prismatic Omen
    Entomb
    Intuition
    Craterhoof Behemoth
    Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
    Garruk Relentless
    Overgrown Tomb (RAV)
    Watery Grave (RAV)

Finally, some casual pimp stuff. I look for these cards in any pimp way you can think of:
    1 Blasphemous Act
    1 Boomerang
    1 Mischievous Quanar
    1 Vedalken Orrery
    1 Capsize
    1 Reins of Power

Greatly looking forward to start gathering a package and checking the mailbox every day in the hope that something has arrived!
    Last edited by UseLess; 11-07-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

definately in again! looking forward to it.

Wishlist:

Anything Alpha, Beta, or Unlimited.. i mean anything... commons, uncommons, rares... suprise me. ;D

or unique 1/1 thopter tokens (one thopter foundry produces)
    Last edited by Myelectronicdays; 11-15-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

cube and legacy enthusiast

Dec 2007
    Quebec

Second year! I'm in.

WISHLIST
    I'm a basic lands collector, I really like APAC and EURO lands as well as arena promo, beta/alpha basics and foil old borders basics. I would also like a set of 5-lands(any set will do as long as there is one of each color) signed by you.

EDH WANTS:
    1 transmute artifact
    1 goblin settler
    Last edited by survival; 11-14-2014 at 02:52 PM.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

I tried making a nifty story of my preferences, but it got rambly and didn't make much sense. Merry Christmas to me.

Non-foil.
    Prefer playsets
    Prefer completely uniform playsets
    Oldest set possible (except for Bloodbraid Elf)
    Signatures welcome (artists or yours)
    Alters welcome (great or simple)
    Prefer NM German or HP/MP English (that well worn look like you used it at summer camp without sleeves)
    I hate shuffle stretch marks.
    I will send you back a packet of anthrax if you send me cards with shuffle stretch marks.

I'm a Junk/Jund/Rock player by nature and would love to see my decks pimped with NM German, HP English, and/or alters.
    I'm building out out my generic blue staples.
    German Non-Foil Rob Alexander Odyssey Basic Lands
    Kruin Outlaw (any)
    Meandering Towershell (whatever you would consider "pimp")
    Invasion Block and Odyssey Block accessories, posters, etc. (will also take accessories from other relevant blocks)
    Liliana of the Veil, Broken Hand Costa Rica (HOLY GRAIL. Any non-English.)
    The original art for Worry Beads.
    Neat stuff.
    Oddities.
    Last edited by iamajellydonut; 11-12-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Jan 2014
    STL

Signing up for this.

Wish List:
    4x Foil Chalice of the Void
    4x Foil Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Foil Unhinged Mountain
    1x Foil Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Foil 8th Grave Pact
    1x Foil Food Chain
    1x Aether Vial
    1x Foil FTV Strip Mine
    1x Horizon Canopy
    2x Karakas
    4x Mother of Runes

Foil signed cards (especially Goblins)
    Just cool or creative stuff I guess. I'm mostly in this for fun, so if you can't get any of that stuff don't sweat it. I also like packs of KMC Perfect Fit and KMC Pink Super Series Sleeves

If you are from the UK or Germany I'd worship you forever if you could sneak me some Kinder Eggs!
    Last edited by Zombiesquisher; 11-07-2014 at 11:33 AM.

May 2011
    Canada

Prefer English over foreign, and non-foil over foil.

I am more or less in it for the fun so i'd take anything.

List:
    2x Staff of Domination
    1x Bow of Nylea
    4x Riftsweeper
    2x Virtue's Ruin
    1x In the Eye of Chaos
    2x Relevation
    2x Storm World
    2x Petrified Field
    1x Sun Titan
    3x Fatestitcher
    Last edited by Krasman; 11-09-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

I'm definitely in again this year.

Wishlist
    Overall:
    - I love playing ANT/Storm.
    - I typically prefer English and nonfoil cards, unless you prefer some form of specialty language or foils, then anything is fair game (although one day I may decide to foil out ANT).
    - ANY of your favorite cards.
    - ANY cards that have been altered.
    - If you played when I did as a kid, ANY nostalgic cards for you. (Tempest block - Invasion block)
    - I collect coffee mugs from around the world, so anything there is welcome as well.

Specifics:
    - Anything that is competitive playable (I am a spike) in Modern/Legacy/Vintage I would be very happy with, although I tend to not enjoy playing monocolored decks.
    - ANY shocks/filters/fetches/dual lands (doesn't matter if old or new sets for shocks/fetches, I have no preference)
    - ANY card that could be played in a vintage storm deck.
    Last edited by afb0032; 11-12-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

I'm in.

Wishlist - I added $ to denote which cards could be bought under the $35 limit and which ones were above. Hopefully the layout makes it easy.

Creatures:
    $
    4x Butcher of the Horde
    4x Bloodsoaked Champion
    4x Goblin Rabblemaster
    4x Siege Rhino
    4x Containment Priest
    4x Dualcaster Mage
    4x Wild Nacatl (foil)
    4x Qasali Pridemage (foil)
    3x Voice of Resurgence
    4x Griselbrand
    4x Grim Lavamancer (promo)
    4x Snapcaster Mage

$$
    4x Goblin Guide (gp promo)
    2x Vendilion Clique
    4x Emrakul
    4x Dark Confidant

Lands:
    $
    4x Caves of Koilos
    4x Shivan Reef
    4x Lanawor Wastes
    4x Yavimaya Coasts
    4x Mana Confluence
    1x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cavern of Souls
    Any Shocklands

$$
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Misty Rainforest
    4x Serras Sanctum
    4x Gaea's Cradle
    Any duals

Other:
    $
    4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Lightning Helix (modern masters foil)
    3x Domri Rade (foil)
    4x Path to Exile (promo)
    4x Boros Charm (foil)
    1x Chrome Mox
    4x Reanimate
    4x Entomb
    4x Survival of the Fittest
    4x Dack Fayden
    3x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

$$
    4x Lightning Bolt (textless foil)
    4x Force of Will
    4x Show and Tell
    4x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4x Lions Eye Diamond

Having said all that, it doesn't really matter. I have a decent job so I'm not in "need" of anything, would love it if your cards told stories like in some years previous. Make it fun and cool :)
    Last edited by zulander; 11-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Count me in! I'm starting to do my own alters, this might be a way to get them out to people who appreciate them. Maybe I luck out and get Einherjer and the reason to man up and try to do that counterspell alter I've been thinking about.

Wish List:
    I play lands and manaless dredge, though I have the friends to be able to durdle with just about anything at a legacy tournament if I ask around beforehand, so I'm not generally looking for a ton of legacy staples, though I may eventually switch to a blue-build of manaless dredge, so I guess I need a playset of force of will. Crappy/beat/up/min sleeve playable since I'll just be slapping paint on them anyway in my misguided attempts to get better at altering stuff.

More realistically, I'm foiling out modern storm:
    4 pyromancer ascension
    1 FNM English promo gitaxian probe
    1 Thought Scour (English Foil)
    3 Foil Past in Flames
    1 Foil Zendikar island (Any art, I have 2x of each art in foil, so any one of them would give me the 3rd to finish a matched set)
    4 Foil Pyretic Ritual
    4 Foil Desperate ritual (either printing)

Anything you alter Personally (no matter how bad) that's playable in a modern esper control shell. Except White Sun's Zenith, because the current card drying on my desk is "birthday kitties surprise party". A living testament that I fail at painting cats.

Actually, the biggest item on my wish list would be getting a victim in the exchange that wants alters of stuff that I feel comfortable of being able to do a not-shitty alteration job on.
    Last edited by amalek0; 10-27-2014 at 01:37 PM.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Let's do this!

Wishlist:

Any APAC or EURO Basics

4x Kamigawa Pithing Needle
    4x Abrupt Decay
    4x Planeshift Meddling Mage
    4x Beta Sinkhole
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4x Cabal Therapy

2x Trinisphere
    2x Fifth Dawn Engineered Explosives
    2x Flusterstorm
    2x Beta Red Elemental Blast

1x The Abyss
    1x Nether Void
    1x Chains of Mephistopheles
    1x Karakas

Custom tokens, hand drawn, 2/2 black zombie or 4/4 white angel with flying or 1/1 red elemental
    Last edited by PirateKing; 11-06-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Since last year was a blast, I'm in again this year!

Wishlist:
    Sneak Attack (doesn't matter on the condition)
    KTK Fetches
    Foil Old Frame Land (I just love the art of thoses)
    FTV Goblin Lackey (because slowly foiling gobos)
    Foil Spell Pierce
    Foil Treasure Cruise
    Foil Stubborn Denial
    Dig Through Time
    Beta Lands (Because im addicted to those....!)
    Arena Islands

and if you feel like the richest guy on Earth
    FOIL Stoneforge Mystic (I don't really expect to get it, but fuck, it doesnt cost me shit to ask)!
    Last edited by Kayradis; 11-07-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Thread Information