Eternal Weekend Legacy Top 8

2 UR Delver
    2 URW Delver
    1 BUG Delver
    1 RUG Delver
    1 UB Tezzeret
    1 Punishing Maverick

Well color me impressed.

Anyone have any thoughts on meta direction, or is this just what people sort of "thought would happen"? Props to Maverick and Tezz.

Here is the link to the top 8 profiles: http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...cytop8profiles

Friendly Mod Reminder: Keep discussion of whether certain cards should or should not be banned in the Banned and Restricted List Discussion thread.
    Last edited by ironclad8690; 10-26-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Eternal Weekend Legacy Top 8

MTGO is completely overrun with (UR) Delver decks, too. ~30% of the placing decks are Delver decks right now, with UR being the most popular variant, with the numbers only increasing.

And we also got got a taste where the meta is heading on stream, where most of the rounds where either Delver vs something or Delver mirrors.

I don't think the meta direction the format is currently taking is a healthy one. We might see TC being banned at least in Modern and Legacy.

I'm also suprised that D&T wasn't placing, since it's pretty good in that kind of meta, despite TC being overpowered.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    MTGO is completely overrun with (UR) Delver decks, too. ~30% of the placing decks are Delver decks right now, with UR being the most popular variant, with the numbers

And we also got got a taste where the meta is heading on stream, where most of the rounds where either Delver vs something or Delver mirrors.

I don't think the meta direction the format is currently taking is a healthy one. We might see TC being banned at least in Modern and Legacy.

I'm also suprised that D&T wasn't placing, since it's pretty good in that kind of meta, despite TC being overpowered.
    I hope the UB Tezzerator deck creams these Delver decks into the ground.

-Matt

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Props to Nate and Zach for playing awesome decks.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Maverick list has 2 Domri Rade, 1 Voice of Resurgence, no black splash (!), and a Tabernacle in the sideboard.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

MTGO is completely overrun with (UR) Delver decks, too. ~30% of the placing decks are Delver decks right now, with UR being the most popular variant, with the numbers only increasing.

But it isn't actually a problem because nonblue decks placed and there are many ways to play Cruise Delver. Many different Cruise Delver decks is the important thing, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Does anyone have a link to the lists?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    But it isn't actually a problem because nonblue decks placed and there are many ways to play Cruise Delver. Many different Cruise Delver decks is the important thing, right?
    All those 3 Delvers in Ovino's Top 36. Resistance is futile.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Just a hypothetical question: If Treasure Cruise were banned, do you think the delver-decks would just jam 4 Dig Through Time and still be almost as powerful and ubiquitous?

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I'd find it hilarious if TC were banned and not BS when Survival was banned and not Vengevine. WotC reasoning at its finest really.

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2014-10-25

Mar 2007

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    All those 3 Delvers in Ovino's Top 36. Resistance is futile.
    The meta is evolving rapidly. UR is already on par with Miracles on MTGO, and likely to overtake it really soon. People are quickly catching up how stupid good TC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    I'd find it hilarious if TC were banned and not BS when Survival was banned and not Vengevine. WotC reasoning at its finest really.
    Both are problematic in my opinion. And the situation is hardly comparable.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Maverick list has 2 Domri Rade, 1 Voice of Resurgence, no black splash (!), and a Tabernacle in the sideboard.
    I guess this is my 'told you so' moment.

Not surprised by Domri Rade's effectiveness. Domri Rade was always a good planeswalker, but the entire source community was against it. The card draws and destroys creatures for 3 mana; that's good. Just because you have to build your deck around it doesn't mean it sucks. Interesting note is that the other non-delver deck in the top 8 also builds around a narrow planeswalker, namely Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I guess this is my 'told you so' moment.

Not surprised by Domri Rade's effectiveness. Domri Rade was always a good planeswalker, but the entire source community was against it. The card draws and destroys creatures for 3 mana; that's good. Just because you have to build your deck around it doesn't mean it sucks. Interesting note is that the other non-delver deck in the top 8 also builds around a narrow planeswalker, namely Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas.
    The suprising thing is that he only runs only 21 creatures and no Sylvan Library to set it up.

I wonder how good a single Courser of Kruphix would be here. Seems good with Domri and stupid good with all the fetches/KotR shuffle effects.

bruizar

Courser of Kruphix sounds good with Domri Rade indeed. in addition to the obvious synergy with Domri Rade, the life gain looks very relevant with decks like Delver becoming more and more burn-centric.

UR Delver is a difficult matchup for D&T. And all that hate against the various Delver decks (Forked Bolt, Golgari Charm and whatnot) also hits D&T very hard.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DLifshitz View Post
    UR Delver is a difficult matchup for D&T. And all that hate against the various Delver decks (Forked Bolt, Golgari Charm and whatnot) also hits D&T very hard.
    Then why is Bahra with D&T stomping the shit out of them? That doesn't compute. He's currently doing very well in the dailies.

E.g. in yesterday's DE, he went 4-0, facing UR Delver 3x in the first three rounds (and went 6-1 overall against them) and Sneak & Show in the last one.

Forked Bolt is a new hate card, but D&T players already build their deck with TNN hate in mind.

bruizar

I think Electrickery is better than forked bolt because it kills swarms of Young Pyromancer tokens as well as TNN, unflipped delvers and elves.dec. It can't kill a 2 toughness creature though.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Zealous Persecution > All. Nice TNN. Nice Mother ofRunes
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I think Electrickery is better than forked bolt because it kills swarms of Young Pyromancer tokens as well as TNN, unflipped delvers and elves.dec. It can't kill a 2 toughness creature though.
    Electrickery is a good card, but you can't kill TNN with damage since it has protection.

Edit: Stream is back, UZ Tezzeret is out:

http://www.twitch.tv/cardtitan

Thread Information