Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Fate Reforged Thread

Re: Fate Reforged Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Yeah Too cute... Yes you will draw a bunch of cards, but they are all awful (brand!?) and the manabase sux!
    I prefer MY Defectors to be paired with Brooding Saurian.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Maybe the core of the problem is the limitation of manifest of putting cards from the top of the deck onto the battlefield and you can only flip over Creatures. The mechanic had A LOT more potential if it was possible to manifest cards from other zones than the top of your deck, like graveyard or hand and if you also could flip over non-creature cards if you pay the cards cost.

I mean manifesting Lands just to flip them over for 0 mana in response to a removal spell or sweeper has serious constructed potential. Also: a 2/2 beater that flips over into being a Thoughtseize? Sign me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I believe that if wizards is open to manifest, maybe in the future we will eventually get a mechanic - involving flipping over spells or non creature permanents (outside morph). Then I think we will have all the mind games that come with face down cards. One or two good morph cards + one or two good Manifest + one or two of this hypothetical mechanic - and suddenly face down becomes interesting.
    Hm, maybe that will be the mechanic of the next set: Spells with a kind of morph, you put them into play face down and then you can flip and cast them for their "Spellmorph" cost. :D
    Something like:

Spellmorph Thoughtseize
    B Sorcery
    Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. You lose 2 life.
    Spellmorph 2B (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up and cast it for its spellmorph cost.)

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by joven View Post
    Hm, maybe that will be the mechanic of the next set: Spells with a kind of morph, you put them into play face down and then you can flip and cast them for their "Spellmorph" cost. :D
    Something like:

Spellmorph Thoughtseize
    B Sorcery
    Target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. You lose 2 life.
    Spellmorph 2B (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up and cast it for its spellmorph cost.)
    The dream - would be something that works well with manifest. So maybe something like ~

Morph discard 2B
    Sorcery
    Target player discards a card. If you cast ~ from your hand, place it face down on the battlefield as a 2/2 instead of the graveyard.
    [Name] B - If ~ is face down you may, exile it for B, and cast it from exile until end of turn as if it had flash.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    The dream - would be something that works well with manifest. So maybe something like ~

Morph discard 2B
    Sorcery
    Target player discards a card. If you cast ~ from your hand, place it face down on the battlefield as a 2/2 instead of the graveyard.
    [Name] B - If ~ is face down you may, exile it for B, and cast it from exile until end of turn as if it had flash.
    Spellmorph would work with Manifest in the same way as Morph does. That was the whole point.
    But it would only be really interesting with instants, when you can spellmorph the facedown spell right before the 2/2 creature would die.

As I see it, manifested cards are 2/2 tokens that have the potential to turn into much more. That is pretty amazing.
    Last edited by joven; 01-10-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

More expensive than Assault Strobe, but this one is instant speed and also gives trample, considering your pumped creature should have quite a bit of power anyway. Might be cool with stuff like Kiln Fiend or Nivix Cyclops, especially since it's a common for Pauper.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

I think Tasigur could easily make a splash in BGx or UBx. If you end up at 5 mana you can probably cast him for B and immediate activate his ability for nearly-guaranteed CA. This however isn't something that *has* to be done. You can just cast him as a Goyf for 1B or w/e. I'm picking up some at $3 because I'd be really surprised if a graveyard feeding CA engine with Delve and a 4/5 body can't make an impact in at least Standard; let alone the possible implications elsewhere.

It's notable that on top of his easy access to (repeatable) CA, he's not Decay-able or Bolt-able. His synergy with Nic Fit builds (especially BUGFit) is amazing. You easily ramp to his CA, you fill the grave quickly, he fuels your grave, and he provides instant-speed CA with a mana-dump. I realize Nic Fit is a pile; but it's typically a pile because it's top heavy nature makes it play funky; possibly Delve cards can take advantage of it's huge mana reserves while making the cards playable at other times.

It's noteworthy that they play exceptionally well with Deed (although if they make a splash in other decks they pose big problems for Nic Fit's traditional build anyway.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Thread Information