Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GP NJ meta discussion

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

Re: GP NJ meta discussion

By the way, the day 2 metagame break down is up, which is like the best paper statistics we ever get:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c.../gpnj14/d2meta

and round 14 breakdown:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...gpnj14/r14meta

The naming conventions are a little annoying. Like Eli's deck is apparently "grixis tempo", UR Golddigger is UR (not izzet?) control and Nic Fit is Jund Midrange (which is different from actual jund midrange).

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Let's sum this up:

UR Delver is expected to make up 30-35% of the field Day 1, only made up 20% of the field Day 2, and finished with just over 10% of the T8 with a single list.

Whereas Miracles made up 6% of the D2 field, and 25% of the T8.

TL;DR - UR Delver under-performed dramatically, especially for all of the "Best Deck" hype it got in the last 2 weeks.

EDIT: It gets even better - there is a SINGLE UR Delver list in the T16. Or, 6%.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by tammit67
    Doesn't stop people for Hymn to Touraching me out of the event, or bringing in pithing needle for LED..
    Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    umm...
    I never said my opponent knew how his cards interacted with mine, just that discard was a poor choice that feels like it works.
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post
    Let's sum this up:

UR Delver is expected to make up 30-35% of the field Day 1, only made up 20% of the field Day 2, and finished with just over 10% of the T8 with a single list.

Whereas Miracles made up 6% of the D2 field, and 25% of the T8.

TL;DR - UR Delver under-performed dramatically, especially for all of the "Best Deck" hype it got in the last 2 weeks.

EDIT: It gets even better - there is a SINGLE UR Delver list in the T16. Or, 6%.
    UR Delver is a retard-proof budget deck that requires little format knowledge. It underperforming isn't too suprising in the grand scheme of things. People came prepared for it.

Miracles is a hard-to-play deck that rewards skill alot, so people bringing it are most likely pretty good with the deck. It performing above average yields no real suprises, either.

True performers were basically Jeskai Stoneblade and Miracles, while UWR Delver, Elves and Sneak and Show had a good showing, too. D&T performed average compared to its starting numbers and UR Delver sucked badly.

Thread Information