Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [DTB] Dark Depths

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by surface33 View Post

Have you tried tabernacle as a sideboard card? Or are we already good against creature dekcs?
    I have tried it for some time. Tabernacle is an insta-win against elves. It is also ok vs delver decks - but unless your meta has lots of elves, goblins and delver then I don't think it deserves a permanent slot as it gets boarded very seldom.

I agree that Tabernacle isn't worth a slot. However, I think it's even worse than you have portrayed it.

Tabernacle is not an instant win vs Elves. A card they run 4 of, Gaea's Cradle, eliminates the threat of Tabernacle entirely. Another card they run, Heritage Druid, mostly invalidates it, and many of their other guys make additional mana or untap guys that make additional mana.

Tabernacle is okay vs Delver decks, but you are rarely or never going to want to search for it instead of a combo piece.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Ribo View Post
    I top 8 a 81 player tournament in the Netherlands with this awesome 75 beauties https://www.facebook.com/dutchopense...&theater&ifg=1
    I went in 2nd seat undefeated.

You can see me play the quarterfinal here around the 9:00 clock.: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232652279. I know i haven't play this match to my full potential but it was a long day (i was writing more excuses but he! you know how it works)

You can see me play against an elves player around 4:32

i do have very good results with the deck overall, i still want to tune the deck a bit. So if you have suggestions please let me know.

Can you explain your reasoning behind mox diamond, wasteland? Also, do you have problems comboing? It seems like you dont have enough tutors and the strategy is more control thab combo.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I agree that Tabernacle isn't worth a slot. However, I think it's even worse than you have portrayed it.

Tabernacle is not an instant win vs Elves. A card they run 4 of, Gaea's Cradle, eliminates the threat of Tabernacle entirely. Another card they run, Heritage Druid, mostly invalidates it, and many of their other guys make additional mana or untap guys that make additional mana.

Tabernacle is okay vs Delver decks, but you are rarely or never going to want to search for it instead of a combo piece.
    Well I think it is a card that the “best” deck(grixis) among others, have to destroy in order to win. Regarding the search for combo pieces, my impresion is that many people here(me too) run a deck that has the ability to delay the combo in order to secure it. Many many succesful lists run confidants, shamans, decays, fatal push , gsz etc in the main and are able to afford searching for a card like this. It also seems like a wasteland priority target gainst those decks, althought I havent played it.

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Lately I've been playing a 4/2 split of MB Pithing Needle and Safekeeper on MTGO with the 3rd one in the SB. I've also dropped boseiju for an extra sphere effect due to miracles being a small percentage of the meta game.

5-0'd twice today with a mb rancor in 1 league as a 61st spice card.

beat maverick, 2x pile, 2x Grixis Delver, Jund, Miracles, TES, UWR Blade, Belcher. The only deck I had trouble was the TES and pile deck. Miracles felt extremely easy even without boseiju rite. I will be playing without it in the near future unless a meta shift happens
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Like I said previously, if you play against TES, they already do -X Therapy +X Decay/CoV, so basically spheres are good but MBT could really be effective because they are forced to find a discard or go for AdN (and find a discard) or fold.

I also added the 4th copy of Pithing Nedle maindeck. Still uncertain on what to cut but I don't think dropping S.S. is a good idea.

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, so maybe this is a discussion that's already happened, but I'm curious what you guys think about the recent "grindy" versions of the list that have been going around. (like this one, for example: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18840&d=317909&f=LE )

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Bobs. They have performed great in my testing, especially with the sideboard that can give us a beatdown plan. My main question is how has Deathrite been working for you guys? I find that 90% of the time I'm only using him for his mana ability and he just feels like a slow Lotus Petal. I know the usual builds are either 4 ESG and 4 Petal, or 4 Bob and 4 DRS, but I've been enjoying 4 Bob and 4 Petal instead. What are your thoughts on this?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Not a long-time depths player, but I am sold on the DRS/Bob plan. It's a strong plan B for grinding.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by KONSRS View Post
    Hey all. I'm new to this forum, so maybe this is a discussion that's already happened, but I'm curious what you guys think about the recent "grindy" versions of the list that have been going around. (like this one, for example: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18840&d=317909&f=LE )

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Bobs. They have performed great in my testing, especially with the sideboard that can give us a beatdown plan. My main question is how has Deathrite been working for you guys? I find that 90% of the time I'm only using him for his mana ability and he just feels like a slow Lotus Petal. I know the usual builds are either 4 ESG and 4 Petal, or 4 Bob and 4 DRS, but I've been enjoying 4 Bob and 4 Petal instead. What are your thoughts on this?
    Thats the kind of version im currently playing, even with more creatures. Imo its a simple trade-off, you lose speed but become more resilient and have more answers in the main. For me its also much more fun to play and gives the opportunity for more interactive and long games. I guess it depends a lot of the meta you play in, if you have lots of combo maybe the fastest version is better.

6-0ed the local APAC legacy invitational qualifier with the stock list and 3 more 4-1s online.

Again, I really do not get the point of DRS/BoB when you can run loam/exploration in RG lands. The fast mana is what makes this deck viable.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    6-0ed the local APAC legacy invitational qualifier with the stock list and 3 more 4-1s online.

Again, I really do not get the point of DRS/BoB when you can run loam/exploration in RG lands. The fast mana is what makes this deck viable.
    Both decks are completely viable and have shown very good results. I guess some people prefer a more interactive deck.(although imo bob should be in every list)

I understand the appeal of bob as a CA engine close to Library, but DRS to me is completely alien. I figure that one of the strengths of the deck is speed+avoiding then mini game that is DRS. the 2 life pinging drain feels opposite of what the rest of the deck is trying to do, namely killing them with a fast 20/20/
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    I understand the appeal of bob as a CA engine close to Library, but DRS to me is completely alien. I figure that one of the strengths of the deck is speed+avoiding then mini game that is DRS. the 2 life pinging drain feels opposite of what the rest of the deck is trying to do, namely killing them with a fast 20/20/
    There are two different types of decks going on here now - the streamlined combo version and a mid range deck. one of the big problems with black green mid range like eva green has always been " so you made it to the mid game now what ?" the old plan was try and stick goyf or tombstalker and hope that's enough. the grind iterations of turbo depths are essentially that same eva green plan, disrupt the early game and win in the mid except now with a flying 20/20 .

ive been assembling both versions in paper over the past few months though I was a little happier money wise before the confidant started appearing the lists lol...that price spike was vicious. I'm interested to see where the deck goes. black green is by far my favorite color combo in magic.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    I will agree the drs is the most underwelming card for me, i have been thinking and I might try 3-4 mox diamond to boost the speed of the deck instead of 4 drs. It is nice to have mid-late game options, specially againt decks like d&t where comboing fast is difficult..

Why not just play the stock list with an over 75% Magic online win rate if you want something faster? If you want the grindy DRS/Bob plan, just play RG lands or aggro loam.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Why not just play the stock list with an over 75% Magic online win rate if you want something faster? If you want the grindy DRS/Bob plan, just play RG lands or aggro loam.
    Because I think this version has the potential to be better. Also, what kind of question is that, if I wanted to maximize winrate I would probably play 4c control(which I do too). I do not think turbo depths has been playd enough to be optimized, and that clearly the case when you look at the last top tournament results and see many different versions make top16 in events with >500 players.

Quote Originally Posted by surface33 View Post
    Because I think this version has the potential to be better. Also, what kind of question is that, if I wanted to maximize winrate I would probably play 4c control(which I do too). I do not think turbo depths has been playd enough to be optimized, and that clearly the case when you look at the last top tournament results and see many different versions make top16 in events with >500 players.
    I think 500+ comp. league matches at a 75% win rate, 20+ 5-0s in the last 3 months, and a recent GP 8-0 is a pretty strong indication of the deck's current optimization state. Our 75 has been tested and tuned to a very high level.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

I think 500+ comp. league matches at a 75% win rate, 20+ 5-0s in the last 3 months, and a recent GP 8-0 is a pretty strong indication of the deck's current optimization state. Our 75 has been tested and tuned to a very high level.
    The deck is very good, thats a fact. But thinking you found the optimal version is naive. Here you have recent versions that have obtained very good results:

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=26931&iddeck=212914

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=26873&iddeck=212299

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=26474&iddeck=207956

https://m.facebook.com/dutchopenseri...&theater&ifg=1 ( I find this particular version, posted some pages before, to be very vey interesting)

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=26222&iddeck=205902 ( i am currently playing a very sinilar version to this one, with 3 bobs and 3 abrupts.

This are the some very big tournaments results with different variations of the deck. Btw, keep in mind that what I am saying is a huge advantage of the deck, being able to perform at this level with different lists makes it very difficult to play against it and very fun to play. It is what makes me preffer this deck over most legacy decks I have.

Speaking of spice, check out this fresh take that got 6th at the SCG Milwaukee Classic: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=119994

• Living Wish package
    • Glacial Chasm, Karakas, and Tabernacle in the main (despite the Wishes?)
    • Two Toxic Deluge in the main
    • Four Leyline of Sanctity in the side (see ya Edicts)
    • Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord (Fling effect)

Thread Information