Page 132 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Really nice common from the new set Dominaria that has potential (as a one or two of?) - dunno if it has been discussed here yet. I don't believe there is a card in any of the old sets with similar makeup -> looked hard for colorless or black card with similar effect.

https://magiccards.info/dom/en/225.html

Navigator's Compass

Artifact, 1 (1)

When Navigator's Compass enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life.

{T}: Until end of turn, target land you control becomes the basic land type of your choice in addition to its other types.

-------------------------------------

Reasons I like it:

-Tool for building BUG depths.

-Taps Dark Depths for mana (ramp) as well as other non-mana land like Maze of Ith, Tabernacle.

-Gets colored mana under Blood Moon!!!

-Lifegain is relevant -> maybe live another turn.

-Gets colored mana from Thespian, Steppe, Bog, Urborg, etc... -> for casting Hexmage, Decay, and green spells on time.

-Smoothes out those hands where you get thespian's stage and dark depths but no lands with colored sources.

-Helps with casting things like Reverent Silence or Massacre.

-Can find with Ancient Stirrings.

Does it counters wasteland if they waste and you make it becoming a basic ?
    No it doesnt it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Does it counters wasteland if they waste and you make it becoming a basic ?
    No it doesnt it seems.
    Nah, it will still be nonbasic - "in addition to it's other types" -> wasteland just has nonbasic requirement.

edit: I had to look this up more to verify: It follows similar rulings under elsewhere flask and blood moon -> "Changing a land's type doesn't change its name or whether it's legendary or basic."

Thoughts on Jody Keiths’s list?

Sep 2012
    Hartford CT

Loving the grindier builds doing well this weekend. Any advice for a new player of the deck, particularly around sideboarding?

Quote Originally Posted by ccab View Post
    Thoughts on Jody Keiths’s list?
    Here's the link: http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/120602

Main is very similar to the EW winning dec. Seems that DRS is a vial option replacing fastmana. And Bob can compliment library.
    I ask myself the question if such a build is more consistent and therefore better for winning bigger tournaments?

Does someone know who has won the mirror between Keith and Long? I was not able to watch. Was there at least a bit of coverage of the match so that I makes sense to search the reply?

It is arneuve vladimir's list not Jody Keiths’s list.

Who pefed here http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27403&iddeck=219207 and this week end
    biggest tornament ever won by a dark depth deck
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=26931&iddeck=212914

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by perian View Post
    Here's the link: http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/120602

Main is very similar to the EW winning dec. Seems that DRS is a vial option replacing fastmana. And Bob can compliment library.
    I ask myself the question if such a build is more consistent and therefore better for winning bigger tournaments?

Does someone know who has won the mirror between Keith and Long? I was not able to watch. Was there at least a bit of coverage of the match so that I makes sense to search the reply?
    I have been saing this version is more consistent for some time. After playing both for quite some time, imo the grindier one performs better on average. There are a couple of things that, in my opinion you should consider if you wan tontry this deck out:

Mox diamond-drs split. We have many lands that we dint mind discarding. Also they give the fast mana benefits without compromising your longer game options.

Gsz: it alows you to run 1 sylvan safekeeper and play other green creatures like reclamation sage(side) and ramunap(main) . It also helps the mana acceleration plan when played with dryad.

Cabal therapy: this card is soooo good against typical hate. Playing this with shamans, bobs, dryad, safekeeper is absurdly powerful imo

Im currently playing aggro loam and 4c control but i find turbo depths to be the most powerful of the three, although less fun imo.

One thing im wondering is if the deck can become less powerful nlw that people will start playing much more hate, maybe our discard and needles make us resilient no matter the amount of hate they play. I have won games against d&t when they have wasteland, karakas and swords...

I am going to stream the Dark Confidant version of this deck, as well as David Long's version, today on my stream. Starting soon.

twitch.tv/dnsolver
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

I've managed to convince myself that the deck can be good. Bob is still a questionmark but DRS does do work vs storm+Lands

I still don't think you should play mox diamond which imo adds even more air to the deck.

I 5-0'd twice with the following https://imgur.com/a/S7jQI5M with a 77% win rate in 7 leagues

The first time I ran 2 trackers and 2 casualties over the singleton goyf/maze. 2nd time was with the above list.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I am going to stream the Dark Confidant version of this deck, as well as David Long's version, today on my stream. Starting soon.

twitch.tv/dnsolver
    Thanks for the videos. Did the Turbo Depths (Negator77 or DNSolver) vs. BR Reanimator (EWLandon) challenge (3-10 matches) happen yet, and if so could you link the video for that?

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post

twitch.tv/dnsolver
    Thanks for the vid. It was cool to see both versions back to back. To my untrained eye it seems like it’s a meta call on which version you want. If your meta is all the interactive decks ie 4cc, delver, miracles, DnT you might play the grind version. If your meta is all uninteractive decks or unknown you go turbo ?

One thing I’ve noticed as someone who started assembling the deck in paper about the time it became a DTB the price of buying into the deck is going up. The grind version adds confidants which are only now returning to sanity after reaching nearly 100 and all the other pieces have also been creeping up. I feel like when I first looked at the deck it was around 1k with a majority of the cost being bayous and now the latest versions are 1800 plus. Cheap I guess by legacy standards but as budget friendly anymore.

If the meta is Delver and 4-color it doesn't matter the version; in fact, I would even prefer to have fast mana to be able to pay for Daze and Spell Pierce out of Delver.

I still think that Safekeeper and Library are sufficient to beat Miracles post-board with the plan of siding out fast mana. Anuraag Das looked at a sideboard plan I proposed on Twitter and was crying. But the Bobs certainly add annoying elements, and random 1-ofs in the sideboard like Bitterblossom or Liliana, the Last Hope can be annoying for them too.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Took the deck to the GP. First big tournament with it. So a short report would be nice.

R1 against a teammate with Death & Taxes. Lost the die roll.
    G1 fast beatdown on his side. G2 some beats from him and a combo for me after I ghostquarter his Karakas. G3 I can't assemble the combo in time and die to beats from Thalia and Mirran Crusader. Thalia Heretic Cathar is a pain in the ass for us! 0-1

R2 Against Omni Sneak. Won the die roll.
    G1 Starting 7: double Thoughtseize, duress, Hexmage, Swamp, Forest, Depths. I open with Thoughtseize and see Omniscience, Griselbrand, Show & tell, Ponder, Island, Volcanic & Tomb. I take the Show. On his turn he ponders, shuffles and draws. T2 (draw second depths) again I TS and see a brainstorm and the known cards. I take the Omni. I play the Depths. He Brainstorms on his turn, ponders (again!!), shuffles & draws. T3 play duress and see ponder, tomb, grisel, island, petal. I take the petal to keep him of 4 mana. He draws, ponders, shuffle & draws. T4 (draw hexmage). He draws, show & tell into sneak and Grisel, draws 14, petal & Emmie. G2 (mull to 5) I kill him T3. G3 I kill him with hexmage and Spirit guides beats. 1-1

R3 against UW Ctrl (lost die roll)
    G1 (mull to 6) he has all the answers to everything I do. G2 (mull to 6) I kill him T3. G3 the same. 2-1

R4 against Burn (lost die roll)
    G1 (mull to 6) and kill him when I'm at 3 life. G2 (mull to 5) I die before I can assemble the combo. G3 fast kill for me. 3-1

R5 against 4c Leovold (lost die roll)
    G1 (mull to 6) and a quick Leovold and TNN kill me before I can do something. G2 T6 kill. G3 he has all the answers. 3-2

R6 against RB reanimator (lost die roll)
    G1 we both mull to 6, but I manage a combo before he does. G2 T1 Sire for him. G3 I combo before him. 4-2

R7 against BUG Delver (lost die roll)
    G1 fast combo for me. G2 fast combo again. Poor guy had 2 byes and only played against 2 decks (2x 4c Leovold & 3x Turbo depths) 5-2

R8 against not-so-Turbo Depths (lost die roll)
    G1 fast combo for me. G2 hexmage beatdown. 6-2 and through to day 2!

Report on D2 will follow later.

May 2018
    Philadephia, PA

Has anyone taken the time to write up a sideboard guide for this deck? I've only just started playing Legacy and I'm not too sure what my sideboard plans should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSouth View Post
    Thanks for the videos. Did the Turbo Depths (Negator77 or DNSolver) vs. BR Reanimator (EWLandon) challenge (3-10 matches) happen yet, and if so could you link the video for that?
    Me and negator played two rounds. Thats about all I have in me for funsies matches. His blue version was definitely better vs br than the normal turbo lists. Our games and matches were close both going to 3 games with me winning both.

The new version of depths is much better vs reanimator (surprise drs and bob are good vs reani). My record vs depths went from about 26-2 to 28-5 now that drs and Bob are played in the deck.

Thank you very much to Darklingske because his interesting report. Totally agree how Thalia Heretic Cathar can be for us a big hurdle.
    Good to see how in your last game in Round 2 our "plan B" worked fine killing with our creatures .

Quote Originally Posted by drynne_ View Post
    Has anyone taken the time to write up a sideboard guide for this deck? I've only just started playing Legacy and I'm not too sure what my sideboard plans should be.
    This is solnox's guide from a while ago.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by drynne_ View Post
    This is like the most requested comment but no one has ever messaged me a sb strategy that I could just copy and paste to the primer. We used to have one but it was outdated.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Mar 2013
    Philippines

Re: [DTB] Turbo Depths

I just want to share my tournament results yesterday - 30 players, 5 round swiss.

Round 1 vs Grixis Delver (2-0)
    Game 1: I had the combo and Crop Rotation for Sejiri Steppe as he had a flip Delver in play.
    Game 2: Turn 1 Pithing Needle. Able to combo eventually and killed his flip Delver with Abrupt Decay for the lethal attack after.

Round 2 vs BR(G) Reanimator (2-0)
    Game 1: I played first. I had a Crop rotation and ESG in my opening hand which disrupted his turn 1 Reanimate for Griselbrand. He was able to Animate Dead a Tidespout Tyrant eventualy with 2 cards in hand (Chancellor of the Annex) which I already knew from a Cabal Therapy. On my turn a Sylvan Scrying for a Sejiri and won.
    Game 2: I had a Leyline of the Void in my opening hand and an early combo. After the match, he said he did not board in his Reverent Silence as he was not expecting I had a Leyline.

Round 3 vs Belcher (2-0)
    Game 1: I played first. I had a turn 1 Pithing needle for Belcher since I know what he was playing. But on his turn 1 he created 12 goblin tokens. I top deck an ESG on my turn 2 with a Crop Rotation in my hand already. Played my second land and a Vampire Hexmage. He attack, block 1 goblin with the Hexmage and then fetch Dark Depths end of his turn. Attack him with Marit Lage on my third turn.
    Game 2: On his turn 1, he created 12 goblin tokens again. Lucky for me I had a Lotus Petal and Golgari Charm in my opening hand. Killed his tokens on my first turn. I actually beat him here by just attacking with 2 Vampire Hexmage and a Dryad Arbor. Just controlled his hand with Thoughtseize and Cabal Therapy's as I did not find anything to fetch for Dark Depths.

Round 4 ID with BUG Delver

Round 5 got paired down to Grixis Delver (1-2)
    Game 1: I was down to four life and got psyched that if I cracked my Verdant Catacomb he might had a bolt in hand and I will lose. So I Ghost Quarted my Verdant to fetch for a Forest and was supposed to Crop Rotation for Sejiri Steppe since he had a flip delver to block my Marit Lage. Sad thing he Spell Pierce my Crop Rotation and I only had 1 mana open. I died to his Deathrite Shaman activation and found out after that he had no bolt in hand.
    Game 2: I had a Pithing Needle turn 1 for Wasteland. Combo a few turns later.
    Game 3: He had a turn 1 Delver then another Delver on his second turn. His Delver killed me while I'm hoping to find my combo.

Ended 6th seed after swiss.

QF vs Czech Pile (2-0)
    Game 1: I was down to 9 when I combo for the win.
    Game 2: I was playing safe as I expected he has more Diabolic Edict. I combo later on, with a Verdant Catacomb in play. He Surgical my Dark Depths and Edict me after I pull off the combo during his EOT. I fetch for my Dryad Arbor for his Edict and won after.

SF vs the same opponent in Round 1 (2-0)
    Game 1: He mull to 5. And only got a Wasteland for his land. I eventually fetch Ghost Quarter to destroy his Wasteland and then combo after.
    Game 2: I had a Cabal Therapy turn 1 for Diabolic Edict but had none in his hand. I eventually pull off the combo but he had 2 flip Delvers in play. His Delver blocks while he was looking for Diabolic Edict but I had a Verdant Catacomb already in play. He did not find his Edict and I won.

Finals vs Goblins (2-1)
    Game 1: Not able to pull off the combo and lost to his goblins.
    Game 2: On his turn 3, He had 2 Mountains and a Wasteland and Vial with 2 Counters in play. I had 2 Bayou and a Thespian Stage. He decided to cast his Blood Moon but I had my Krosan Grip in my hand. On my turn 4, I play Dark Depths and comes Marit Lage. Good thing he had no Stingscourger in hand and I won after.
    Game 3: I had a turn 2 Marit Lage. Bayou + Dark Depths + Crop Rotation for Urborg + Vampire Hexmage. He extend his hand after he draw his card for his 3rd turn.

Top 8 decks:
    QF:
    BUG Delver vs Goblins (W)
    Belcher vs Grixis Delver (Team Budget) (W)
    Grixis Delver vs Grixis Delver (Team Budget) (W)
    Czech Pile (Team Budget) vs Turbo Depths (Team Budget) (W)

SF:
    Grixis Delver vs Goblins (W)
    Grixis Delver vs Turbo Depths (W)

F:
    Goblins vs Turbo Depths (Champion)

Decklist:
    (http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19247&f=LE)
    Last edited by downtoonelife; 05-21-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information