Page 117 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Did anyone tryed spoils of the vault in the turbo build with some dark ritual ?

EDIT : I have just done some testing and it is too much gambeling
    Last edited by adrieng; 01-19-2018 at 02:25 PM.

We don't need more tutors in this deck, especially unreliable tutors.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Did anyone tryed spoils of the vault in the turbo build with some dark ritual ?

EDIT : I have just done some testing and it is too much gambeling
    Probably have spent a few hours trying to figure out a way to make it work in this deck or a mono black deck as this card is crazy powerful. Unless want high chance of just dying on the spot would have to add tons of cards to support it and even then it would stink. I was trying to work it with stuff like serum powder, lim-dul's vault, etc. With the blue cantrips would be better. i actually forgot about sylvan library and mirri's guile, maybe that could support 1 of.

Felt like switching back to Depths after a few months break with various Griselbrand decks.

Got a pretty easy 5-0 10-0 today with close to my typical list, with 4 Spheres over 4 Mindbreaks and 1 Dryad Arbor main over the 4th Lotus Petal. Spheres were relevant against ANT, the Dryad Arbor being a land was good, but awkward to draw... Never used it as Edict fodder.

R1: ANT 2-0
    R2: Eldrazi (Sorcerous Spyglass) 2-0
    R3: UWr Stoneblade 2-0
    R4: Dredge 2-0
    R5: Dredge 2-0

Kinda a feelbad for those two dredge players, I imagine.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

-2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Felt like switching back to Depths after a few months break with various Griselbrand decks.

Got a pretty easy 5-0 10-0 today with close to my typical list, with 4 Spheres over 4 Mindbreaks and 1 Dryad Arbor main over the 4th Lotus Petal. Spheres were relevant against ANT, the Dryad Arbor being a land was good, but awkward to draw... Never used it as Edict fodder.

R1: ANT 2-0
    R2: Eldrazi (Sorcerous Spyglass) 2-0
    R3: UWr Stoneblade 2-0
    R4: Dredge 2-0
    R5: Dredge 2-0

Kinda a feelbad for those two dredge players, I imagine.
    Is the arbor worth the spot in the main?

I think so. I board out some / all of the fast mana a lot. I feel like the flexibility afforded by having access to Dryad Arbor postboard when they will have Edicts is worthwhile.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Does Factory make more sense than Arbor? Not tapping for G or coming in from fetch is more awkward, but it does get to tap first turn, albeit for <>, and can choose when it's a creature. Randomly having stage copies as a backup plan are nice too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was just playing against Miracles and copied Azcanta, The Sunken Ruin and a basic Island with two Thespian's Stages and started impulsing...

Did you win that game?

Or, did you "win" that game...?

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post
    Does Factory make more sense than Arbor? Not tapping for G or coming in from fetch is more awkward, but it does get to tap first turn, albeit for <>, and can choose when it's a creature. Randomly having stage copies as a backup plan are nice too.

FWIW, I played a pretty decent # of matches with Factory a few months back and attacking successfully with Factory as a backup plan happened exactly twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    FWIW, I played a pretty decent # of matches with Factory a few months back and attacking successfully with Factory as a backup plan happened exactly twice.
    I've been playing Factory as well and while attacking comes up rarely it does make a pretty good blocker too.

Jumped online tonight and got another 5-0 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM makes me tied for first

R1: Sneak and Show 2-0
    R2: Lands 2-0 (opponent mulliganed pretty hard G2)
    R3: Mono Red Sneak Attack 2-1 (opponent mulliganed pretty hard G1)
    R4: Sneak and Show 2-1 (got Blood Moon'd G2, opponent had Leyline of Sanctity G3 but didn't have anything before my turn 3 combo off of Spirit Guide)
    R5: Dredge 2-0 (I even mis-sideboarded thinking I was against Storm this round because I just saw Probe and 2 LEDs G1...)

I still haven't played an edict matchup, so I haven't tested out the Dryad Arbor yet. This is the first league I played since my last 5-0 I posted.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post

One small difference actually came up in a match tonight... I won a game vs delver by getting an arbor in play to activate stage (board of stage, arbor, depths, artifact mana). They actually flipped edict on a delver trigger that turn, so it was relevant. I would have needed to draw another mana source to beat that with Factory in that spot. Fetching into it EOT is pretty easy in this type of spot. Needing to tutor for factory is also a fairly big downside vs some number of uncounterable fetches to find the answer when you need it.

I've been on the factory train for a while, but I've come around on arbor. Basically upside of verdant catacombs fetchable edict outlet + makes green mana offsets summoning sickness + being worse blocker

Hey DNSolver what’s your current sideboard look like?

Current sideboard for the last 5-0:

4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Sylvan Library
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karakas
    2 Surgical Extraction

I started doing the split of Thorn/Sphere because:

1) The main reason is to protect from Cabal Therapy
    2) We aren't bringing in this effect against any decks with creatures, so Thorn vs Sphere doesn't matter for the opponent
    3) Sphere actually taxes Hexmage, which is awkward sometimes when you can go turn 1 Sphere but then can't play turn 2 Hexmage, have to wait until you have another mana source on turn 3 or later...

That’s interesting thanks for the input. It looks like you also aren’t hedging a library main, any particular reason?

Jan 2014
    Spain

How do you sideboard with this deck? sometimes i feel blind

is there a sb guide or something to help me? im using DNSolver last maindeck and a sideboard with 4 spheres (should we board in vs elves on the play)

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkid View Post
    sideboard with 4 spheres (should we board in vs elves on the play)
    For what it's worth I find Elves a pretty good matchup for us and boarding in Spheres isn't where we want to be since all it does is slow us down. While it's true that is can prevent some early Glimpse chains, Elves is way better than us at generating mana so the longer the game goes on the worse it is for us. I'd rather just make the combo as fast as possible and fly over them.

Jan 2014
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    For what it's worth I find Elves a pretty good matchup for us and boarding in Spheres isn't where we want to be since all it does is slow us down. While it's true that is can prevent some early Glimpse chains, Elves is way better than us at generating mana so the longer the game goes on the worse it is for us. I'd rather just make the combo as fast as possible and fly over them.
    Okay, makes sense, it will be awesome to check sideboard guides even if they are "old" just to get an idea about sb, sometimes i side out the safekeepers and then i miss them so much xD

Thread Information