Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [DTB] Dark Depths

if anyone else wants to actively discuss depths list, the lands discord has a depths channel
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    if anyone else wants to actively discuss depths list, the lands discord has a depths channel
    How can I join?

https://discordapp.com/invite/jthKsC5

this should still work.
    Solnox on MTGO

Someone pointed out this card from the Dominaria leak out over in the MTGLegacy subreddit:

(Spoilers, obviously.)

Damping Sphere

Artifact

If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces C instead of any other type and amount.

Each spell a player casts costs 1 more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.
    Looks like a great replacement for Sphere/Thorn?

Quote Originally Posted by p01ng View Post
    I think so! It is also great against Red Stompy, Eldrazi and other City of Traitor/Ancient Tomb decks.

Quote Originally Posted by p01ng View Post
    Someone pointed out this card from the Dominaria leak out over in the MTGLegacy subreddit:

(Spoilers, obviously.)

Damping sphere seems so good for turbo depths! Gaea's cradle tapping for one seems pretty good lol

the sphere looks worth testing. lock rocks are always worth trying
    Solnox on MTGO

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    the sphere looks worth testing. lock rocks are always worth trying
    I think it will end up being a sb slot. Turbo depths being a land based combo bodes well with damping sphere imho

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Hey guys, this is my list:

Lands:
    2x Bayou
    1x Llanowar Wastes
    1x Snow-Covered Forest
    1x Snow-Covered Swamp
    1x Ghost Quarter
    1x Sejiri Steppe
    4x Dark Depths
    4x Thespian's Stage
    3x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Bojuka Bog

Creatures;
    4x Vampire Hexmage
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    2x Sylvan Safekeeper

Others:
    3x Pithing Needle
    4x Lotus Petal
    2x Sylvan Library
    4x Crop Rotation
    2x Duress
    2x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Thoughtseize
    4x Sylvan Scrying

My SB is a bit all over since MTGO's meta is all over:
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    2x Ground Seal
    1x Steely Resolve
    1x Choke
    1x Primeval Titan
    2x Abrupt Decay
    2x Toxic Deluge
    1x Karakas
    2x Sphere of Resistance

Thoughts?
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Oct 2017
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    Hey guys, this is my list:
    Hymn doesn't give you information nor hit relevant interaction from a decent sized hand with any consistency, not sure why you'd play it. Name of the game is not card advantage but bash you with Marit Lage ASAP after you have no answers if you ever had any.

Why Leyline of Sanctity? It's fairly useless vs Storm who's bringing every bounce effect they have for the matchup anyway, you can't brainstorm extra copies away, and if you want protection from turn 1 decks you're better off running some split of Surgical Extraction and Mindbreak Trap. Burn is a bye and you don't care about Cabal Therapy a decent amount of the time. Fetch Dryad Arbor and hardcast ESG in addition to Safekeepers are all the edict protection you need.

When and how were you planning to resolve Primetime?

Choke seems redundant since DRS+cantrips.dec are already among our best matchups.

1-of Steely Resolve seems unnecessary given you have no way to tutor for it or card selection besides 2 Libraries, just run 3 Safekeepers.

Deluge is fine if you're facing lots of DNT, but I'd run 4 Decays/3 Decays 1 Krosan Grip if you ever want to win through a Blood Moon.

what are the leylines for?

Prime time seems super slow in any Matchup you play it in.

choke doesnt do enough even vs miracles

Steely Resolve is hot garbage and you're better off with safekeeper

deluge being 3 mana hurts a lot vs dnt's taxing effects. try out golgari charm/marsh casualties if you want a sweeper effect

I've 5-0'd twice in the past week with the following SB

2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Rite of Consumption
    1x Marsh Casualties
    1x Library
    3x Abrupt Decay
    1x Boseiju
    1x Karakas
    1x Mishras factory
    1x Pithing Needle
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    Solnox on MTGO

a note to all who are playing snow-covered basics w/o into the north.

There's no reason to give up free information to your opponent with those lands.
    Solnox on MTGO

Has anyone extensively tested and/or have an opinion on:

1. The usefulness of Dryad Arbor? I see more and more lists dropping it, but I was under the impression that it was a good hedge against edict effects. Is it purely a meta call? Or is it just bad? I hate top decking it for sure. Maybe a sideboard slot?

2. Sylvan library. The old paradigm was likely 3 in the sideboard, now some lists are 1:1 splits.

3. 3rd Exp map vs 4th lotus petal? Again, is it a speed vs consistency thing?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Jun 2016
    Spain

Any opinions on this weekend's 9th place deck from SCG Open: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/972116#paper?

I can kind of get behind the maindeck Dark Confidants, but... Rancor? Really?? Did he win any games with Vampire Hexmage beats with Rancor? That kind of blew my mind.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Doneval View Post
    Any opinions on this weekend's 9th place deck from SCG Open: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/972116#paper?

I can kind of get behind the maindeck Dark Confidants, but... Rancor? Really?? Did he win any games with Vampire Hexmage beats with Rancor? That kind of blew my mind.
    I think Rancor was to go over flyers
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Jun 2016
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    I think Rancor was to go over flyers
    Oooh, I see! OK, I like it much better then. Because it can help with the single-turn kill to avoid an edict, but it also helps with the Vampire beatdown plan. Interesting! I'm still not sure I'd cut a map for it though.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jolssoni View Post
    Hymn doesn't give you information nor hit relevant interaction from a decent sized hand with any consistency, not sure why you'd play it. Name of the game is not card advantage but bash you with Marit Lage ASAP after you have no answers if you ever had any.

Why Leyline of Sanctity? It's fairly useless vs Storm who's bringing every bounce effect they have for the matchup anyway, you can't brainstorm extra copies away, and if you want protection from turn 1 decks you're better off running some split of Surgical Extraction and Mindbreak Trap. Burn is a bye and you don't care about Cabal Therapy a decent amount of the time. Fetch Dryad Arbor and hardcast ESG in addition to Safekeepers are all the edict protection you need.

When and how were you planning to resolve Primetime?

Choke seems redundant since DRS+cantrips.dec are already among our best matchups.

1-of Steely Resolve seems unnecessary given you have no way to tutor for it or card selection besides 2 Libraries, just run 3 Safekeepers.

Deluge is fine if you're facing lots of DNT, but I'd run 4 Decays/3 Decays 1 Krosan Grip if you ever want to win through a Blood Moon.

I just liked that Hymn could hit problem lands, if ever it came up.

I sniped the important cards in their hands with TS or Duress and rip the rest apart with Hymn but I can understand what you mean.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

5-0ed with 74/75 solnox's list, except golgari charm over marsh casualties. I think we did it.

Any advice for sideboarding against Spiral Tides deck?
    Yesterday I was confronting it with bad results. In fact it plays ethernal turns using and re-using (playing Time Spirak) almost all the deck. Even I had created the ML token fast at the start of one of his turns but during this same turn he filtered all his deck and sideboard (using the blue wish) until find the proper card to unsummon ML.

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX1A mediante Tapatalk

Nov 2010
    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    5-0ed with 74/75 solnox's list, except golgari charm over marsh casualties. I think we did it.
    You're talking about the list with Rite of Consumption, right? Is there a reason to play Boseiju and Rite of Consumption other than Miracles? I know you're preparing for the GP in Kyoto. If you take a look at the deck database on Hareruya (minus the MTGO data), does Miracles seem like enough of the Japanese metagame for you to want to devote slots to it? It might be a bit of a deviation in terms of playing an optimal deck, but since it's a team event I'm just planning to depend on my teammates if I run into white decks since Death and Taxes is in a bad spot at the moment and Miracles doesn't seem to be a huge part of the meta. Honestly, I'm more afraid of running into Depths mirrors or Lands.

Thread Information