Page 147 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Re: [DTB] Turbo Depths

Guested on Phil Gallagher's stream tonight. We ran my Bug Depths list. Anyone that is interested can see the matches here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/326980919

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    Guested on Phil Gallagher's stream tonight. We ran my Bug Depths list. Anyone that is interested can see the matches here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/326980919
    The stream was very very good, had fun and learned a lot, I spammed in the chat a little bit but thats ok I think.
    I have to say, even if im very biased because I play the deck too, that this deck is awesome. Going 5-0 at the first try, even if Phil was tutored by you (but Phil was on the right track most of the time because hes really good at the game), its impressive.
    The deck feels like it have plays vs pretty much everything you can face, have those fast starts/free wins kinda of hands but going for the slow guranteed kill is more likely and almost always the correct line to take.
    I know, I know, brainstorms are awkward at first, mana base looks weird, it could take some reps to get used, I still have a lot to learn, but the results im getting are really positive.
    The general consensus says that Depths is bad placed now, we are down to 2% of the meta share. I think its wrong, deck is super underplayed for no reason, DnT are lower in numbers now, way lower than just after the bans, Moon Stompy is almost extinct, StP.decks are still a pain to play against and 4C Loam is growing, but we have the tools to fight them and we have a big piece of the cake thats favourable (Grixis Control, Eldrazi and Delver decks).

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexPants View Post

This card is not good for us or basically all of combo in legacy. In Shadow, Grixis control, or delver it seems like bad news unless we can combo asap.
    If this really becomes and issue I see the deck pivoting to a living wish version.

Also, im not sure who was talking about it but if you start considering gsz the next logical though is the inclusion of knight of the reliquary. Imo shes way better than bob. If she sticks im pretty sure you win. She tutors for all of you land answers like quarter, wasteland, maze, and steppe or she just swings for lethal. She has interesting interactions with maze and she doesnt get karakas’d. She was basically printed for this deck.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    She was basically printed for this deck.
    This deck aims to kill by attacking for 20 on turn 3. Knight is a 3 mana off-color creature with summoning sickness who loves huge graveyards. It was literally not printed for this deck.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    This deck aims to kill by attacking for 20 on turn 3. Knight is a 3 mana off-color creature with summoning sickness who loves huge graveyards. It was literally not printed for this deck.
    I agree. Bob supports the plan by distracting removal and drawing extra cards, something this deck can use, without any commitment beyond a low curve (which this deck already has.) Knight of the Reliquary requires a support structure that completely changes the functionality of the deck. There's a reason Aggro Loam only plays 1x Stage/Depths and no Hexmages. It's all they can fit in there once the synergy is established.

I've moved over to a maindeck discard suite of 3x Thoughtseize/3x Cabal Therapy/2x Duress, and I've been very happy with it. The games where I draw into Therapies have been much better than games without. I may be a little biased due to my love of Therapy, but Turbo Depths is already a combo deck that rewards format knowledge. Therapy is a fairly logical inclusion.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

If this really becomes and issue I see the deck pivoting to a living wish version.

Also, im not sure who was talking about it but if you start considering gsz the next logical though is the inclusion of knight of the reliquary. Imo shes way better than bob. If she sticks im pretty sure you win. She tutors for all of you land answers like quarter, wasteland, maze, and steppe or she just swings for lethal. She has interesting interactions with maze and she doesnt get karakas’d. She was basically printed for this deck.
    Knight would lead more towards a slightly slower Junk Depths kind of list. Could even have Solemnity as a 1 or 2 of at that point for resiliency. But losing the Turbo speed is a big downside.

I agree. Bob supports the plan by distracting removal and drawing extra cards, something this deck can use, without any commitment beyond a low curve (which this deck already has.) Knight of the Reliquary requires a support structure that completely changes the functionality of the deck. There's a reason Aggro Loam only plays 1x Stage/Depths and no Hexmages. It's all they can fit in there once the synergy is established.

I've moved over to a maindeck discard suite of 3x Thoughtseize/3x Cabal Therapy/2x Duress, and I've been very happy with it. The games where I draw into Therapies have been much better than games without. I may be a little biased due to my love of Therapy, but Turbo Depths is already a combo deck that rewards format knowledge. Therapy is a fairly logical inclusion.
    Most Loam players actually don't even run 1x Depths/Stage anymore. Knight is often a 2 turn clock on its own anyway.
    Last edited by hovercraft; 10-25-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Loam/Ice Station Zebra/Depths/Jund/GB Pox

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    I only suggested the inclusion of knight IF you were already sold on running green suns zenith. So if you are running 3x gsz you should have 1-2 knights. The only reason I brouht it up was because other people had mentioned gsz.

Also, you may aim for that goal of t2 token but expect to miss it alot. Warping the deck expecting to increase that specific window a miniscule amount will ultimately sacrifice overall win %. Look at belcher for example.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Did anyone tryied dark tutelage it is a dark confidant who doesn't get hit by removals and it is better than phyrexian arena in our deck total casting cost of the cards <60 and easier to hardcast.

I am testing it instead of the 4 off sylvan library in my list.

EDIT : i tested the card and it is too slow i prefer keeping the library for now.
    Last edited by adrieng; 10-28-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Bob baits removal though and protects from Edict. Two vs. three mana makes a huge difference as well in these decks.

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Did anyone tryied dark tutelage it is a dark confidant who doesn't get hit by removals and it is better than phyrexian arena in our deck total casting cost of the cards <60 and easier to hardcast.

I am testing it instead of the 4 off sylvan library in my list
    3 CMC. Thats not happening on my draw engine.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Mar 2013
    Philippines

I Top 8 today in a small tournament. Played this list below:

3 Elvish Spirit Guide
    3 Lotus Petal

3 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage

2 Expedition Map
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Sylvan Scrying

2 Assassin's Tropy

4 Thoughtseize
    4 Duress

4 Pithing Needle

3 Verdant Catacomb
    4 Thespian Stage
    3 Urborg, TOmb of Yawgmoth
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Swamp
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Sejiri, Steppe
    1 Karakas

Sideboard:
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Golgari Charm
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Rite of Consumption
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Damping Sphere
    1 Ramunap Excavator

R1 2-0 vs Miracles
    R2 0-2 vs Infect
    R3 2-0 vs Maverick
    R4 2-1 vs Goblins
    R5 1-2 vs Grixis Control
    QF 1-2 vs Infect (Same player R2)

Next event I'll splash 1 blue dual and 3 Flusterstorm in the Sb. Flusterstorm would really help vs combo and control match up.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I really have to spell it out for yall. Knight is a reusable manaless crop rotation on a creature. Not only does she bait removal she also protects herself. She can even tutor for dryad arbor so you dont have to worry about sacrificing her to edict. She also doesnt cost you life each turn. Oh and you cant green suns zenith for bob....I'm not denying that two vs three mana makes a difference but jesus christ listen to what I'm saying. If you are already playing green suns zenith, just add 1-2 knights, its a no brainer.
    Not sure why you are quoting me.

I have been testing out a grindy list with Bob recently. Currently I have about a 62% win rate with the deck, which is decent. However, I just finished up a league with it, and got crushed, 1-4.

R1: Miracles 0-2
    R2: Miracles 1-2
    R3: Lands 1-2
    R4: Eldrazi post 2-0
    R5: RUG Delver 1-2

I don't know if I am having a bad day, but the deck felt really bad with these match ups. Basically if I could stick a Bob, I would win. If Bob didn't stick, I just lost. I am thinking about going back to full turbo depths. I'll check out your stream Negator.

As a side note, I was testing out GSZ (x2), and was debating KotR. However, my main issue was that I would have to warp the mana base a bit more to play her. I didn't like the concept of getting her stranded in my hand. But yes, I did consider her as a potential back up plan.

@Negator

How do you feel the BUG match up is against Miracles is? I enjoyed the stream, but notice that there is no main deck protection for merit with safe keeper or NoTW. It feels like any deck playing swords is just horrible for you.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

@Negator

How do you feel the BUG match up is against Miracles is? I enjoyed the stream, but notice that there is no main deck protection for merit with safe keeper or NoTW. It feels like any deck playing swords is just horrible for you.
    It has 8 discard spells and the usual crop/steppe line for game 1 protection (sometimes Stifle or Bog for Snap/Plow). Post board Extractions to either remove plows, mess with protective brainstorms, and counter Snapcasters help a lot. Flusterstorm is also pure gasoline in the mu. I feel like a slight dog game one and am very comfortable in the mu post board.

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    It has 8 discard spells and the usual crop/steppe line for game 1 protection (sometimes Stifle or Bog for Snap/Plow). Post board Extractions to either remove plows, mess with protective brainstorms, and counter Snapcasters help a lot. Flusterstorm is also pure gasoline in the mu. I feel like a slight dog game one and am very comfortable in the mu post board.
    After seeing your stream I am debating your list for EW. Also considering Solnox's here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1428969#online

I think my list may have gone too far off into grindy territory and I need to move it back a bit.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

After seeing your stream I am debating your list for EW. Also considering Solnox's here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1428969#online

I think my list may have gone too far off into grindy territory and I need to move it back a bit.
    Gotcha. You should join the Lands Discord channel if you aren't already there (Depths has its own spot on the Lands Discord). Solnox and I (among others) are working on lists there. It's just a much faster way to bounce things off of each other including game states, mull decisions, etc.

Would love to join. I haven’t used discord much at all, so I would need a bit of help finding my way there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's a lot of useless banter on discord compared to on here. you just need to weed thru it.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Dredge seems to be sneaking into the format again; I did a bunch of test games with a friend at the LGS. The matchup seems very good for Depths, honestly. They can get the nuts and win t2, but more often they are t3-4. It really just reinforces the need for maindeck Bog. I think much of the format will struggle with Surgical Extraction as their only outs, but not Depths. I feel very comfortable in the matchup, and I hope it drives change into the format to make it a little more soft to Depths.

Anyone else seeing an uptick of Dredge, maybe on MagicOnline?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information