Page 57 of 166 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Enjoyed watching the video's. Good result and good showing of what the deck is capable of. I'm not sure if the Burn player saw that turn 2 play coming. Very entertaining and educational as well. Some matches stood out for me in terms of interaction, such as the Death and Taxes match.

Round 3 against Dark Mav, pretty interesting that you mulled:

AD
    Thesian's Stage
    Thoughtseize
    Urborg
    AD
    Spirit Guide
    Swamp

One combo piece, discard, removal. You said that you mulled it because it has no combo pieces but it had a Stage.

Round 5 against Burn with the Thespian x2, Crop, Elf x2, Vamp, Thoughtseize was def a sneaky turn 3 win hand. I would've fallen into the trap of crop rotate into Urborg to cast the discard and then Hexmage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I found that round 3 mull somewhat questionable, but everything else was on point. Well played.

What are everyone's current thoughts on into the north vs. expedition map? The former has enabled so many turn 2 wins for me, but I can see the merits of the latter on non-G manasource hands

I acknowledge that the R3G1 7-card hand was probably a keep.

Recorded another league, just going to post a link to my twitch because then I don't need to re-upload it to Youtube or anything. You might need to suffer through some in-between match time.

https://www.twitch.tv/dnsolver/videos/all

Edit: Twitch made it very easy for me to upload my whole league to Youtube, so I will be doing this in the future. Time markings for each round are in the description of the video.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

I've gone 4-1 twice over the last week. Hope I don't run into you.

New vid is completely savage. Hopefully you will run into some Shardless BUG or Sneak and Show next time - these are matchups I'd like to see .

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I acknowledge that the R3G1 7-card hand was probably a keep.

Recorded another league, just going to post a link to my twitch because then I don't need to re-upload it to Youtube or anything. You might need to suffer through some in-between match time.

https://www.twitch.tv/dnsolver/videos/all

Edit: Twitch made it very easy for me to upload my whole league to Youtube, so I will be doing this in the future. Time markings for each round are in the description of the video.
    DNSolver, I just checked out your stream, really nice list. I just subscribed as I read/watch more Legacy than I have time to play. Keep up the good work.

Happy holidays guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was bored last night so I bought the rest of this deck on mtgo. It was a ton of fun and I was smiling ear to ear making 20/20's. I played 5 matches and was done in a little over an hour :). Went 5-0 in the league, no special list just the same 75 that won NA Legacy Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    I was bored last night so I bought the rest of this deck on mtgo. It was a ton of fun and I was smiling ear to ear making 20/20's. I played 5 matches and was done in a little over an hour :). Went 5-0 in the league, no special list just the same 75 that won NA Legacy Champs.
    Congrats! I had been getting sad seeing the turbo depths numbers drop on MTGGoldfish. Glad to see they are going up.

For the life of me I cannot 5-0 a league.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexPants View Post
    Congrats! I had been getting sad seeing the turbo depths numbers drop on MTGGoldfish. Glad to see they are going up.

For the life of me I cannot 5-0 a league.

You will get there. MTGO legacy leagues can be pretty tough at times and variance is always a thing. I finished my first league in a while (been mainly playing in the community league and dabbling in vintage with Depths of course recently) and went 5-0, so add that should also be added to the goldfish count sometime in the next couple of days. One of my matches against BR Reanimator was streamed with our own DNSolver making a guest appearance on the opponents stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/originaloestrus/v/109271504 The match starts at about the 48:50 mark.

I think its time we have a "how many 5-0s can you do in a month" challenge. I'm getting super close.

Last 6 leagues

4-1
    4-1
    4-1
    3-2
    4-1
    3-2

Fuck random blood moon decks

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    I think its time we have a "how many 5-0s can you do in a month" challenge. I'm getting super close.

Last 6 leagues

4-1
    4-1
    4-1
    3-2
    4-1
    3-2

Fuck random blood moon decks
    I don't play in enough leagues anymore to take you up on that challenge, but opening tonight's treasure chests on a whim could inspire more league play. I luck sacked into two masterpieces including the gorgeous Aether Vial, Leovold Emissary of Trest, Recruiter of the Guard, 2 extra packs, and some other decent stuff.

Heh. I need to start grinding the league more as I've rapidly blown through about 900 playpoints on the cube.
    I need to stop forcing storm in the vintage cube even through it's so fun (and terrible).

I'm starting to think that the deck would be better served with a 2-2 Into/Map split over 3 Into or Map/1 library. While library is useful for drawing a critical mass of disruption to punch through the combo, a stronger emphasis on secondary land tutors helps push the decks linearity. I will test this out at China's largest legacy event in two weeks time.

I tend to agree, Library feels a little out of place. It may be better in the side, and replace the main slot with Map or other tutor.

I think the deck would be best to operate like Dredge, try for an uninteractive game 1 then bring in countermeasures. I don't think our game 1 percentage is that high, but could be a mindset with this Turbo version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I'm not so sure about that re: low Game 1 %. Even in metas where people are aware of the deck, I've been clocking outrageous game 1 win %s against everything but shardless and blood moon decks.

As for the league challenge, another 4-1 league result AGAIN losing to shardless in the turn 3 "does he have wasteland or liliana vs. triple combo lands" gambit. (He had Lily).

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    I'm not so sure about that re: low Game 1 %. Even in metas where people are aware of the deck, I've been clocking outrageous game 1 win %s against everything but shardless and blood moon decks.

As for the league challenge, another 4-1 league result AGAIN losing to shardless in the turn 3 "does he have wasteland or liliana vs. triple combo lands" gambit. (He had Lily).
    i think the assumption should be that they have liliana instead of wasteland. They "generally" run more lilianas than wastelands. Also, its better to assume liliana anyways because if you assume wasteland and make the token early and they have liliana you lose two lands (if making it with stage / depths). Assuming liliana and guessing wrong they only get 1 land with wasteland.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Yeah, I'm starting to see the merits of that line of play.

Lines of play assuming no protection/discard vs Wasteland decks:

* Delver Decks - Run out Marit Lage on your turn (Yes Wasteland, No on the rest)
    * Shardless - Eot Marit Lage on their turn
    * Eldrazi - Run out Marit Lage on your turn (More Wastelands than Karakas)
    * Lands - Basically can't go for it if they have G up
    * Merfolk - Run out Marit Lage on your turn (Yes Wasteland, No on the rest)

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Vs Shardless it depends how much mana they have access to. If they're able to cast Jace as well as Liliana, make the token eot. If they can only cast Lili, play around Wasteland. It's rare to see more than 2 Lili in decks these days, and it's usually 3 or 4 Wastelands.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

I have run into BUG delver that runs Lilly, Cruel Edict and Wastes. I would watch out for that.

Thread Information