Page 96 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

^ are you the guy who always has Gideon of the Trials in Bant Deathblade?
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    ^ are you the guy who always has Gideon of the Trials in Bant Deathblade?
    guilty

I remember b/c we had a pretty insane game of DnT vs blade where you had 4 x tnn with bskull and I had mirran crusader, bskull and sofi
    Solnox on MTGO

Does anyone play Dark Confidants here as a replacement for Elvish Spirit Guide? I am playing Confidant build for a month with some success. Matchups like Death and Taxes are much better but delvers MUs got worse. What is your experience?

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    Does anyone play Dark Confidants here as a replacement for Elvish Spirit Guide? I am playing Confidant build for a month with some success. Matchups like Death and Taxes are much better but delvers MUs got worse. What is your experience?
    I switched to DC, I really like it. Really speeds up the deck/makes questionable hands much better. There were many times where I had half the combo, a tutor, and confidant, and confidant just drew me the other combo piece so I could use my tutors for something else.

Although I am debating on cramming ESG back in with confidant. In the tourney I played at the life loss didn't matter at all, since as a fast combo deck you want to get in there. The only thing that really targets my Lage in my meta is Karakas, so I think I want to bank on my 4 needles for that, and move Safekeeper to the side, for testing at least.

I also was thinking about 4 Sylvan Library instead of Condiant, only because it digs deeper, but the body comes in handy.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

If you're playing Dark Confidants I hope you're also playing Not of This World for extra thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I switched to DC, I really like it. Really speeds up the deck/makes questionable hands much better. There were many times where I had half the combo, a tutor, and confidant, and confidant just drew me the other combo piece so I could use my tutors for something else.

Although I am debating on cramming ESG back in with confidant. In the tourney I played at the life loss didn't matter at all, since as a fast combo deck you want to get in there. The only thing that really targets my Lage in my meta is Karakas, so I think I want to bank on my 4 needles for that, and move Safekeeper to the side, for testing at least.

I also was thinking about 4 Sylvan Library instead of Condiant, only because it digs deeper, but the body comes in handy.
    There are very few Storm combo decks in my paper meta thus I can focus on beating GY based decks consistently and don't need to play Sphere/Mindbreak Trap. I like 2 Sylvan Libraries SB even though it might be overkill. I like them especially against DnT, where I can jam two Confidants and Sylvan Library and bury them in card advantage for very little pain.

I do not like Expedition Map here without ESG. Spending 3 mana to get a land is a lot (one tun to play and one turn to activate). Do you play an Expedition Map with DC? On my next tournament, I will replace Maps with Gitaxian Probes. I lost too many games to Diabolic Edict (either playing around it or getting Marit Lage killed by it).

4x Dark Depths
    4x Thespian Stage
    4x Uborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Verdant Catacomb
    2x Bayou
    1x Llanowar Wastes (budget reasons)
    1x Wasteland
    1x Sejirri Steppe
    1x Swamp
    1x Forest

4x Lotus Petal
    4x Pithing Needle

4x Dark Confidant
    3x Sylvan Safekeeper
    4x Vampire Hexmage

4x Thoughtseize
    2x Inquisition of Kozilek
    2x Duress

4x Sylvan Scrying
    4x Crop Rotation
    2x Expedition Map

SB:
    3x Abrupt Decay
    1x Karakas
    1x Bojuka Bog
    2x Sylvan Library
    1x Toxic Deluge
    1x Dread of Night
    1x Maze of Ith
    3x Surgical Extraction
    1x Faerie Macabre
    1x Sphere of Resistance

Oct 2015
    Virginia

I do not like Expedition Map here without ESG. Spending 3 mana to get a land is a lot (one tun to play and one turn to activate). Do you play an Expedition Map with DC? On my next tournament, I will replace Maps with Gitaxian Probes. I lost too many games to Diabolic Edict (either playing around it or getting Marit Lage killed by it).
    I do not like Expedition map at all actually, mainly because of the 3 mana total, I prefer my turn ones to be needle, discard, or safekeeper (currently) or better yet petal and (when i cram ESG back into the deck) turn one Confidant or scrying. My turn two is (hopefully) a depths and a hexmage, if not then confidant. I have also moved away from into the north and haven't really missed it.

My list is currently
    4x Dark Depths
    4x Thespian Stage
    4x Uborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2x Verdant Catacomb
    1x Overgrown tomb
    3x Blooming Marsh
    1x Ghost Quarter
    1x Sejirri Steppe
    1x Swamp
    1x Forest
    1x Maze of Ith
    1x Bojuka Bog

4x Lotus Petal
    4x Pithing Needle

4x Dark Confidant
    3x Sylvan Safekeeper
    4x Vampire Hexmage

4x Thoughtseize
    4x Duress

4x Sylvan Scrying
    4x Crop Rotation

1x Sylvan Library

SB is currently
    4x Leyline of the Void (will probably go back to surgical)
    1x Reverent Silence (which may become Back to nature due to my low forest count)
    1x Sylvan Library
    4x Sphere of resistance
    2x Golgari Charm
    2x Abrupt Decay
    1x Karakas

For testing, I am thinking of
    MD:
    -3 Sylvan Safe Keeper
    -1 Sylvan Library

+4 Elvish Spirit Guide

SB to become
    3x Surgical Extraction
    2x Sylvan Library
    2x Abrupt Decay
    2x Golgari Charm
    1x Karakas
    1x Back to Nature
    4x Sphere of Resistance

NOTE: I do own Bayou, I know I should put it in the deck, I am trying to convince myself it's okay to play white border cards. it isn't going so well :P

EDIT: I also have this terrible idea to make a transformational sideboard, and seeing re animator depths makes me want to do like:
    4x Entomb
    4x Reanimate
    4x Chancellor of the Annex
    3x Exhume/animate dead

alternatively Grindstone combo SB and I could do something like deathmark
    Last edited by chaosjace; 07-04-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

I've tried confidant in the past but it really never did anything and turned on lightning bolts and fatal pushes that were usually dead in my opponent's hand.

ESG lets you do the most busted plays the deck is capable of.
    Solnox on MTGO

Hey DNS, I liked your Sylvan Safekeepers. Thoughts on cutting one for a Steely Resolve?

One of the many things I like about Safekeeper is that it sacrifices itself to Edict effects, allowing you to play through anything that isn't Edict + Swords (although those are usually not in the same deck) or double Edict (which is fragile to discard). So I haven't considered switching one to Resolve yet, especially because people are rather high on Edict right now and think we can't beat it.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Build a Dryad Arbor into the sideboard. Fetch+Rotate should be good enough for it.

Try the resolve out. When it's good, it's really good.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegrant View Post
    Build a Dryad Arbor into the sideboard. Fetch+Rotate should be good enough for it.

Try the resolve out. When it's good, it's really good.
    Having tried Arbor out a few different times, I would suggest also giving Mishra's Factory a try in that slot. It's been more effective in my testing even though it's not fetchable like Arbor is. Tapped or summoning sick lands are brutal beyond the mandatory ones (Bog, Steppe). Factories and Stage copies of Factories perform a lot of secondary work killing walkers and whatnot as well.

So I'm not entirely sure where this list actually belongs, and must state I'm not the creator of this list. It's the 16th place list from GP Vegas, and I believe all of the Dark Depths players might appreciate this deck.

I've played it at my LGS in our past couple events to a 3-1 finish both times. Losing only to Storm in G3 (he hid behind a defense grid while I had stifle in hand,) and Elves Game 3, just did elf-y things. I even somehow beat burn by the skin of my teeth.

Just thought I'd drop the list in this thread for discussion, it's a blast to play, especially if you're looking for a control style build.

1 Dark Depths
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian's Stage
    4 Wasteland
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Cephalid Coliseum

1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Baleful Strix
    4 Deathrite Shaman

2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Pernicious Deed

4 Brainstorm
    1 Intuition
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Force of Will
    3 Stifle

1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Life from the Loam
    1 Ponder
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    ALL THINGS

NicFit
    DarkDepths
    G/B Pox

What's playing in my headphones, you ask?
    Wizard Burial Ground
    \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker1348 View Post
    So I'm not entirely sure where this list actually belongs, and must state I'm not the creator of this list. It's the 16th place list from GP Vegas, and I believe all of the Dark Depths players might appreciate this deck.
    Definitely one of the sweetest decks around. Here is the thread you're looking for.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Just crammed ESG in the deck with confidant for testing. Only running 2 safekeeper main now, cut a needle and duress. Thinking about going to 61 cards.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD

Going to GP Kyoto, so have time to burn on legacy 8 mans this friday/Japanese legacy championship if I don't day 2 the main event.

Should I jam safekeeper depths or jump on the reanimator depths bandwagon? As for Dnsolvers list, is there a more recent sideboard +/- guide? I've been practicing limited for the GP, so a bit out of the loop.

I don't get the hype for the Reanimator Depths deck.
    Solnox on MTGO

Let's you attack from two hard to interact with combos, or straight up hard cast Grave Titan. Unfortunately means your deck can shit on you by giving only half of your two combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I get that part, I just really hate drawing the wrong halves together.
    Solnox on MTGO

Thread Information