Page 111 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Picked up this deck a couple weeks ago and have been having a blast. There's a lot more play to it than I expected, and I'm amazed at how consistent it is. I have some questions about deck construction that may have been answered earlier, so please forgive me if I'm asking something redundant.

- Have those running Ground Seal found it effective? I assume it comes in versus Lands, Czech Pile, and Reanimator. Any other matchups I'm missing? I feel like the Pile matchup is already favorable, so if those who are playing it are doing so more for Lands and Reanimator, wouldn't something like a third Surgical be more effective? Do people play Grafdigger's Cage to hit Reanimator and Storm?

- Against UWx, I've been bringing in Surgicals to either combat their Surgicals on my Depths or take all their Plows. Is that sound?

- If you play Rite of Consumption, do you bring it in against combo in order to try to kill them a turn faster? (I'm not running Spheres/Traps right now 'cuz I don't own the former and don't see a ton of Storm in my paper meta.) It's probably too slow 'cuz I imagine it'd be hard to make Marit Lage and have in the same turn.

Thanks, y'all!

[QUOTE

And well, I would gladly move one Sylvan Library maindeck... but there's already one, because I play 3 of it right now!^^
    Against combos deck in general, beeing able to search for more discard and combo piece thanks Library helps us immensely IMHO, way more than the Karakas.

.[/QUOTE]

I also play one Sylvan Library maindeck and it is a great card everytime I draw it. I am thinking about it upping to two or even three.
    I do take the Sylvan out against fast creature decks and Burn because the lifeloss is relevant.

Nov 2016
    Los Angeles, CA

Got second at fire and dice monthly. Pretty sure i punted on stream. report coming sometime in the next 24 ish hours probably

Nov 2016
    Los Angeles, CA

4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Sylvan Spirit Guide
    2 Sylvan Safekeeper

4 Sylvan Scrying
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map

4 Duress
    4 Thoughtsieze

1 Not of this World
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Pithing Needle

4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian Stage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    1 Blooming Marsh
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    3 Urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter

Sideboard
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Karakas
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Krosan Grip
    2 Surgical Extraction

Went overall 6-2 in matches played. Deck felt great and I hit a few good matchups on the way too. No sideboard thoughts as I'm sure I sided wrong in every matchup

Round 1 2-1 vs Dragon Stompy

So this I feel bad about and I definitely owe my opponent for what happened in game 3. I was 100% certain I was screwed though going into this round.

Game 1 He doesn't find a blood moon effect and I kill him on turn 4 with a 20/20
    Game 2 He finds a moon and a clock and I'm dead real fast
    Game 3 he turn twos a rabble master. I turn 3 a lage, he gone's it. Where I feel bad is that I throw my token off the table, then remembered that I had Notw in my hand after I forgot to cut it. He lets me cast it which he didn't have to do, so I owe him big for this one.

Round 2 2-0 vs Eldrazi
    Game 1 I have the nutish of turn 1 thoughtsieze, turn 2 hexmage, turn 3 scrying for depths 20/20
    Game 2 See game 1

Round 3 0-2 vs Sneak and Show
    Game 1 He pierces my duress, lands a turn 3 sneak attack. Turn 4 he sneaks a Gbrand, draws 14. Attacks with the gbrand. I stupidly make a lage to block and he plays the one of jace to bounce it so I'm dead
    Game 2 He turn shows an Emmy. I sylvan scrying a karakas that he could have forced. Get hit to two after surgicaling show and tell. Bounce the emmy then a few turns later he finds sneak, 2 red sources, and still has emmy force pierce in hand.

Round 4 2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    Game 1 I have turn one thoughtsieze, turn 2 hexmage, turn 3 depths
    Game 2 He mulls to 4, still manages to show in an emmy but I already have a lage and swing after scrying for karakas

Round 5 2-0 vs Boggles
    A friend of mine from fnm, so I know how his list works and it lets me play around some known elements.
    Game 1 I drop stage turn 1, drop depths petal turn 2. He taps out for a Kor Spiritwalker and I pitch guide to make a 20/20
    Game 2 He keeps a hand with no threat but manages to crop for a karakas. I eventually find the GQ so that I can make a 20/20 with the hexmage I cast a few turns before knowing he doesn't have swords after using surgical to see the hand.

Round 6 ID
    Top 8 ho

Made top 8 in 6th seed. The full top 8 was
    Grixis Delver
    Food Chain
    Sneak and Show
    Grixis Delver
    Esper Delver
    Turbo Depths
    RW Death and Taxes
    Lands

So I get the run back vs the sneak player I lost to in swiss

Quarterfinals vs Sneak and Show 2-0
    We get decklists in top 8, so when my opponent saw the 8 discard spells he called me an animal. I was deeply amused

Game one he keeps a hand of mana, pierce, flusterstorm and force. He plays island petal. I duress off urborg. he pierces, I cast petal and duress again, he flusters. On his turn he plays a land and another petal. I play bayou and pass. he plays tomb. I play stage and pass. Draw step I cast a crop as I drew DD for the turn sacking the bayou. He hard casts force. I play DD and he scoops.
    Game two I keep a hand of swamp, stage, duress, duress, duress, thoughtsieze, thoughtsieze. I snap it off. I draw stage, bayou and shred his hand down to just an abrade after a few turns and make a 20/20 after I drew a depths.

Semis vs Food Chain 2-1
    Given Decklists I see that he has 0 answers to a made marit lage in the 75, so I know I'm good to make it as soon as possible and he can't stop me.
    Game one I cast a duress and take the force. And then proceed to make a 20/20 on turn 3 grabbing a steppe to make it unblockable.
    Game two gets grindy. I can't find my DD in time and I lose to a hardcast Walking Ballista on 3
    Game three goes better for me as I make a fast lage after he manipulates fate to get the birds. He plays the griffin, but doesn't have the counter magic to stop me from cropping into a sejiri steppe after I duress him.

Finals vs Lands 1-2
    Game 1 was pretty Great. I Make a turn 3 marit lage using up all my lands after tutoring a gq. He mills over chasm with loam and already had a maze in play. Several turns of draw go, but then I find a notw gq the chasm and get in.
    Game 2 he gets a hard lock on me early finding gq and wasteland and I tap out with no real shot at getting back in
    Game 3 I think I punted. I turn 1 a needle on wasteland. I turn 2 a safekeeper, turn 3 a hexmage and all he has is a maze, waste, and gq. I have surgical in hand and decide to not go for the gq on maze and surgicaling it, which I think cost me the game. I instead focus on trying to muscle through the wastes and gqs in play with his stage and knowing he has a grip in hand from an earlier duress which revealed a tracker, exploration, and loam in addition taking the exploration then thoughtsiezing the tracker. A few turns later I think I found a window which might bait him into giving us both 20/20s and I have steppe in hand, but instead I stupidly pop the surgical on the crop rotation in the end phase which ruined my line and new at that moment I was locked.

It was a good run and I had a lot of fun doing the event. First top 8 with this deck and first top 8 in a staples since July so I'm pretty happy

Another 5-0 with the stock list + ground seal. TD is the real deal!

Nice

I've been chasing after a 5-0 for a while. 8 4-1s now.

32-5 in matches. (went 0-2 in 1 league Drop) 9 leagues

Ground Seal as a 1 of as been pretty great. I havent missed Karakas either. Been running 2 Bobs over 1 Safekeeper+1 ESG and its been pretty good
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    Nice

I've been chasing after a 5-0 for a while. 8 4-1s now.

32-5 in matches. (went 0-2 in 1 league Drop) 9 leagues

Ground Seal as a 1 of as been pretty great. I havent missed Karakas either. Been running 2 Bobs over 1 Safekeeper+1 ESG and its been pretty good
    Bob main? Whoa!

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Went 5-2 in a local yesterday (missed the money), beating Burn, Infect, Storm, DnT, and Jund and losing to the mirror and BUG Delver (mulliganed to a do-nothing 5-card hand in game 1 and punted game 2 with a 7-card hand I probably should have thrown back). I definitely made a few mistakes on the day, so I was pleased with my result. Just gotta tighten up. My list and notes about choices:

4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Misty Rainforest
    2 Bayou
    1 Blooming Marsh
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Sejiri Steppe

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    3 Lotus Petal

2 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage

1 Sylvan Library

3 Pithing Needle

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Duress
    1 Collective Brutality
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    1 Not of this World

// sideboard //

2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    2 Rite of Consumption
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Ground Seal
    1 Bitterblossom

7 fast mana, 5 fetches: In my (admittedly limited) testing, I found that I wanted one more real mana source for the grindy games where I boarded out fast mana, so I went with an extra fetchland over the fourth Petal. This also influenced my decision to play Dryad Arbor over Mishra's Factory as my Edict hedge. With a fifth fetchland, I probably want the third Bayou over the Blooming Marsh, but alas, I don't own the third.

2 Sylvan Safekeeper, 1 Not of this World: This probably isn't correct; I should play one or the other. But I like the "gotcha" aspect of Not of this World. It's also a card I can board out against Grixis, which makes my sideboard plan smoother. But the deck doesn't see enough cards to make it consistent, so I should probably just play 3 Safekeepers.

1 Collective Brutality: This card's been very good for me. It's a card that removes a pesky blocker, deals the last points of damage if they happened to gain life with Deathrite Shaman, strips cards from the hand, or all the above. I like that it's a better topdeck in grindy matchups. It's risky to escalate against Delver, but when it works, it's been great for me. Your mileage may vary.

2 Krosan Grip: This was bad.

1 Ground Seal: There were lots of Lands players in the room, so I went with this. I'm not that impressed with this card against the field, though. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

1 Bitterblossom: This was a test slot that I'm not sure about. In testing it did some nice things against Swords decks. I'd gain 20 life and just make Faeries all day until I had time to rebuild. Then I started seeing applications elsewhere: Czech Pile, the mirror, etc. But I don't think I can afford to bring it in against Lands because even though they board out Tabernacle, they still play Punishing Fire. Very unsure about this card, but it's got promise. The only time I saw it in the tournament was against Jund, and it made a Faerie and baited a Decay, which allowed my Library to live and find what I needed to win.

0 Sphere of Resistance: Storm isn't prevalent locally, so I opted to improve other matchups. And I'm glad I did; Rite of Consumption won me a game against DnT I had no business winning.

I'm definitely not playing the second Grip anymore, so what should take that slot (if I decide not to play Spheres)?

A weird game against the mirror I'd love some feedback on. Full disclosure: I have very little experience in this matchup.

Game 1, I'm on the draw. On turn 2, my opponent Sylvan Scrying-s for Thespian's Stage and passes. I have Needle in hand (which my opponent knows about) but choose not to play it because I have Depths in hand and want to keep my own draws live - probably a mistake(?). So I play Safekeeper and pass. On turn 3 he plays Stage and passes. I draw a blank and feel like I need to do something in case he's sandbagging Depths, so I play Needle. While on the stack, my opponent attempts to copy my Bayou. Should I sacrifice my Bayou to Safekeeper and just name "Thespian's Stage," or should I let it happen and name "Bayou"? My opponent only has one or two cards in hand, and I have something like Urborg-Depths-Spirit Guide.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by theMonster View Post
    Went 5-2 in a local yesterday (missed the money), beating Burn, Infect, Storm, DnT, and Jund and losing to the mirror and BUG Delver (mulliganed to a do-nothing 5-card hand in game 1 and punted game 2 with a 7-card hand I probably should have thrown back). I definitely made a few mistakes on the day, so I was pleased with my result. Just gotta tighten up. My list and notes about choices:

4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Misty Rainforest
    2 Bayou
    1 Blooming Marsh
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Sejiri Steppe

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    3 Lotus Petal

2 Sylvan Safekeeper
    4 Vampire Hexmage

1 Sylvan Library

3 Pithing Needle

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Duress
    1 Collective Brutality
    4 Crop Rotation
    2 Expedition Map
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    1 Not of this World

// sideboard //

2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    2 Rite of Consumption
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Ground Seal
    1 Bitterblossom

7 fast mana, 5 fetches: In my (admittedly limited) testing, I found that I wanted one more real mana source for the grindy games where I boarded out fast mana, so I went with an extra fetchland over the fourth Petal. This also influenced my decision to play Dryad Arbor over Mishra's Factory as my Edict hedge. With a fifth fetchland, I probably want the third Bayou over the Blooming Marsh, but alas, I don't own the third.

2 Sylvan Safekeeper, 1 Not of this World: This probably isn't correct; I should play one or the other. But I like the "gotcha" aspect of Not of this World. It's also a card I can board out against Grixis, which makes my sideboard plan smoother. But the deck doesn't see enough cards to make it consistent, so I should probably just play 3 Safekeepers.

1 Collective Brutality: This card's been very good for me. It's a card that removes a pesky blocker, deals the last points of damage if they happened to gain life with Deathrite Shaman, strips cards from the hand, or all the above. I like that it's a better topdeck in grindy matchups. It's risky to escalate against Delver, but when it works, it's been great for me. Your mileage may vary.

2 Krosan Grip: This was bad.

1 Ground Seal: There were lots of Lands players in the room, so I went with this. I'm not that impressed with this card against the field, though. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

1 Bitterblossom: This was a test slot that I'm not sure about. In testing it did some nice things against Swords decks. I'd gain 20 life and just make Faeries all day until I had time to rebuild. Then I started seeing applications elsewhere: Czech Pile, the mirror, etc. But I don't think I can afford to bring it in against Lands because even though they board out Tabernacle, they still play Punishing Fire. Very unsure about this card, but it's got promise. The only time I saw it in the tournament was against Jund, and it made a Faerie and baited a Decay, which allowed my Library to live and find what I needed to win.

0 Sphere of Resistance: Storm isn't prevalent locally, so I opted to improve other matchups. And I'm glad I did; Rite of Consumption won me a game against DnT I had no business winning.

I'm definitely not playing the second Grip anymore, so what should take that slot (if I decide not to play Spheres)?

A weird game against the mirror I'd love some feedback on. Full disclosure: I have very little experience in this matchup.

Game 1, I'm on the draw. On turn 2, my opponent Sylvan Scrying-s for Thespian's Stage and passes. I have Needle in hand (which my opponent knows about) but choose not to play it because I have Depths in hand and want to keep my own draws live - probably a mistake(?). So I play Safekeeper and pass. On turn 3 he plays Stage and passes. I draw a blank and feel like I need to do something in case he's sandbagging Depths, so I play Needle. While on the stack, my opponent attempts to copy my Bayou. Should I sacrifice my Bayou to Safekeeper and just name "Thespian's Stage," or should I let it happen and name "Bayou"? My opponent only has one or two cards in hand, and I have something like Urborg-Depths-Spirit Guide.

Thanks a lot!
    Hey there congrats on the good result! How did the Storm matchup feel? I too have gotten away from Spheres because I don't see much storm and I think our discard plus clock is often good enough.

I have thought about adding an additional fetchland as well. I haven't yet....but it sounds like a good idea. One thing I have realized is that boarding out a lot of fast mana makes our manabase god awful. I never board out all of it--some matchups I might board out 4 fast mana. I have just accepted that the manabase needs some fast mana to be consistently functional.

Sylvan safekeeper-- I only run 2 of them because post board I have 3x Rite of Consumption and most matchups I want Safekeeper I also want Rite (the exception would be Stoneblade).

I also really like Collective Brutality. I run one main and one SB. It's very versatile and is bonkers in some matchups, like Infect and Burn.

I love Ground Seal. I think one is enough but 2 is reasonable. Just does enough things against most decks. Comes in in most games 2-3. Yeah, I don't think you need 2 Grips.

Hard to say what to do in the mirror without more info. How to approach the mirror eludes me too. Because I have Rite and Sylvan, I usually try to play the control role. But...I really don't know. I think it's very situation dependent as far as I can tell from limited experience. And whoever gets too aggressive and goes for the combo first usually gets punished. Thanks for the writeup.

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Quote Originally Posted by caseyc View Post
    How did the Storm matchup feel? I too have gotten away from Spheres because I don't see much storm and I think our discard plus clock is often good enough.
    Honestly, I had good hands and timely discard, so this particular match wasn't too difficult. In game 1 I got greedy and took a Brainstorm instead of an Infernal Tutor after my opponent kept with Ponder, seeing that he wouldn't be able to go for an effective Past in Flames loop even if he drew LED (he did). The best he could do was Ad Nauseum with no mana floating or Empty for 10 Goblins, which my hand could beat. In game 2 my opponent played Island -> Ponder, then I Thoughtseized away a Ponder from a hand of something like 2 Cabal Rituals, Ponder, fetchland, Empty. I followed it up with a discard spell for the Empty, leaving him with a hand full of mana and no action. I made Marit Lage shortly thereafter.

This match isn't necessarily representative, though. I've definitely had games against Storm in testing where I've been a turn too slow, or they discard my business spell and go off. I'd say Storm is definitely a favorite, especially against my no-Sphere build, but my match showed that it's possible to have the right combination of cards and run over them.

I have thought about adding an additional fetchland as well. I haven't yet....but it sounds like a good idea. One thing I have realized is that boarding out a lot of fast mana makes our manabase god awful. I never board out all of it--some matchups I might board out 4 fast mana. I have just accepted that the manabase needs some fast mana to be consistently functional.
    I've really liked the extra fetchland. Urborg helps reduce the odds of it having no more targets and being useless, but it's super rare that that would come up. Having the extra land makes it easier to board out most or all of your fast mana in certain matchups.

Sylvan safekeeper-- I only run 2 of them because post board I have 3x Rite of Consumption and most matchups I want Safekeeper I also want Rite (the exception would be Stoneblade).
    If I read this right, you take out Safekeepers against Stoneblade, right? You don't think Safekeeper does enough in the matchup? I guess if I saw Karakas, I'd be inclined to leave them in, but even then, you're probably right.

I also really like Collective Brutality. I run one main and one SB. It's very versatile and is bonkers in some matchups, like Infect and Burn.

I love Ground Seal. I think one is enough but 2 is reasonable. Just does enough things against most decks. Comes in in most games 2-3. Yeah, I don't think you need 2 Grips.
    The best Brutality I had on the day was killing a Blighted Agent and taking my opponent's Crop Rotation. And I'm really trying to like Ground Seal, but I just think it's so narrow. I see it as a card for Lands and Czech Pile. Where else do you bring it in? Against Grixis I think it's too slow and not worth shutting off just Deathrite. Maybe against Miracles you shut off their Snapcasters and protect your Depths from Surgical(?) - is that worth it? Perhaps it saturates Disenchant targets, especially with me bringing in Bitterblossom and another Library.

Safekeeper is amazing vs Blade Decks. Blanks JTMS, STP, PTE or anything else
    Solnox on MTGO

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

@solnox, I've basically never boarded out my two Safekeepers. Is that wrong? In which matchups would they come out? Something like Moon Stompy?

Honestly, I had good hands and timely discard, so this particular match wasn't too difficult. In game 1 I got greedy and took a Brainstorm instead of an Infernal Tutor after my opponent kept with Ponder, seeing that he wouldn't be able to go for an effective Past in Flames loop even if he drew LED (he did). The best he could do was Ad Nauseum with no mana floating or Empty for 10 Goblins, which my hand could beat. In game 2 my opponent played Island -> Ponder, then I Thoughtseized away a Ponder from a hand of something like 2 Cabal Rituals, Ponder, fetchland, Empty. I followed it up with a discard spell for the Empty, leaving him with a hand full of mana and no action. I made Marit Lage shortly thereafter.

This match isn't necessarily representative, though. I've definitely had games against Storm in testing where I've been a turn too slow, or they discard my business spell and go off. I'd say Storm is definitely a favorite, especially against my no-Sphere build, but my match showed that it's possible to have the right combination of cards and run over them.

I've really liked the extra fetchland. Urborg helps reduce the odds of it having no more targets and being useless, but it's super rare that that would come up. Having the extra land makes it easier to board out most or all of your fast mana in certain matchups.

If I read this right, you take out Safekeepers against Stoneblade, right? You don't think Safekeeper does enough in the matchup? I guess if I saw Karakas, I'd be inclined to leave them in, but even then, you're probably right.

The best Brutality I had on the day was killing a Blighted Agent and taking my opponent's Crop Rotation. And I'm really trying to like Ground Seal, but I just think it's so narrow. I see it as a card for Lands and Czech Pile. Where else do you bring it in? Against Grixis I think it's too slow and not worth shutting off just Deathrite. Maybe against Miracles you shut off their Snapcasters and protect your Depths from Surgical(?) - is that worth it? Perhaps it saturates Disenchant targets, especially with me bringing in Bitterblossom and another Library.
    Nah I don't board Safekeepers out against Stoneblade. I meant: Because I have the Rite SB plan, I don't think I need 3 Safekeepers--due to the only matchup where I think I'd want Safekeepers and not Rite is Stoneblade. So against Stoneblade I keep Safekeepers in but don't also board in Rite/Boseiju.

@solnox, I've basically never boarded out my two Safekeepers. Is that wrong? In which matchups would they come out? Something like Moon Stompy?
    I actually board them out alot. Against Delver, Pile, etc. Anything that doesn't have Swords to Plowshares pretty much. I know they are pretty good as anti-edict cards...but I just rely on my discard spells for that. And with Ground Seal, even if they edict, they can't Surgical so I can combo again. But perhaps they are good enough to keep in against Edict effects--I just haven't done that because those matchups there aren't many bad cards MD to bring out to bring in the few SB cards we have, so the Safekeepers come out.

I wonder if Bitterblossom as a 1/2 of is the answer to Edict Effects. swap it in for safekeepers if you dont feel you want it
    Solnox on MTGO

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    I wonder if Bitterblossom as a 1/2 of is the answer to Edict Effects. swap it in for safekeepers if you dont feel you want it
    I've been running one Bitterblossom for primarily Czech Pile, UWx decks, DnT, and the mirror. I don't have enough data on it, but when it's hit the table, people have definitely respected it. If anything, it soaks up that Abrupt Decay or Disenchant so my Library and Needles can survive. I haven't tried it against Delver, but it seems crazy slow for that matchup.

Has anyone tried playing with worldly tutor. In DnSolver's list I'm thinking it could be nice in place of two sylvan safekeepers to get more hexmage combos, add consistency, and maybe go off turns sooner while still being able to search for safekeeper. To people with many games logged, what is your opinion and do you think there would be situation where you'd actually search for spirit guide too?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSouth View Post
    Has anyone tried playing with worldly tutor. In DnSolver's list I'm thinking it could be nice in place of two sylvan safekeepers to get more hexmage combos, add consistency, and maybe go off turns sooner while still being able to search for safekeeper. To people with many games logged, what is your opinion and do you think there would be situation where you'd actually search for spirit guide too?
    Seems a little too cute, and we already suffer from a staggering amount of card disadvantage plays--so I wouldn't want any more of that. If you want the consistency/utility of that, I'd just go the Living Wish direction.

Hey guys, still been working diligently on a budget BUG build. I know a few others were working on it also, so here's the best brew i got:

Land (28)
    4x City of Brass
    4x Dark Depths
    4x Forbidden Orchard
    4x Gemstone Mine
    4x Mana Confluence
    4x Thespian's Stage
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Creature (5)
    1x Sylvan Safekeeper
    4x Vampire Hexmage

Sorcery (11)
    4x Ponder
    3x Sylvan Scrying
    4x Thoughtseize

Artifact (9)
    4x Expedition Map
    4x Mox Diamond (or lotus petal and drop one urborg)
    1x Pithing Needle

Instant (7)
    4x Crop Rotation
    3x Lim-Dul's Vault

Sideboard (15)
    1x Bojuka Bog
    3x Duress
    1x Ghost Quarter
    4x Hydroblast
    1x Karakas
    3x Pithing Needle
    2x Sylvan Safekeeper

Ran bunch of playtest simulator and very consistent to where rarely need to mulligan and usually can combo turn two or three. If anyone wants to run force of will and brainstorm, you can manipulate to work here because of the vaults, but during testing i would get brainstorm locked, so i moved away from that. Not sure if lotus petal or mox diamond better in that slot, because diamonds were stinking with low land counts or multiples. this may be fun for you guys on the bg build with lim-dul's inclusion. another cool thing is you can include any color card in sideboard.

Another 5-0, another league run through where abrupt decay just really wasn't cutting it for me. I'm starting to strongly consider going 100% to k-grip and maybe a golgari charm. My overall game w/l is at 65.8% and match w/l is at 72.5% after 120 comp league matches.

Thread Information