Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163
Results 3,241 to 3,245 of 3245

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

Re: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Three different versions of Depths recently top 8'ed a Legacy League, with local hero Mzfroste taking 1st place. Mox version w/Reclaimers in 1st, Maverick-ey version in 3rd (Sharkcaster Mage) and Hogaak Depths in 8th (NonsonosaN.)

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22758&d=355446&f=LE

I feel that Reclaimer has a place in any Depths list, honestly. It's a little slower but the same overall mana investment as Expedition Map while providing a repeatable effect and alternative 3/4 beatstick. I think it will be come a staple in any/all Depths lists. I'm currently on 3 copies, debating a 4th, in a Lotus Petal/ESG setup. The slots it would have to take up are Sylvan Scrying, which is more efficient but less flexible.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

I love how much brewing there is going on with Depths right now thanks to Hogaak and W6.

This list is pretty fun to play: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...bg-89135#paper. Mengucci streamed a similar list recently and it feels like Hogaak and Depths are a really amazing 1-2 punch insofar as your opponent has to deal with two kill conditions. It crushed a bunch of fair blue decks.

Now I'm wondering if there's a way to make this a Jund list to fit in a few copies of W6. Something like -1 Therapy, -1 Thoughtsieze, -1 Hexmage, -1 Garden, +3 W6, +1 Taiga. W6 is so busted with Mox Diamond and Wasteland but the issue is its such a tight list and everything plays a critical role so the answer might be its not worth it.

The list could also potentially benefit from a copy or two of Loam and some cycling lands. Sylvan Library is another card that should probably at least be one of in the 75.

Nov 2013
    Russia, SPB

Seems like wizards print very interesting card for BG depth decks:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEB5KQ-X...png&name=small

What do you think guys?

i think it might see play in turbo version but it is not good enough for hogaakDepth

Nov 2010
    New Gloucester, Maine, USA

Digging 5 deep is pretty good, and it gets around Chalice@1 (I'm comparing it to Ancient Stirrings.) The great part GB Depths is that there are so many options to sub in/out depending on the metagame:

Sylvan Scrying
    Expedition Map
    Ancient Stirrings
    Not of this World
    Elvish Reclaimer
    Satyr Wayfinder
    Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
    Dark Confidant
    Mox Diamond
    Life from the Loam

Depending on what the metagame is soft against you can build it with Loam/Diamond/utility lands, Wayfinder/Reclaimer/Hogaak, Scrying/Map/ESG, Confidant/maindeck removal for a 'Rock'-like approach, Stirrings/Not of This World. The core of the deck is Hexmage, Depths, Stage, and discard. From there you add the right mix of tutors/dig/disruption to adapt.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Thread Information