Page 107 of 166 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Hey, I have tested a lot with bliving wish, because of the great SB 1off options. I'm playing the "normal" turbo build atm.
    The "blue" field is packing surgicals right now, but is living wish the answer?
    I feel its clucky every time, basically you trade speed vs versatillity. But with no real carddraw(only lib) and no manipulation at all, is it worth it? So many times i drew "naturally" the missing combopiece, or a tutor for the missing one, its the decks design. Do we have to change the deck because of some "SB" tec?
    My opinion is the following: I like living wish and what its doing to the deck, but if we have to change the deck because of surgical in SB, how about 4 living wish and Rec Sage as SB tec. sure it cutts off 5 slots that very are viable, but it could be worth the test.

Edit: I like living wish, maybe I'll try it onlie a little.
    Last edited by Izza; 11-01-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Hey all! First time poster on the thread! I played in the SCG Open yesterday and had a kinda wild ride.

I lost round one, ran off five wins, and then managed to lose the last three to not make day two at 5-4.

It was my first actual play with the deck (outside of playtesting), so being right at the cusp of day two was amazing, if not a little bittersweet! I've never gotten more than two wins at an event, and even managed to snag an off camera feature match in round 7 (the start of my losing streak, haha).

List I played is below. The sideboard is definitely a little rough, but I'm happy I played this version over the Living Wish version because I enjoyed having all 4 copies of the combo pieces available to draw into.

Land (23)

1x Bayou
    1x Bojuka Bog
    4x Dark Depths
    1x Ghost Quarter
    1x Llanowar Wastes
    1x Overgrown Tomb
    2x Polluted Delta
    1x Sejiri Steppe
    1x Snow-Covered Forest
    1x Snow-Covered Swamp
    4x Thespian's Stage
    3x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2x Windswept Heath
    Sorcery (16)

4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Duress
    2x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Into the North
    4x Sylvan Scrying
    Creature (9)

4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    1x Sylvan Safekeeper
    4x Vampire Hexmage

Artifact (7)

4x Lotus Petal
    3x Pithing Needle

Enchantment (1)

1x Sylvan Library

Instant (4)

4x Crop Rotation
    Sideboard (15)

4x Abrupt Decay
    1x Faerie Macabre
    1x Karakas
    3x Mindbreak Trap
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Sphere of Resistance
    1x Sylvan Library
    2x Sylvan Safekeeper
    1x Toxic Deluge

In other news, DnT felt REAL rough.
    Last edited by grievers; 10-29-2017 at 12:55 PM.

So I'm currently playing at a card shop were only 2 or 3 people (myself included) own their legacy decks. The owner of the store has like 13 decks built that he loans out for the weekly events. So there's at least one of the following decks every event. I'm currently on a discard heavy version of B/G Depths, I think it's fairly well positioned for this metagame (except for D&T) but I was wanting some input about whether that's actually the case and what people's thoughts on sideboard cards should be given this metagame.

Sneak and Show (With Omniscience)
    Storm (ANT)
    Dredge
    Burn
    Elves
    Death and Taxes
    RUG Delver
    BR Reanimator (with 4 Blood Moon in the 75)
    Grixis Delver
    Lands
    Eldrazi
    Shardless BUG
    New Miracles (Not yet but store owner's almost finished building it for people to borrow)

My decklist is currently

Lands:
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Blooming Marsh
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    1 Sejiri Steppe
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter

Non Lands:
    4 Duress
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Sylvan Safekeeper
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Expedition Map

Sideboard:

3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Dread of Night
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Rite of Consumption
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Karakas
    1 Krosan Grip

Don't metagame. It will make you a worse legacy player.

Depths itself is so inherently adaptable and consistent that it really doesn't matter what metagame you play in if you play tightly in your bad matchups. See the D+T vs Dark Depths matchup on SCG yesterday - D+T punts and loses G2, then makes some suboptimal plays to lose G3.

Edit: Why are you not playing fast mana? Any particular reason?
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

It's probably not correct but I wanted more disruption because I wanted more interaction against faster combo decks and also worse matchups. I was having a lot of trouble against ANT/TES and BR Reanimator so I cut the fast mana for more discard and it's made my matchups there a lot better. It's also the reason for the 3 sphere of resistance and 3 surgicals in the board. I figured it was weighing a potentially faster kill versus the ability to have more information and be able to fight through hate/faster combo more and I went with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    It's probably not correct but I wanted more disruption because I wanted more interaction against faster combo decks and also worse matchups. I was having a lot of trouble against ANT/TES and BR Reanimator so I cut the fast mana for more discard and it's made my matchups there a lot better. It's also the reason for the 3 sphere of resistance and 3 surgicals in the board. I figured it was weighing a potentially faster kill versus the ability to have more information and be able to fight through hate/faster combo more and I went with the latter.
    BR Reanimator is very favorable on my end with 8 discard, 4 Crop Rot -> Bojuka Bog, and 2 Surgicals postboard. Storm is tougher, so I play 4 Mindbreak Trap postboard.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Another tournament starting with 8-1 and doing terribly on day 2. Went to 10-4 and ID'ed round 15 into Top 32 at the Open. Mostly standard maindeck, awful sidedeck because I forgot to pack more cards after I decided to ignore the storm hate. I'd write a short report if people want, but it's a standard list and we all know how it works by now. Lost to Sneak & Show, BUG Delver, Stax, and the Miracles dude who ended up getting DQ'ed.

Surprisingly enough, I dodged Delver for the first 10 rounds and played no 4C Control decks, much to my sadness.

Ended up Top 4ing the CFB 4k Today with the list I posted.

Beat BantBlade, Goblins, 3x BUG Delver in the Swiss. Beat ANT in the top 8 after someone No sirred a 400$ split.

Top 8 was 2 Turbo Depths, 1 Lands, 1 Maverick, 2 ANT, 1 BUG Delver, Eldrazi Taxes. Lot of BUG Delver, Depths, and DNT today.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Good works guys. Won a legacy side event after 0-3 flaming out of Day 2 at GP Hong Kong. Standard list you guys all know and love.

Two thoughts

1. Dark Confidant vs Sylvan out of the board -> Haven't tested bob, but some of you guys seem to like it
    2. 2x GSZ + 1 Safekeeper vs 3x safekeeper - > seems like it would give out deck some additional g2/g3 toolbox options including a tutorable arbor.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

I've been liking 2 Safekeeper 1 Library main, 1 Safekeeper 1 additional Library side.

This deck is a Sylvan tribal deck, you know.

I've been on the same 60 mb for the past 3/4 months or so and I've been very happy with the deck.

My overall record at Channel Fireball's Monthly Tournaments have been a combined 17-4-2 with the SB near identical each time with +/- maybe 3 cards.

I don't see myself changing it up in the near future unless something really busted gets printed.
    Solnox on MTGO

Since all of us have been playing basically the same 70/75 for the past year, is it time we finally create a google doc for sideboarding +/-?

I've been playing delver and miracles for most of this year, but I think TD is just better positioned

I think it's pretty much the following

3-4 decay
    3-4 storm/fast combo hate piece
    2-3 surgical extraction
    1 karakas
    1 edict dodger
    4th needle

Fill out the rest with grind or more hate depending n meta
    Solnox on MTGO

My build is

3 decay
    3 surgical
    1 library
    1 karakas
    1 needle
    4 sphere
    1 factory
    1 k-grip

I use:

4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Karakas
    2 Rite of Consumption
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction

and I have 1 library main. Wish to play 3 or 4 sphere's, but the Rite package and the libraries are really good for our worst matchups.

I'm missing the edict dodger, but I see Sylvan Safekeeper as the same purpose (although not crop rotatable)

Quote Originally Posted by funnywille View Post
    Another tournament starting with 8-1 and doing terribly on day 2. Went to 10-4 and ID'ed round 15 into Top 32 at the Open. Mostly standard maindeck, awful sidedeck because I forgot to pack more cards after I decided to ignore the storm hate. I'd write a short report if people want, but it's a standard list and we all know how it works by now. Lost to Sneak & Show, BUG Delver, Stax, and the Miracles dude who ended up getting DQ'ed.

Surprisingly enough, I dodged Delver for the first 10 rounds and played no 4C Control decks, much to my sadness.
    Who got DQed?

Daniel Miller, who was playing U/W Miracles. He was 9-0 at the end of Day 1, and he was DQ'd in the last round of Day 2 due to discussing a prize split with his opponent when their match went to time; I don't know the specifics of what was said, but I think he may have just chosen the wrong words and a judge was within earshot, so that was that. I heard him discussing this with a mutual friend after the DQ, and it certainly didn't sound like he was trying to bribe his opponent, but the rule doesn't allow for a lot of wiggle room, :-(.

There was also a DQ at the CFB 4k event due to a prize split in the last round :/

Makes it super tricky to do any splitting
    Solnox on MTGO

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

Is there any reason to not to play Glacial Chasm in the SB? I find myself sometimes losing matches I could win if I had some way to protect my life total for just one turn (opponent attacking with a swarm of creatures vs. my only Marit Lage, Burn bolting me to death, etc).

EDIT to ask another question to the fellows that play Sphere of Resistance in the SB: Why not Thorn of Amethyst instead? It will hose Storm the same, but it will not affect our Hexmages/Safekeepers IMO.
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

You need sphere against combo decks like elves

Thread Information