Page 114 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

More likely to turn on Abrupt Decays as combo enablers as long as you can get your mana lands out first. Playing a Depths into a Sun gives you no ice counters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I see this as an offensive weapon for poor paper players like myself. Makes some gold lands like city of brass and forbidden orchard cool. Hates on rich fetchland players. Shuts off lots of D&T stuff like wasteland, rishadan, karakas, cavern, & others like azcantra, horizon canopy, so I can maybe put in place of pithing needle. Lage Enabler that just requires some already great abrupt decays or rotate into depths on their kill spell. The biggest downside I see is losing Urborg. I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

^ Nice troll. Read the card again if not trolling.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

This card is much worse against us than blood moon for reasons solver has stated. Please play this vs us G2/G3.

What are your guys thoughts on spheres in an open GP meta? I'm 71/75 nailed down for the GP, but constantly going back and forth on sphere/mindbreak/bobs etc

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    This card is much worse against us than blood moon for reasons solver has stated. Please play this vs us G2/G3.

What are your guys thoughts on spheres in an open GP meta? I'm 71/75 nailed down for the GP, but constantly going back and forth on sphere/mindbreak/bobs etc
    Related to this: are Spheres the reason why there is no room for Rite of Consumption anymore?
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Rite of Consumption was largely tech to beat Miracles when combined with Boseiju. You can still play it vs D+T, 4c Loam, Lands, etc. but Sylvan Safekeeper is effective enough vs Loam and Lands, and Safekeeper has uses in other matchups as edict fodder and just chump blocking. I don't think you would want Rite and Safekeeper as they don't complement each other.

I explained the Sphere/Trap conundrum a page or two ago in a rant. Pick a side that makes sense to you after you argue it out with yourself, and play that. There are pros/cons to both, but I like Trap personally because in other unfair matchups (Belcher and friends) Trap wrecks them.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

-2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Related to this: are Spheres the reason why there is no room for Rite of Consumption anymore?
    @jdmdave In my experience (I only really play paper), Storm is not a huge concern. Firstly because it is just not very well represented in paper. Second, our matchup without dedicated hate is still pretty decent. We have a fast clock and loads of discard. Yes Storm is a bit of a 50/50 matchup without lots of SB hate, but with some skill and mulling properly, it can fall in our favor more often than not. I'd rather focus my SB attention on more well-represented matchups that are 50/50 or unfavorable.

@Hopo I still play Rite of Consumption (and Boseiju) and find it great. In fact, I didn't play it prior to the Top ban because I played 4x Chalice instead. As I've said before, it just shores up our 3 toughest matchups: Miracles, DnT, and Lands. And has application in other matchups. Because I play SB Rite, I only play 2 maindeck Sylvan Safekeepers as more feels like overkill post-board. If you want my list I can post it again.

Also, that new Blood Sun card looks interesting but not very problematic for us.

Blood Sun does not affect Urborg, all lands will be swamps. Because Layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

If you're on the sphere plan, are you guys bringing them in against show and tell?

What are you boarding out in that matchup?

What's better? Factory or dryad arbor?

Not bringing in spheres or Traps vs Show and Tell.

Dryad Arbor is better than factory IMO. You're not looking to block a lot of creatures and making tons of factories to attack with isn't realistically going to happen. Fetching Arbor with Verdant Catacombs is good.

I want to contribute at little bit to the stock list discussion. Short intro. I play DD for about 2-3 years now. Only play paper. Only play Legacy. Approximately 2 times per month. FNMs in our local store and small national tournaments (4-5 rd with cut to T8). Quite successful in the last year. Lots of T8 finishes and also some wins.

My list differs mostly in playing DRS and additional fetchlands and reducing the fast mana for it. Here is one reference:
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=25534&iddeck=200349

I noticed that 4 DRS is too much, but 3 feels very good. Fast mana should be at least 3-4 (I prefer ESG). You will also find some pet cards like Pernicious Deed in the 75.

I really like the many things DRS can do for this deck (mana ramp, drain, graveyard controle, clock together with hexmage, block, sac for edict etc.). There are also some cool things like to protect the combo from Surgical Extraction and so on. But I also know that it turns on some cards from the opponent that are otherwise dead.

Maybe it just fits to my style of play. What do you think about it?

Hello All:

I know that for some of you this deck may be appealing because it is both very competitive and somewhat affordable, but, on MTGO, I have been running a single Tabernacle out of my sideboard and it has been very successful thus far. Thoughts? I'll provide a couple of examples where it's paid off: vs Empty the Warrens it's blown out my opponents twice. vs Death and Taxes, you could reasonably keep a slow Pithing Needle heavy hand and drop a Tabernacle into play at some point to slow down your opponent. I'm not tied to the card, but I think it opens up windows in certain scenarios where we wouldn't normally be able to win.

Also, while I think that Surgical Extraction is the better overall option, would Grafdiggers' Cage be a somewhat suitable alternative. I own both in paper, but neither on MTGO and based on the matchups I am seeing, I go back and forth about which I want more. I guess that Surgical can be used in either sort of matchup where Grafdiggers Cage is either golden or worthless, but it's just something that I think it worth considering.

6-2 day 1 of GP SC on a close to stock list.

Will write up some info if people are interested.

Surgical is better than Cage vs Lands. Hard to win without good access to it. Surgical is also probably necessary vs Reanimator. I remember I used to sideboard 4 Surgicals. Those were the days. Nowadays two is sufficient.

Would love to hear a brief tournament report. Two losses?

I've played Dank Depths to a respectable 6-1 record in legacy side events beat 2x Sneak, Nyx Fit, Burn, Mirror, Bant Blade. The one loss was to RG lands where I didnt see a needle in the top 30 cards.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    I've played Dank Depths to a respectable 6-1 record in legacy side events beat 2x Sneak, Nyx Fit, Burn, Mirror, Bant Blade. The one loss was to RG lands where I didnt see a needle in the top 30 cards.
    What’s your sideboard plan vs sneak? I’ve been struggling there lately...but I guess there’s no shame in losing to Huey.

-1 Bog, -3 Sylvan Safekeeper, -1 Sylvan Library, +2 Abrupt Decay, +1 Krosan Grip. +2 Surgical Extraction is my usual boards. This is probably wrong but if I win game 1, I dont bring in Decay and bring in spheres and dont respect moon. If I get mooned, Ill bring the decays in for G3.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-01-07

Which one of you guys did this :)

Great job!

My sneak plan is also similar. Barring tricks with show in telling the combo (i.e. hiding a vamp with depths in play), I try to play the control route with needle on sneak and tseize/duresss + surgical the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-01-07

Which one of you guys did this :)

Great job!

My sneak plan is also similar. Barring tricks with show in telling the combo (i.e. hiding a vamp with depths in play), I try to play the control route with needle on sneak and tseize/duresss + surgical the show.
    Yeah another major finish for Turbo Depths! I like the list, though I'd do the SB a little different :-)

There was also a Depths Reanimator deck that did really well, but I think that deck is kinda dumb.

While we're on the topic of hot garbage, there's this: http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=17982&d=311547&f=LE

I've tried it out a little. It's actually okay....but not ultimately what you want to be doing with your life :-)

Thread Information