Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

yeah that can easily be the fourth decay. thanks

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

@DNSolver

Do you have any details or stuff to add about your emrakul testing?
    Are you fully sold on it?
    Do you have trouble assembling it and winning with it against miracles?
    Have you tested it against D&T?
    Any other reservations about it?

Side note, you can board it in if you are worried about having dark depths surgicaled. Also, if you ran chalices and decays main over fast mana you wouldnt have an issue with your board :p
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Didn't lose a game after starting 0-1 @ Hareruya's 8 round legacy tournament. Tried an Emrakul 2.0 + Eye package to great results, report coming later today

* Round 1 - Esper Rector Omniscience 1-2 (He did normal SnT - Omni - Emrakul Game 1. Game 2 I killed him Turn 2. Game 3 the rector showed up and bad news happened)
    * Round 2 - Miracles - 2-0
    * Round 3 - Miracles -2-1
    * Round 4 - Miracles - 2-0
    * Round 5 - Miracles 2-0
    * Round 6 - Reanimator 2-1
    * Round 7 - Reanimator 2-0
    * Round 8 - Blood Moon Dragon Stax 2-0!!!!!! (This was the guy who got 30th @ Chiba. Tseize on the play MVP)

I'm now firmly in the boat that Emrakul 2.0 is better than Aeons Torn. Even if she gets countered, you can completely fuck up a miracles player with a mindslaver effect.

Maindeck

* 12 Combo Lands
    * 1 Steppe
    * 1 GQ
    * 1 Bog
    * 2 Verdant
    * 1 Bayou
    * 3 Marsh
    * 2 Snow
    * 4 ESG
    * 4 Petal
    * 4 Scrying
    * 3 Into
    * 3 Not of this world
    * 3 Needle
    * 4 Tseize
    * 4 Duress
    * 4 Crop Rotation
    * 4 Hexmage

Sideboard

* 3 Decay
    * 1 Needle
    * 1 Karakas
    * 3 Surgical
    * 1 Emrakul the Promised End
    * 1 Eye of Ugin
    * 1 Cabal Coffers
    * 4 Sphere of Resistance

Nov 2010
    Japan

How important did you feel the Cabal Coffers was if you were playing Emrakul the Promised End?

Non-negotiable. You just can't get to the 10-11ish mana necessary without it. Coffers is also very solid with Dark Depths as it can easily remove 2-3ish counters a turn in the drawn our miracles matchup.

Jan 2010
    UK

Forgive me. I always thought your choices (manabase, Spheres) are made for budget but if they work fine for you I am very happy and rush with congratulations.

So for EM2.0 - you need to sneak Eye on the table, have Coffers, Urborg and Stage copying Coffers to actually play it?

Nah man, I own 3 bayous and multiple other duals. Painless T1-T3 duals in the form of fast lands are awesome without opening you up to submerge.

As for the coffers you are absolutely correct. You typically copy a coffers with a stage or 3, or just amass enough land to ugin + hardcast emrakul. 4 of those miracle game 2s came down to Big E wrecking face.

If i am running coffers it will be for emrakul the aeons torn. Promised end can be avoided by brainstorm + top activation so that you dont get to do much to hurt them. Its still good but i think the coffers plan lends itself very well to casting a threat they actually cant beat.

Jdmdave, could you post a rough sideboarding plan vs miracles and stoneblade with that list? Also, how many of your opponenta were on mentor, blood moon, etc. I guess you will include that in your report.

I probably wouldnt play Into the North if this plan is in the sideboard. Expedition map is very important for the plan to work.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

What do you guys think of this list?
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14339&d=285628&f=LE
    Looks interesting, I am debating on switching over to Dark Depths from RG Lands, the Graveyard is too much of a liability in my meta.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    What do you guys think of this list?
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14339&d=285628&f=LE
    Looks interesting, I am debating on switching over to Dark Depths from RG Lands, the Graveyard is too much of a liability in my meta.
    I can't argue with results which Negator continues to put up. I like the brainstorm alot, aside from it being gas, it helps you keep things like sejiri steppe and bojuka bog in your library. I like duress more than Inquisition of kozilek in the straight BG list but the presence of brainstorm makes splits more reasonable. What i find interesting is no Basic lands + fewer fast green sources (mox diamont > ESG + Lotus Petal) + fewer pithing needles + 0 copies of Not of this world. Overall, it looks more consistent than BG but more vulnerable to wasteland and Swords to plowshares/karakas G1.

I switched over to this deck from RG lands for the same reason and I'm loving it

How did those Miracles games go with the Emrakul board? Is it useful for anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Nope. Pretty much only for crushing miracles.

I will write a detailed analysis later today after work.

how did you like spheres over chalice? i played against a miracles player locally and he said that he fears chalice more despite it hosing a lot of my own deck. i am currently on sphere.

Sphere is much better than chalice in this deck as you really want needle/tseize/duress/crop rotation.

Here is my list from the side event I played with a more traditional sideboard: http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD03871K/
    Highly recommend hareruya if you visit tokyo.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...aration-part-2

We are the new hotness. DNSolver is especially hot as Reanimator and Depths are listed there ;)

I'll take turn 3 blood moon or unsupported wastelands all day!!!!

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

So this just got spoiled:

http://mythicspoiler.com/aer/cards/h...ervention.html

Is 2 mana too expensive for this type of effect? It protects the combo in multiple ways but i think its too cute.

Surprisingly, I really like this card. With the fast mana version it might be castable semi-reasonably. It's aiming for the same slot as Not of This World, though, and I can't see cutting those without giving up on the D+T matchup completely. Against Miracles the 7 CMC of Not of This World matters vs. Counterbalance as well so I would say it's probably on the edge but not good enough.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Djehuti View Post
    So this just got spoiled:

http://mythicspoiler.com/aer/cards/h...ervention.html

Is 2 mana too expensive for this type of effect? It protects the combo in multiple ways but i think its too cute.
    The token is already indestructible. Just use Not of this World or Vines of Vastwood if you want this effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

I was looking at a few options such as Nature's Way, for trample, Blossoming Defense for Hexproof, Apostle's Blessing, for Protection.
    Has Ancient Stirrings been tested? How unhelpful is it?
    I was also brewing a weird version with punishing fire/burnwillow for some creature removal.
    4x vampire hexmage
    4x Dark Depths
    4x Thespian Stage
    3x Not of this World
    4x Mox Diamond/Lotus Petal
    4x Sylvan Scrying/into the north
    3x Grove of the Burnwillows
    3x Punishing Fire
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    1x Bojuka Bog
    4x Fetchland
    2x Bayou
    1x Taiga
    1x Wasteland
    1x Seijiri Steppe
    2x Snow Land
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Duress/Inquisition
    1x Expedition Map
    3x Urborg, Tomb of yawgmoth
    4x Crop rotation

I know it's bad, I am new to the deck throwing some ideas out, sorry for being a potato :)

do you always name Wasteland with pithing needle if its in your opening hand?
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Thread Information