Page 60 of 166 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

burnwillows has massive disynergy with marit lage. Just play 200-300 games with the stock list before trying to turn this into some RG/BG lands hybrid imho.

Most of the posters here have put up strong MTGO results (DNsolver) or paper (Complexpants/myself).

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    The token is already indestructible. Just use Not of this World or Vines of Vastwood if you want this effect.
    Vines and NotW are dead if you haven't made the token already. This also protects your lands which is unique and somewhat interesting.

Andrea Mengucci posted an article on CFB today:

http://www.channelfireball.com/artic...hs-deck-guide/

Interesting list that I will look over a lot. Relies exclusively on discard spells or fast starts against combo decks, which is...fine? Not buying the Boseiju plan though, would rather have Choke probably. Besides, I'm really liking the Emrakul plan.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post

Interesting list that I will look over a lot. Relies exclusively on discard spells or fast starts against combo decks, which is...fine? Not buying the Boseiju plan though, would rather have Choke probably. Besides, I'm really liking the Emrakul plan.
    it sounds like he needs more testing, or to just read the last few pages of this thread. We've discussed things like gloom, and karakas, into the north vs expedition map, and options running boseju. And even though some of us have slightly different opinions we are fairly united in our opinions on those cards.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post

I second your opinion on Boseiju, not a fan in this deck. Granted, he is running Tsunami as a card to push through counters that none of us really are. Combo is a little too difficult for my tastes with only discard spells. I run a set of brainstorms which add slightly to the density of discard and still board additional disruption for combo. It requires 2-4 sideboard slots in my opinion (Spheres, chalices, counters, whatever) in addition to 7-8 discard spells to really make those match-ups favorable.

He seems to have a handle on how the match-ups he discussed play out. I disagree with a few things, with Hexmage being boarded out against D+T being high on the list. It brick walls small creatures like Revoker and co, removes Vial counters, blocks equipped guys (preventing lifegain from Batterskull has won me several matches), baits swords at times, enables the fastest combos that get under their stream of answers at times, sets up the double combo of Hexmage/Depths/Stage to play through Wasteland, etc. Too good to cut imo. Gloom against D+T attacks the cards we already have the most answers to, mainly swords. Perhaps you just jam it on turn 1 or 2 with acceleration and just "get them" before they have any board, but that seems corner case with only 2 copies. It doesn't touch many of the true problem cards like Wasteland, Karakas, Vial/Flicker, and Port.

All in all, not too far off of the main BG shell though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    What do you guys think of this list?
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14339&d=285628&f=LE
    Looks interesting, I am debating on switching over to Dark Depths from RG Lands, the Graveyard is too much of a liability in my meta.
    I like it, it looks great! :)

In all seriousness, if you have any questions about the list..... fire away.

Yeah, not a fan of boseiju plan. Should we PM him on reddit/facebook and let him in on the emrakul plan?

As for myself, I am running a 10k/5k 2 day legacy tournament this weekend and am weighing the emrakul plan vs traditional plan in a wide, unknown meta. Mainboard is my typical 3x Into the North,0x Map all in build. I've shifted the library to the sideboard in favor of a 3rd main NOTW due to a higher than average amount of DnT

Board A

* 1 Needle
    * 1 Karakas
    * 3 Surgical
    * 3 Abrupt
    * 4 Sphere
    * 1 Eye
    * 1 Emrakul 2.0 (I still think mindslaver, even if countered, is better than timewalk vs miracles. Yes, they can defensively shuffle away everything, but that achieves the desired goal.)
    * 1 Cabal Coffers

Board B

* 1 Needle
    * 1 Karakas
    * 3 Surgical
    * 3 Abrupt
    * 4 Sphere
    * 1 Deluge
    * 1 Drownyard/Worm Harvest
    * 1 Crucible

Jan 2010
    UK

I tried the EM 2.0 package against two Miracle decks and it didn't go very well. It WILL get countered, cards will get hidden and it won't make that much impact on the game as I hoped it would. By the time it will be set you will most likely face CB/TOP package anyway.

I am thinking of testing something like Gaea's Revenge or even Thrun, the Last Troll which can be dealt only with Terminus.

Jun 2016
    Indianapolis, IN

4-0'ed a legacy local last night with the same list I used at the IQ. The 1-of deluge main came in handy more than once again. I ended up beating 4c Delver, Shardless, 4c Tezz/Artifact/Superfriends that has the new commander Breya, and BR Reanimator.

For some reason people keep running little guys into my hexmage forgetting it has first strike. How often does this happen to you guys because it seems like it has happened at least once every time I've brought the deck out to paper events?

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanottoman View Post
    For some reason people keep running little guys into my hexmage forgetting it has first strike. How often does this happen to you guys because it seems like it has happened at least once every time I've brought the deck out to paper events?
    happens to me also a lot since I have them foiled in Japanese

Went 4-0 in a Legacy Challenge, lost the bonus round to Legends Miracles 1-2. Very close game 3, came down to top decks.

Maindeck Bind let me blow out his Brainstorm fetch and win from there game 2.

Spheres feel completely correct over Chalice, you need way too much interaction with Miracles to run Chalice (discard, surgical, Crop), and Spheres let you slow down combo just enough to win. Were critical to beating Omni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Congrats! Can you post your list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure anyone would want it since I followed that up with a 2-4 performance in the GP. Lots of Karakas out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Not sure anyone would want it since I followed that up with a 2-4 performance in the GP. Lots of Karakas out there.
    Anyone can run bad for a single tourney. Comparing/discussing lists and ideas is always a good thing to do imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    Anyone can run bad for a single tourney. Comparing/discussing lists and ideas is always a good thing to do imo.
    Not legacy, but I just 0-3 Dropped in a modern GPT with RW prison. Bad events happen, and they are super frustrating.

Made day 2 with dank depths. Typical turbo list with emrakul plan.

Was very surprised but happy being recognized by my voice at the player meeting and by my source account by griselbranders and marit lagers alike. I am the crownprince of unfair.

Hoping to get top 64 tomorrow.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

-2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Nice one, I guess that's a 6-3? Just don't lose tomorrow now ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

12-3 at gp louisville. Worst breakers put me in 36th. List should go on the magic website.

Rounds:

Abzan stoneblade L
    Ub reanimator W
    Grixis delver W
    4c delver W
    Sneak and show W
    Dredge W
    Miracles W
    Br reanimator W
    Miracles L

Ur delver W
    4c delver W
    Miracles L
    Bug delver W
    Death and taxes W
    Omnitell W

Cabal coffers and eye of ugin plan in the sideboard for miracles was iffy. I believe i got very unlucky in the miracles games, rarely hitting needles or decays. Still needs investigating. Might consider making room for a 4-of card like sylvan library or dark confidant or bitterblossom, but i will wait until after the banned and restricted list is updated.

Jun 2016
    Spain

Congrats DNSolver!

Keep us updated on your sideboarding plans. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind different strategies. Is it mostly the miracles matchup that you're concerned about?

Congrats dude!!!

Well done dude. I cashed my tournament (for 100 bucks :) )

What was the Louisville meta like?

Thread Information