Page 63 of 166 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Great job guys! They really need to figure out that Negator's "UGB" is really Depths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexPants View Post
    Great job guys! They really need to figure out that Negator's "UGB" is really Depths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! The 3 or more color version has been called so many things over the past two years. On Goldfish alone, It was HexDepths, then Turbo Depths before the faster BG version became a bigger thing, then Hexmage Depths, now unclassified.. In addition to the normal ones, it's also been called Rock lands and my personal least favorite courtesy of the SCG Open Series - Sultai Depths.

Jun 2016
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManR View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Living Wish and leaving 1 Vampire Hexmage and 1 Dark Depths in the sideboard? Lukas Marik played a list with 4 in some random Legacy tournament in Switzerland. Interesting to me, though he cut Into the North/Expedition Map for them.

http://gameplace.ch/gpevents/legacy-8-1-17/
    I missed this earlier, but it's very interesting. I'd be very tempted, but at the same time I hate making the deck slower. By leaving one of each of your combo pieces in the sideboard, you'll have fewer games with a turn 2 Marit Lage. Whether it's worth it due to more consistency, it's hard to say. Maybe someone with more experience than me with this deck can pitch in?

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Doneval View Post
    I missed this earlier, but it's very interesting. I'd be very tempted, but at the same time I hate making the deck slower. By leaving one of each of your combo pieces in the sideboard, you'll have fewer games with a turn 2 Marit Lage. Whether it's worth it due to more consistency, it's hard to say. Maybe someone with more experience than me with this deck can pitch in?
    Living wish is a recurring conversation on this forum that should be pinned somewhere in the primer. @apple713 may be able to give a more detailed answer on it (has answered this question more than once previously) but the conclusion of the living wish debate was usually that the speed of maxing out on combo mainboard outweighs the flexibility of living wish. The only reason i can see for still trying it is to gain some resiliency to surgical extraction since the current meta is saturated with them.

After watching your videos DNSolver, I am really thinking that Winter Orb is what we want. Against D&T and Miracles, they want to grind out us, but Winter Orb makes that very difficult. Our costs are so low, and we have lot of free mana, so I think it might be something to consider. Sylvan library does win games, especially against non-miracles decks that play white and infect. But once Miracles gets their lock going, I don't think it is possible to come back, so a Garruk 4 drop just won't do it.

I like winter orb because it punishes top and plays like bouncing venser. It seemed good in theory at EW, although I only got it into play once and it was immediately abrupt decayed in a shardless match up.

Can't believe I missed the legacy challenge. Let's go for a clean sweep next time!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    Can't believe I missed the legacy challenge. Let's go for a clean sweep next time!
    How often are they? Never played I one myself.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

How often are they? Never played I one myself.
    Once a month, usually on the second Saturday of each month at 2PM est. 25 (or 250 pp) entry fee.

What's the best strategy against Miracles? In my testing I haven't had luck in jamming the combo super early because they just always seem to have it, and then I'm staring at a Bayou + Land and ESG in hand against an active Top. In that case, it seems better to long and set up for a major turn of storming off with discard and Needles, with an EOT Lage - which gets Venser'd or Top-Swords anyway.

I mean, if we're gonna go the long game, fuck it, Worst Fears x 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManR View Post

What are everyone's thoughts on Living Wish and leaving 1 Vampire Hexmage and 1 Dark Depths in the sideboard? Lukas Marik played a list with 4 in some random Legacy tournament in Switzerland. Interesting to me, though he cut Into the North/Expedition Map for them.

http://gameplace.ch/gpevents/legacy-8-1-17/

I've been playing Loam depths with 4 living wish locally for 2 years and I love it. It doesn't really work as well in Turbo version, but I play a more controlling build so the slowness of the wish doesn't matter. I play mox diamond + chalice of the void(with no 1 drops myself), similar to Aggro Loam decks and use chalice, wasteland, hymn, Liliana, etc to hinder opponents while assembling the combo. I am always tweaking the flex spots, but the core of the deck performs very well against a good portion of the meta.

However, I have never played in any big events as there aren't any in my area and some decks I have never or rarely played against. Decks I remember having trouble with off hand are pure Lands(had a crazy game where we each had Marit Laige and a Maze of Ith on the board...), Miracles(long games,multiple answers to ML in StP, Jace, Terminus, etc) Imperial Painter(or any blood moon deck). I won a legacy 8 man with it last night, beating D&T 2-0 (won game 1 on a mull to 4 too), BR Reanimator 2-0 and drawing 1-1 with Miracles.

Here is my decklist on deckbox: https://deckbox.org/sets/781997

I've found the best approach from the emrakul plan is to discard+surgical the terminii, then force a fight with NoTW

Force them to answer the combo many times. Do not attempt the combo unless you have protection or unless it is a hail Mary. Surgical + Discard puts them in a really tricky spot. I like Crucible here, just because you can recur your depths and make them continually have it. Tough matchup for sure. Honestly, if a miracles player knows how the deck works and how to set up against it, we are in bad shape. Against good miracles players who don't know about NoTW or ESG, they can get caught off guard a lot.

I actually somewhat disagree about forcing the combo as many times as possible - miracles typically runs 2x surgical in the board and has a rather easy time digging for 1 of them over the 9-10 turns of a typical game.

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

The deck got some coverage today, with the Garruk plan and the Emmy plan being discussed. Looks like I've been brewing with your list according to the article DN!

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...gacy-challenge

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    The deck got some coverage today, with the Garruk plan and the Emmy plan being discussed. Looks like I've been brewing with your list according to the article DN!

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...gacy-challenge
    Do you think they (people who write magic articles) even know this thread exists / look through it?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Jan 2011
    York

After some thread searching I noticed there was never any real discussion publicly about warping wail. Im considering it has a two of over chalice of the voids. I figure it has some applications still in the matchups id generally want chalice(storm, miracles, random combo) while also being another tool vs dnt and random blockers like strix or cliq out of bug decks. Does anyone have any thoughts or previously undisclosed revelations on the subject?

Dec 2015
    Bensalem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Do you think they (people who write magic articles) even know this thread exists / look through it?
    This one was odd since this series and the one that preceded it on GrayMerhcants discussed and posted the decklist several times from both mtgo events and IRL events previously. The only truly new addition since those articles is Stifle. The guy who writes them has a pretty deep knowledge of the format and his analysis is usually pretty spot on though. It's probably unrealistic to think that anyone who writes weekly legacy articles can possibly keep up with every thread on the source, so I would guess they know it exists but can't possibly keep up with the discussions on every deck.

Quote Originally Posted by uncletiggy View Post
    After some thread searching I noticed there was never any real discussion publicly about warping wail. Im considering it has a two of over chalice of the voids. I figure it has some applications still in the matchups id generally want chalice(storm, miracles, random combo) while also being another tool vs dnt and random blockers like strix or cliq out of bug decks. Does anyone have any thoughts or previously undisclosed revelations on the subject?
    My opinion on Wail is that it is way too situational. Think you are countering Infernal?... they cast Ad Nauseam then cast a discard spell before going off. Ready for Terminus?... Swords, Venser, or Snap Swords happens. Have wail up for Show and Tell?.. they cast Blood Moon or Sneak Attack. Basically every deck you could have it against can naturally straight up wreck you just by having a card/hand that doesn't line up with Warping Wail. I don't like straight 1 for 1 creature removal against D+T either. It's a worse Abrupt Decay in almost every situation where a blocker needs to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    I think they do, but not read it carefully or thoroughly. After EW, the write up mentioned the thread in a link: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...ternal-weekend

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

I think they do, but not read it carefully or thoroughly. After EW, the write up mentioned the thread in a link: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...ternal-weekend
    Ah, thanks for pointing this out. I remember reading this articles but didn't check the link. This may be a contributing factor as to why the thread blew up after EW.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Hi there,

New to depths.

How do you guys board vs Miracles? I'm having a lot of trouble in this matchup

I'm currently playing the Emrakul plan and a fairly stock list with Into the North

Thread Information