Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Extravaganza 2 - Coopersburg, PA - $27,000 in prizes! March 13-15

Eternal Extravaganza 2 - Coopersburg, PA - $27,000 in prizes! March 13-15

Full Details: http://eemagic.com/

Saturday, March 14 - Legacy Main Event
    $60 Entry
    10 AM Player Meeting
    Swiss rounds, cut to top 16

1st: 3 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Underground Sea
    2nd: 3 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Volcanic Island
    3rd: 3 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Tundra
    4th: 3 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Tropical Island
    5th: 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Underground Sea
    6th: 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Volcanic Island
    7th: 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Tundra
    8th: 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Tropical Island

9th-12th 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Bayou
    13th-16th 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Savannah, 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Plateau
    17th-20th 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Badlands
    21th-24th 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Taiga
    25th-28th 1 GERMAN, BLACK BORDER Scrubland
    29th-32nd - 100 Credit
    33rd-64th - 50 Credit

Sunday, March 15 - Modern

$35 Entry
    10 AM Player Meeting
    Swiss rounds, cut to top 8

1st: $1200 Store Credit
    2nd: $600 Store Credit
    3rd: $400 Store Credit
    4th: $400 Store Credit
    5th: $200 Store Credit
    6th: $200 Store Credit
    7th: $200 Store Credit
    8th: $200 Store Credit

9th-12th: $100 Store Credit
    13th-16th: $50 Store Credit

Sunday, March 15 - Vintage
    $50 Entry
    11 AM Player Meeting
    Swiss rounds, cut to top 8
    Unsanctioned, 15 proxies

1st: 1 Altered, Unlimited Black Lotus (scans will be posted by 2/1 for all cards)
    2nd: Ancestral Recall
    3rd: Mox (TBD, by 2/1)
    4th: Time Vault
    5th-8th: 1 Blue Dual

Prizes for all events will scale with attendance, if we exceed these goals: Legacy: 350+ Modern: 200+ Vintage: 75+

All prizes are GUARANTEED
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Re: Eternal Extravaganza 2 - Coopersburg, PA - $27,000 in prizes! March 13-15

The most insane event in a while with zero posts? Really?
    Level 2 Judge

Ill be there, taking off work. We are bringing 8 locals from gamers edge!

Quote Originally Posted by Arksz View Post
    Ill be there, taking off work. We are bringing 8 locals from gamers edge!
    I'll be there!

A bunch of guys with Muppet shirts are coming.
    Maverick for life

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by mchainmail View Post
    The most insane event in a while with zero posts? Really?
    I guess you rendered everyone speechless.

I can't wait to get $50 credit. Will any of the matches be streamed?
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

This tourny looks savage. See if the team wants to make the trek.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

I'm most likely attending and handing you my money. But now is the time to advocate for a boobie prize.

Is it possible that the last place contestant, the mage who finishes all rounds, with the lowest ranking gets something. Looking for > pat on back, but <= entry fee.

Just because.

Awesome venue, awesome event coordinators, good times.

Sick event, just not practical for non drivers. Philly is a cheap flight from Atlanta, but the logistics after that are pretty bad. Train doesn't go there either I think.

Edit: Delta has direct flights to some cornfield called Lehigh Regional Airfield for ~$275 will investigate.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Sick event, just not practical for non drivers. Philly is a cheap flight from Atlanta, but the logistics after that are pretty bad. Train doesn't go there either I think.

Edit: Delta has direct flights to some cornfield called Lehigh Regional Airfield for ~$275 will investigate.

12. Keep right at the fork to continue on I-35 N/US-62 E, follow signs for I-44/Tulsa/Wichita
    Continue to follow I-35 N -- 1,215 mi

Yea, I think you're right about the non-driving portion.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post

There are sources in the DelVal, if you asked nicely, and a sourcer was attending said event, accomidations could be facilitated to make the ease of your participation greater than nil.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    Is it possible that the last place contestant, the mage who finishes all rounds, with the lowest ranking gets something. Looking for > pat on back, but <= entry fee.
    Moderator Di was offering high fives to borrow cards... Maybe something like that would work?

This event is difficult to fly to. However, if there are enough people interested, especially Source members, we as the TO could possibly subsidize part of the travel.

Update:

Side Event details and pre-registration is now LIVE for Eternal Extravaganza 2; the LARGEST Independent US Legacy event of 2015! Three days of incredible Magic. If there are suggestions for additional side events, please Message us.
    http://eemagic.com/sides.html
    Level 2 Judge

I love this venue for tournaments. The owner is a chill guy and the store has quite a bit of room to hold alot of Magic players. The Italian deli next door makes great sandwiches, provides them in bulk to the players, and doesn't overcharge for them. Quite alot of quality competition shows up (last SCG elite IQ I went to there featured Gerard Fabiano and Jim Davis and a bunch of other solid players). And of course, the store maintains a very respectable inventory of eternal staples that are available for purchase.

Most importantly, it is really close to where I live :)

I am looking forward to playing in this tournament on both days. I definitely want to enter the Legacy portion and am undecided as to whether I should do 15-proxy Vintage (cheaper than playing Legacy or Modern!) or play my Modern deck the following day, but I'll definitely be doing one or the other.

If you live in the PA/NJ/NY area I highly recommend you come down for this! TOA is one of the few non-SCG/WOTC stores that is dedicated to running quality Eternal tournaments of non-trivial size.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I love this venue for tournaments. The owner is a chill guy and the store has quite a bit of room to hold alot of Magic players. The Italian deli next door makes great sandwiches, provides them in bulk to the players, and doesn't overcharge for them. Quite alot of quality competition shows up (last SCG elite IQ I went to there featured Gerard Fabiano and Jim Davis and a bunch of other solid players). And of course, the store maintains a very respectable inventory of eternal staples that are available for purchase.
    The Italian place will be coming back, probably as a buffet for this event.

We also just received the prize lotus for Sunday;
    Level 2 Judge

Refuses to Play Inconsistent Decks
    Oct 2006

A friend and I are planning on driving down from Boston. We have room in the car for at least one other if another Boston-based sourcer wants to join. I can also loan cards / decks to trustworthy sourcers - toss me a PM if you'd like to arrange something.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Catchphrases so secret, I don't even know what they are!

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I'm moving to Philly on Sunday, so I'm definitely coming. Both days are going to be awesome.

What are the requirements for proxies used in the Sunday Vintage event? Markers on cards or....?
    Also on the preregistration page of the website it asks for a Tshirt size. Will there be free swag shirts?!

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Arksz View Post
    What are the requirements for proxies used in the Sunday Vintage event? Markers on cards or....?
    Reposted from The Mana Drain

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy Guidelines
    All proxies must follow these guidelines:

Please do not use the back of a Magic card for a proxy!

There are two types of acceptable proxies. The first and most basic is taking a basic land card and writing the details of the card on it. The second method is to take a card that shares some of the characteristics with the card that is being proxied and erasing any characteristics that do not match, replacing them with the correct characteristics.

All proxies must have the following text neatly printed, using a extra fine point Sharpie. Ball point pens may not be used:

• The full name of the card (no abbreviations or nicknames)
    • Correct casting cost of the card including all colored mana symbols
    • All relevant/game effecting text

When choosing what card to use as the base for an erased proxy players must follow these rules:

• The mana cost of the base spell must be the same as the card being proxied.
    • The type of the card being proxied must be the same as the base card.
    • The power/toughness of a creature being proxied must be the same as the base creature's power/toughness.
    • When proxying a creature, it may be difficult to find a creature where all characteristics match. In this case, mana cost is the most important, followed by the P/T, followed by the sub-type. Any characteristics that do not match must be erased and corrected.
    • The art box, card name, and text box must be totally erased. White out may not be used for this as it affects the stiffness and thickness of the card and may mark it.
    • When adding text to the card do not use a ball point pen. An extra fine point Sharpie is the best thing to use. A ball point pen can cause indentations on the card, marking it.
    • For reasons of clarity, the use of cards with the new card frame is strongly encouraged
    Matt Bevenour in real life

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

I know it's a bit last minute, but does anyone from Boston have a spare seat and bunk? Turns out I can actually go.

Thread Information