Thread: [GP Seattle 2015] Vintage Side Event(s)

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

[GP Seattle 2015] Vintage Side Event(s)

It's still incredibly early, but we want to try to get some Vintage side events to fire at the event next year. Cascade Games (the TO) has already said they'll support it if there's demand. With that in mind, please let them know the demand is there.

https://twitter.com/cascadegamesllc/...41210546290688

Note: This is a Legacy GP, so there will be lots of eternal players there. Having it Day 2 would be optimal so those in contention wouldn't miss it. Multiple events would be even better.

Re: [GP Seattle 2015] Vintage Side Event(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whippoorwill View Post
    It's still incredibly early, but we want to try to get some Vintage side events to fire at the event next year. Cascade Games (the TO) has already said they'll support it if there's demand. With that in mind, please let them know the demand is there.

https://twitter.com/cascadegamesllc/...41210546290688

Note: This is a Legacy GP, so there will be lots of eternal players there. Having it Day 2 would be optimal so those in contention wouldn't miss it. Multiple events would be even better.
    I would love to play vintage, but you must realize that the cards these days, T1 cards are astronomically high. I would recommend allowing participants to have 15 maximum amount of proxies so they can actually make a competitive deck, with force of wills power 9, or Mishra's workshops, Imperial seal, mana drain's etc.

Other wise I don't see a good turn out. People just do not have the old vintage cards and/or don't have $5,000 to drop on a black lotus or moxe's or other power cards they need for a reasonable deck that they could compete with the other players who have the real cards.

I had like every card made for a while till I sold everything, Power 9 Imperial seal, you name it I had it. I just got back into vintage, don't even have a set of wills yet,
    let's not get started with the cost of dual lands $150 and up for the good one's, minimum, Underground seat is at $250-$290 right now.

I would love to playtest vintage but I have no clue where to go to do that. There is not a big following for vintage, and Magic Online is a joke, I can't buy packs for oath of druids or vintage masters is not selling anymore. It's ridiculous. Magic workstation has no players anymore. I just dropped $700 for my vintage deck, as close as I could get it to vintage, no force of wills, so, considering most people are not rich, proxies would be a great idea 15 max would be a good start if not 20.

Let me know if that will work, I would love to play in a tournament and start playtesting with other people. Wash33Seattle@gmail.com is my email

You'd be surprised. GP New Jersey had a sanctioned vintage side event/no proxies and the turnout was pretty incredible. Vintage champs has been growing in attendance numbers as well. The price of power skyrocketing over the past 8 months is due to renewed demand in vintage/people have the cards. I myself am fully powered as well as multiple people in the twin cities. I can only imagine it's greater in places like the northeast and southwest.

I doubt proxies at a vintage side event in Seattle no less would go over well with WotC.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Fisha View Post
    Other wise I don't see a good turn out. People just do not have the old vintage cards and/or don't have $5,000 to drop on a black lotus or moxe's or other power cards they need for a reasonable deck that they could compete with the other players who have the real cards.
    Definitely not true. We had a 20 person sanctioned vintage FNM last month with 19 real decks. We're doing another this Friday. People here have power and want to play.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Apr 2014
    Seattle area

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    Definitely not true. We had a 20 person sanctioned vintage FNM last month with 19 real decks. We're doing another this Friday. People here have power and want to play.
    When / Where are these vintage tourneys?

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Quote Originally Posted by d0nkey View Post
    When / Where are these vintage tourneys?
    I think it was at the Mox Boarding House in Seattle.

Mar 2014
    Boston

Bumping for interest in Seattle/Portland Vintage as I am making a business trip out there and would love to sling some power.
    Playing some variety of delver.

When will you be in the Seattle area?

If you can't make one of the Vintage events you may be able to catch some pick up games at the weekly Legacys. I usually have my proxy Vintage gauntlet with me.

Mar 2014
    Boston

30th-9th. I'd also play in a legacy event!
    Playing some variety of delver.

Thread Information