Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Results 481 to 492 of 492

Thread: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

  1. #481

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    New to Grixis Control and brewing a list up right now and not sure about a maindeck choice. I thoughted of playing one Blood Moon in the main deck and one in the side, due to budget reasons I am heavy on Basics, but not sure, if it is good enough especally as random 1-of. Blood Moon destroys a few decks alone, but also can be completly dead. So not sure, if Moon makes sense and if I should play 1 main. That`s the mana base I would like to play:

    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Badlands
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Island (maybe + 1 if 21 lands total is better)
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain

  2. #482
    Member
    LarsLeif's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2014
    Location

    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts

    262

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkhole View Post
    New to Grixis Control and brewing a list up right now and not sure about a maindeck choice. I thoughted of playing one Blood Moon in the main deck and one in the side, due to budget reasons I am heavy on Basics, but not sure, if it is good enough especally as random 1-of. Blood Moon destroys a few decks alone, but also can be completly dead. So not sure, if Moon makes sense and if I should play 1 main. That`s the mana base I would like to play:

    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Badlands
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Island (maybe + 1 if 21 lands total is better)
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    I think you should look at legacy superstar Yuta Takahashi's manabase in his Grixis Control list from PT 25, I think that it's a really good take on a manabase and it also allows you to play Moon/B2B if you want to.

    Link: https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-08-05

  3. #483

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsLeif View Post
    I think you should look at legacy superstar Yuta Takahashi's manabase in his Grixis Control list from PT 25, I think that it's a really good take on a manabase and it also allows you to play Moon/B2B if you want to.

    Link: https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-08-05
    Thank you. I have tried the mana base with Blood Moon main, mana base was solid, but works better with more duals. Also Blood Moon in the main was really underwhelming it doesn`t fit the game plan and most of the time it was dead in hand. Maybe moon is worth 1 or 2 slots in the sideboard for improving the Eldrazi and Lands matchup, which are difficult for Grixis.

  4. #484

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    What is the worst hate card against us in Delver / Shadow Decks, other than Liliana, the last Hope? Winter Worb, Biterblossom, TNN, Liliana, Sulfuric Vortex, any others?

  5. #485

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by silinhateamtop View Post
    What is the worst hate card against us in Delver / Shadow Decks, other than Liliana, the last Hope? Winter Worb, Biterblossom, TNN, Liliana, Sulfuric Vortex, any others?
    Last hope/darkblast are the best way to fight through grixis control with delver/shadow. You're better off killing strixes and pushing damage through than trying to fight them in the long game. I think that BB is too slow and it's too easy to control now that everyone is running last hope, it doesn't do anything if you aren't getting it down early. I haven't run into vortex in a while but I can see it doing some work, it seems like kind of a liability though against a deck that can pressure really fast with bolt snapcaster bolt and angler.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

    Good day.

  6. #486
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jun 2013
    Location

    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts

    1,658

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by silinhateamtop View Post
    What is the worst hate card against us in Delver / Shadow Decks, other than Liliana, the last Hope? Winter Worb, Biterblossom, TNN, Liliana, Sulfuric Vortex, any others?
    The number of times I've killed my opponents with their Bitterblossoms is comparable to the number of times their Bitterblossoms have killed me. It's much scarier maindeck alongside Pyromancer than it is out of the board, when Control ia going to have more sweepers and probably more Liliana, the Last Hope (if they aren't maindecking two to begin with). A 3 Bolt/2 Push split (rather than the stock 3 Push/2 Bolt) is pretty reasonable if you aren't seeing many Shadows or Tarmogoyfs, and is a very good way to steal games against a Bitterblossom.

  7. #487
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2017
    Location

    Netherlands
    Posts

    25

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...ol-60679#paper

    This deck felt really close to what grixis is trying to do. How do people feel it compares to grixis?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  8. #488
    Member
    DemolitionColorScheme's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2013
    Location

    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts

    116

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofurea View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetyp...ol-60679#paper

    This deck felt really close to what grixis is trying to do. How do people feel it compares to grixis?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    The consensus is; unfavorable. Pyroblast and K-Command are just superior tools; especially the Blasts.

  9. #489

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    I've not played against lands since a while... actually since A LOT, (probably when deathrite was still legal) since in my local area only one player used to play that deck and dropped it for a while.
    Now the nightmare is back, and it's me or game one is almost unbeatable?
    even post board I struggle...

  10. #490

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Generally it is about 20/80 pre board. Post board if you run Blood Moon and Surgical it can be like 40/60. Beware of Choke post board ;)

  11. #491

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    Quote Originally Posted by kubalonek View Post
    Generally it is about 20/80 pre board. Post board if you run Blood Moon and Surgical it can be like 40/60. Beware of Choke post board ;)
    Nice numbers we got :(

  12. #492

    Re: [DTB] Grixis Control / Thieves

    I see that the GP list pretty much all had the same sideboard plan
    so blood moon (pretty obvious), a lonely spell pierce and 2 bitterblossom

    What are the indication of these choices?
    I never liked the lonely pierce, seems weak running a lonely "early/mid game counter" in a deck that is slow as grixis
    What about bitterblossom? I personally run Engineered plague in the board, so I don't fear that much, I can't remove the blossom, they can't remove the plague /mirror match speaking/ I win
    It's also blanked by Liliana the last hope, wheter we are speaking of the mirror or against grixis delver.
    Surely it's helpful against miracle, but, is that the only real application or I am missing other uses?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)