Thread: Iggy Pop

Iggy Pop

Anyone remember this deck? I used to hear a lot about it. Was it distinct from Spanish Inquisition? I'd like to hear the history on it

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Re: Iggy Pop

Quote Originally Posted by gainsay View Post
    Anyone remember this deck? I used to hear a lot about it. Was it distinct from Spanish Inquisition? I'd like to hear the history on it
    Funny you ask because I just mentioned it in an article on my blog for decks that just use cards printed in the original frame. The IGGy Pop deck was an early Storm variant that used Lion's Eye Diamond and Ill-Gotten Gains to set up a lethal Tendrils of Agony on the opponent. I'm really not doing the deck any justice, and it's on the short (aka long) list for me to write about - but that won't be for some time. Google should help. Cheers.

Google mostly takes me to SI variants running ill-gotten gains

ta da!

*although the list I remember playing ran 4 Leyline of the Void so that T1 "Twisting" your opponent out of the game was a viable strategy.

Was a fun deck, but things have evolved :/
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Yes the deck was using IGG and intuitions as a storm engine and it had leylines for turn 1 one sided mind twist.
    Then wizards printed infernal tutor and grave hate became a thing.

I don't remember where but someone talked about the deck recently using helm of obedience as an additionnal combo.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Banned
    Nov 2005
    Sigil, Center of the Planes - Italian district

You could also search on The Source

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Pretty much obsolesced by the current ANT decks. Was a sweet combo back inna day, but this is when FlameVault was a thing (aka, ancient history for most people.)

Obv was teh roflez with a Leyline.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Turn-one Leyline into an Ill-Gotten Gains either turn one or turn two still seems fine by me.

Thread Information