Thread: 2015 changes to SCG's Legacy coverage and prize support:

2015 changes to SCG's Legacy coverage and prize support:

Article here and Reddit discussion here.

Ignore this thread if this has already been posted elsewhere.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Re: 2015 changes to SCG's Legacy coverage and prize support:

Quote Originally Posted by easysantiago View Post
    ...SCG Open Changes...
    I suspect most people talking about how Legacy got the short end of the stick under the new schedule are people who haven't actually traveled to / played in an Open recently. This is really the best solution in terms of scheduling, and they have been very open about this (and that they would consider expanding the Legacy or Modern schedule, according to demand.) I will say I had not seen the Reddit discussion, and having skimmed the first page, I think I will continue to be ignorant of it. The fact that Reddit is considered to be a reasonable discussion venue is tragic.

The biggest, unarguable downside is that we will almost certainly get less streaming and coverage. But the thing people are overlooking is that we have essentially added half a dozen US Legacy GP's to the schedule next year. $5k first place for playing with Dual lands? Yes please.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Its very sad to see only 3(!) Legacy Opens in 6 month now. Usually I was watching the Legacy Opens each Sunday. I understand, why they are changing it, but they should stream the 5k IQ Events too then. Instread they even lower the commentator staff.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

And, as long predicted, Legacy follows the trajectory of Vintage, as SCG has finally reduced its support of Legacy as I predicted several years ago.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

This has indeed already been posted in community discussion

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Opens-in-2015
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Thread Information