Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Gro History and Current Legacy

[Article]Eternal Europe: Gro History and Current Legacy

Well, here you go, number two for this week in compensation for last week. The article inspired by seeing BBD win the GP (note: written before last weekend's Open results).

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...nt-Legacy.html

Enjoy :)
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Gro History and Current Legacy

This article is cheap: it panders to my love of Gro-A-Tog, also nostalgia. ;)

I mean, it's hard not to like an article about the best deck ever made. I like the approach of looking at the past to find solutions today. Though you did note that Legacy doesn't quite have the same constraints put on it that Vintage does.

There are a couple things I think that are unique about the Delve spells that are different than Gush.

1. Incidental graveyard hate is good i.e. Deathrite Shaman in BGx decks and Rest in Peace in the Rip-Helm combo. Both have other uses than than just being GY hate so they aren't bad when they aren't able to perform that function

2. Red Blasts are actually really good against TC and Dig because the Delve is an additional cost so a countered TC leaves the rest stranded in their hand. I don't think that's been explicitly said much but people are adopting REB and Pyroblast en masse so people certainly know.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

Edit: also it's Gro, as in Miracle Gro the plant fertilizer.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Feb 2009
    Germany

I wished you would have talked a bit more about why BBD decided not to run Delver of Secrets in his Treasure Cruise deck. Personally I'm very skeptical whether or not this is right direction evolution should take.
    "I see their moral dilemmas. I see their raw courage. I see their self-sacrifice. I see our victory." (Keep watch)

The strength of one. The courage of ten. (honor Guard)

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I'm surprised there was no mention of Canadian Thresh. I know that the mentioned decks are Wastelandless, but still, Stifle RUG is so important deck of the blue tempo shell, moreover it evolved into lots of other decks (be it BUG Stifle, New Horizons), dead or alive today.
    Writing about my most beloved archetype and making a history excurse? Yeah, I liked the article.

Thread Information