Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casual Project: Bears!!

Re: Casual Project: Bears!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    That's a beautiful deck!
    Have you played it a lot? I missed your last posts by a few months, and I'd be really interested in the bears' life; I'm great fan of wildlife.
    Thanks! It really feels like living the wild life with this deck I've been playing it almost every other week.
    Same here about missing your last post unfortunately.. But! I come with pictures and stories!

These guys have been so much fun Apart from just being the coolest thing to put into play, they win games against strong casual decks. My favourite game so far was an epic battle between a giant bear army vs eldrazi. Having 9/9 and growing trample bears mauling away on my opponent, while they have to stick huge aliens every turn to keep me from killing them was just the best thing ever.
    Razorclaw Bear is one of my favourite cards now. He's such a brawler! His ability either provides evasion or death to regular blockers.
    Also I'm still in love with the little things this deck can do, you know, the ones I was looking for during development. E.g. calling an additional bear out of a Tranquil Thicket via Words of Wilding, with Coat of Arms in play has won me games.

Regarding your concerns, Primal Rage turned out to be vital to actually get damage past opposing blocks. I think that's just how our casual meta works. Loads of small and disposable blocks. But I'm thinking about dropping Caller of the Claw. It's a really falvourful card but as far as I remember it actually did stuff in only one game. So this might be where Collective Unconscious will go. Thanks for reminding me.
    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is my source of Overrun. It takes an additional turn, but the possibility of several activations + his tree friends ability make him a lot better than single overruns. Also we developed this kind of lore to my deck, where the bears want to enter the 'Sylvan Library of druids' to learn stuff, but only the Werebears were already smart enough to disguise themselves as druids Kamahl is the friendly bouncer who constantly has to take out the other bears that try to sneak in. There is no way I could drop him now. What would the other druids say?

I'd like to finish this with one of my favourite moments in MtG ever, which was provided by Coat of Arms. After spawning a bunch of bears and declaring attack one of my friends fearfully shouted: G-GUYS? Does anyone have some wizards or.. um.. cats?

Re: Casual Project: Bears!!

Update from my last post: I swapped Caller of the Claw for Collective Unconscious and really have to say that I like it. It takes the deck from mid to late game or reloads when I'm stuck with just a few Grizzly Bears (meaning the 2/2 body). Again thanks for the reminder BDP!

Also another little sneaky play came into being during the last game. I had Kamahl, Fist of Krosa and Drop of Honey in play and noticed I can use him to plant bee-hives everywhere! Yesss..
    Excuse my flowery description
    I used his tree friends ability and turned threatening opposing lands into 1/1 creatures, which then were destroyed by Drop of Honey. It was beautiful.

Thread Information