1 Karn Liberated
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Enchantment
    1 Stranglehold

//Instant
    1 Chaos Warp

//Commander:
    1 Daretti, Scrap Savant

Yeah, another Stax.dec - but why Daretti?
    I started designing this Deck as an aggressive, graveyard abusing "cheat-a-fattie-into-play". Well, that still might be the case, but under other circumstances. Daretti is extremely powerful as General, and he doesn't die to creature removal, but he has one downside: he is a planeswalker. That means, he can be directly attacked, which means, he won't last long on the board, as soon your enemies recognize how nuts this buddy can go. Therefore -> STAX!

Why Stax?
    Stax cards like Smokestack, Winter Orb, Tangle Wire, [...etc...] are MASSIVELY slowing and locking down the board. People need to sacrifice alot of Permanents, can rarely cast cards due to things like Winter Orb or Static Orb and be most likely unable to attack. Since Daretti, Scrap Savant isn't a creature, he will not die to most of the board wipes. That being said, you will be able to create nasty Stax-Locks, slowing down your opponents, making the way free for Daretti doing his insane things and bringing huge buddys like Platinum Emperion or Wurmcoil Engine on the board.

For that to work, the Deck has alot of mana ramp, which will make you cast creatures and other things even if you are completely tapped out on lands. Magus of the Moon damages the enemies Mana base even further, while he is valuable for your own mana base, since he perfectly harmonizes with things like Gauntlet of Might and Gauntlet of Power, making your nonbasic Lands even better.

I play alot of Destruction, to make the Stax cards even more stupid. And even if your Lock-cards are going into the bin - Daretti is there to bring them back in and start the fun all over again! For example - board is not in your favor? Slam a Jokulhaups, that kills everything except your commander, because he is a planeswalker, so he can bring back the mean things - sounds good, right?

-> Cards I want to include:

1 Blood Moon
    Last edited by kryllex; 09-23-2015 at 02:11 PM.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Re: [EDH] Daretti, Scrap Savant

You might consider jokulhaups or other board wipes. Also crucible of worlds and Winter's orb if you are interested in landlock.

How does blightsteel work with commander dmg or poison?

Is the deck 1V1 or geared towards multiplayer?

Yeah, Jokulhaups seems nice!
    As far as I know, Infect in EDH is the same as in other formats; 10 poison counters are Lethal.
    After thinking about it, i don't think ill get Blightsteel Colossus into the 99, since he never touches the Graveyard at all, and 1 Kuldotha is too low to search for him, which makes him pretty random and too high casting cost to play him from the Hand in the early turns.

Right now, i just tested it in 1v1 Matches, but will probably bring it to a multiplayer round the next days to see what happens and how i perform.
    Also, i'll bring in 1-2 artifact destruction, alá shattering spree.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

You might also consider Staff of Domination, Gauntlet of Power, Gauntlet of Might, Mirrorworks, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Sculpting Steel and Summoning Station.

Summoning station is decent against sweepers by putting multiple triggers on the stack.

Im working on the deck right now, seems powerful in multiplayer. It doesn't seem great against anything that interacts heavily on the stack (blue).

I added Sculpting Steel in the Deck, luckily I had one around.
    Holy Moly, Mirrorworks seems insane! I will definitely get a Slot for that one.
    I wont add Gauntlet of Might, because its ridiculously expensive and I don't like Proxies.

The experience I made with the Deck so far, is, that it can either have a slow start and get extremely explosive a few turns later, or an super fast start with a insane Hand. Starts vary alot, but it gets consistently strong during Midgame.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovakia

two cards to reconsider - making blightsteel even deadlier
    Lifeline
    Sneak Attack
    one warning
    people will not like you with these, as Lifeline`s rules are like whole two pages. but it`s worth it since you can`t access black and white reanimation here.
    To win is an option, to play is must.
    Deck can be competitive, but player have to use his common sense how to play it in different metas.
    I began as Timmy and ended up as Johnny

Lifeline does not work with Blightsteel Colossus, because he never hits the Graveyard at all. I dont like Sneak Attack in that Shell, because i feel like i should play more Fatties, especially Eldrazis, and since i am Mono-Red, i dont have acess to alot other big dudes.

Hey kryllex I really like your list and I have been playing a similar Daretti list myself. How do you feel about the x-mana sweepers and caged sun and gauntlet of power? I found that after the first few turns of the game I rely on my actual lands for mana less and less. As long as I'm making my drops I'm not needing to make BIG mana. I have been playing more of unfun list as well running winter orb, torpor orb and smoke stack. Also complimenting the mycosynth lattice with vandalblast and viashino heretic. Another cool thing you can abuse is prototype portal and ugin's nexus and any artifact sac outlet for infinite turns. Mirrorworks is super good with myr battlesphere and precurser golem to win with hellkite tyrant or just get general value. If you want I can post my whole list later. After reading your list I know I want to test hellkite igniter, sculpting steel and ring of three wishes. Thanks for the ideas.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovakia

Quote Originally Posted by kryllex View Post
    Lifeline does not work with Blightsteel Colossus, because he never hits the Graveyard at all. I dont like Sneak Attack in that Shell, because i feel like i should play more Fatties, especially Eldrazis, and since i am Mono-Red, i dont have acess to alot other big dudes.
    well the basics are CIP effects, or sacrifice to do something effects, you don`t want to play chubby creatures, but utility creatures. And using surprise is one of red strategies.
    Stranglehold
    this is also one annoying thing
    To win is an option, to play is must.
    Deck can be competitive, but player have to use his common sense how to play it in different metas.
    I began as Timmy and ended up as Johnny

Needs more Defense Grid!

@bigwerdz Caged Sun and Gauntlet of Power where awesome in every game i had them. I really like having acess to alot of mana, since it gives me the chance to do A LOT of funny things in my turns! And some things here are pretty mana intensive. I am very satisfied with them.

I also considered Stranglehold , the only reason i dont have it in my list is that i dont have one yet.
    Defense Grid is fine too, going to pick one up.

Thread Information