Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [EDH] Daretti, Scrap Savant

Re: [EDH] Daretti, Scrap Savant

Uldated the list. I cut some Big dudes that never did something special, like Bosh, Iron Golem or Karn, Silver Golem and added up some spicier Cards like Ugin, the Spirit Dragon and Artisan of Kozilek, that really fits into this style of Deck.
    Furthermore, i added alot of Stax effects, to keep the Board under control until i can Wipe everything with Ugin or start to 1shot people with Blightsteel Colossus. Also, i added two more Draw spells: Wild Guess and Tormenting Voice. They are absolutetly amazing and the additional discard on them is pretty sweet to get something big into the grave.

I really like proliferate effects - and Throne of Geth specifically - in Daretti. Especially if you're on the mono-sweepers, "Make 'em suffer" plan, charging straight to Daretti's ultimate makes it very hard to lose the game. Throne in particular is great because you can use it in response to targeted exile effects to save artifacts you want to keep.

Hell yeah, the Throne seems pretty sweet to tick Daretti up pretty fast. On the other hand, i never ultimated with Daretti. Never, ever. Simply because, as soon as he gets into play and my enemies realize how nuts this guy goes being ignored, he is the #1 target at the table - everytime.

Updated the Thread a bit, talking about Stax and stuff. Also found a sweet full-art Daretti (damn, looks cool!!).

I have ulted darretti a few times and it typically just makes my opponents scoop. I don't know about adding things to speed it up though. It's just one of those things that if it happens you are winning anyways. I had tried a small planeswalker package with a chain veil and didn't care for it.

Update:
    I cut the Following cards:

1 Mana Web
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    1 Koth of the Hammer
    1 Starstorm
    1 Mind Stone
    1 Unstable Obelisk

Mana Web was just bad without another combo piece, Spine was too slow. Koth never did something great, neither did he stick to the Table long enough. Starstorm was OK, but i found a better update. The two Mana stones got exchanged with better ones.

I added the following cards:

1 Lodestone Golem
    1 Jokulhaups
    1 Wildfire
    1 Mizzium Mortars
    1 Mox Opal
    1 Mox Diamond

Finally found a slot for the Golem! I really like him, and he also brings some beats. Jokulhaups resets the Game if i want to and does not even touch my Daretti! Wildfire and Mizzium Mortars are better Board wipes then the ones i cut ofr it and i really like them. Mox Opal and Diamond are super awesome and allow me some insane Turn1 Plays.

UPDATE:
    I changed ALOT. Like, really. I don't wan't to post every card i changed, you can see the momental list at the start of the thread. But i cut cards like the Moxen and a few Beatsticks, because they felt like too much All-In, and added more reliable mana sources and better threats. I redesigned the Deck, it lost some parts of aggro, but got alot more control parts. Already won a few games without even casting the commander, which was not really possible before in this type of deck for me. I am really satisfied with the List right now! :)

Mini Update:
    Mizzium Mortars went out for Burning of Xinye. I just really want to kill everything

Also, I started to foil the Deck. I just absolutely love it, it feels so fun to play.
    I am so glad that i got my Hands on a Gauntlet of Might after a long time. Such a sexy card God, I love EDH.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwerdz View Post
    I have ulted darretti a few times and it typically just makes my opponents scoop. I don't know about adding things to speed it up though. It's just one of those things that if it happens you are winning anyways. I had tried a small planeswalker package with a chain veil and didn't care for it.
    From my experience: the best thing to speed up an ultimate from Daretti is: turn 1, mana, Lion's Eye Diamond, Daretti. The bad part is that such a play is a TOTAL gamble: you have equal chances of winning on the spot (say, if you reanimate something relevant later on (or on the same turn)) as you have to lose Daretti on the crackback and then spend the rest of the game (if you don't scoop right away :P) getting completely buried in card advantage because you just 'betted' your whole hand on that play. :/

However, if it works and you get to ultimate Daretti, all you need is an untapped Mindslaver and enough mana and you have the game on the bag.

I have changed daretti many times but it still lacks the pace. Spine of Ish Sah too was bit slow. Trying to find solution.

Quote Originally Posted by davindasingh74 View Post
    I have changed daretti many times but it still lacks the pace. Spine of Ish Sah too was bit slow. Trying to find solution.
    Daretti attempts to compensate the lack of efficient tutoring effects in monored with a visceral engine of card advantage/value contained in Daretti's +2 ability. I feel the best way to take the best out of the deck is combining soft stax effects (Mesmeric Orb, Ensnaring Bridge and so on) with cards that generate value alone but combo off together (the whole KCI combo, for example, is composed entirely of cards that generate good deeds of advantage when played alone or sac'ced for Daretti's -2, but together can win you the game on the spot - same for the interaction between L.E.D., Wheel of Fortune and Underworld Breach), a few utility spells like board wipes and spot removals and the best possible ramps you can find.

That's the optimal combination. Takes good advantage of the few draws Daretti will get to take when on the battlefield before getting killed, has a huge potential of winning the game out of the blue and is resilient enough to take a few counterspells/removals and brave through them.
    Last edited by pedropohren; 09-25-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information