Thread: Best Forum for Modern

Hybrid View

Best Forum for Modern

Looking to try modern. This forum doesn't appear to be too active. Is there a really good Modern forum somewhere else?

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Re: Best Forum for Modern

For modern, the forums over at mtgsalvation are much more active, although I'm generally not too impressed with the content over there.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    For modern, the forums over at mtgsalvation are much more active, although I'm generally not too impressed with the content over there.
    You've got to sift through shit loads of, well, shit to find the goods but it's there. Some people actively playtest and have insightful things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    There's a lot of dumb people over there--then again, The Source is not without its share of dullards either--but there's still some good discussion.

MTGS has the most discussion out of any place, but you have to sift through a lot of junk. It also has the ignore user feature which is amazing and will add years back to your life. I think my ignore user list is at a couple hundred people.

Reddit has a lot of junk as well, and there's no ignore user feature (unless you download mods?)

http://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ModernMagic/

the spike reddit has higher quality posts, but not that much modern talk. the modern reddit has more modern posts, but most are low quality

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, I'm pretty sad that there's no good forum for Modern either. I go to mtgsalvation to discuss a few decks I like, simply because there is no other option. But, it gets really frustrating because the quality of posts is way down (on average) compared to here. If you find any better place, let me know. It's also frustrating because there's only frequent activity for some types of decks. For example, I don't get many or any responses for new deck ideas I'm working on in a lot of cases, and responses for fringe decks are few and far between a lot of times.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Its very hard to get a discussion going on Titan Scapeshift pretty much anywhere as it always devolves into "Why aren't you playing RUG Scapeshift?"

Thread Information