Thread: true named nemesis versus Gilder Draker or Sower of Temptation

true named nemesis versus Gilder Draker or Sower of Temptation

Hello

I have a question

If opponent put a True named nemesis. Can I put gilded drake or Sower temptation and gain control of it? I think that I can't but I ask for be sure

Thanks

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: true named nemesis versus Gilder Draker or Sower of Temptation

If you have to Target it you can't. If you may choose a creature you can. So it depends on the oracle texting of the cards you mentioned.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    If you have to Target it you can't. If you may choose a creature you can. So it depends on the oracle texting of the cards you mentioned.

When Gilded Drake enters the battlefield, exchange control of Gilded Drake and up to one target creature an opponent controls. If you don't make an exchange, sacrifice Gilded Drake.

"up to one target" => so I think that with Gilder it's not possible

sower => When Sower of Temptation enters the battlefield, gain control of "target" creature. Not possible too

The 2 cards avec the word "Target" so I think that it's not possible to gain control of true-named nemesis

"Protection" means an object can't be: Damaged, Enchanted/Equipped, Blocked, Targeted (DEBT) by sources of the specified quality.

Gilded Drake's ability targets, and it can't target True Name Nemesis because of protection.

Juxtapose would work, because it doesn't target the creature (assuming of course TNN was the opponent's highest CMC creature and that you controlled a creature - exchanges only happen when both sides have something valid to exchange).
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    May 2008
    Connecticut

Council's Judgment can also get rid of TNN because it does not target.
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

-G.L.M.

Thread Information