Thread: Top4 GPNJ - Play the game, see the world

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Top4 GPNJ - Play the game, see the world

Here's my tournament report from GP NJ!

Let me know what you think, and if you'd like to see more Legacy content over at SCG, then leave a comment and I may be able to contribute Legacy stuff more frequently!

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: Top4 GPNJ - Play the game, see the world

Thumbs up! People can learn from this.

"I also faced an Abzan deck which isn't the best matchup if built and tailored correctly. In the first game, I had to use six copies of Swords to Plowshares, five copies of Terminus, and three copies of Jace, the Mind Sculptor to stay alive. Then I cast Entreat the Angels for seven and still had to cast a second Entreat the Angels to win on one life. This game was a pleasure to play and a good example of Legacy's wide range of good decks."
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Looks awesome. Have to read it tomorrow.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

was quite good, I left a comment over there, but over here I'd like to add: Please, Please, PLEASE, write more frequently for SCG, or just more frequently period. SCG basically only has Carsten on their regular roster who's any good for legacy strategy and theory, though BBD and others put together good decklist and metagame articles, they don't have the same level of skill at writing the strategy and theory articles that you and Carsten do. We've got Carsten for busted combo and card drawing, you for control, SCG just needs to find a writer for delver with the same level of detailed theoretical analysis.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

It's not Philipp's fault his articles don't get published more often. This one for example was submitted months ago. If you want more good content, comment and like as much as you can on their website; and tell your friends to do the same. And their mothers.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

May 2011
    Noricum

If you'd like to see more Legacy content, let SCG know either through Like/comment or here:

https://sales.starcitygames.com/cont....php?emailid=2

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Great article. I especially liked this part:

"Luckily, Rudy Briksza, who was watching the match, caught the mistake and called a judge, which resulted in the obligatory game loss. I am very thankful for this, as I would not have known what to do if I or somebody else realized it later."

It is nice to see a mature viewpoint and a willingness to admit fault rather than just complaining about a tough break.
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by afb0032 View Post
    Great article. I especially liked this part:

"Luckily, Rudy Briksza, who was watching the match, caught the mistake and called a judge, which resulted in the obligatory game loss. I am very thankful for this, as I would not have known what to do if I or somebody else realized it later."

It is nice to see a mature viewpoint and a willingness to admit fault rather than just complaining about a tough break.
    Thank you very much, Sir!

Greetings

Thread Information