Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: What Is Legacy Part II

[Article]Eternal Europe: What Is Legacy Part II

The continuation of my thoughts about Legacy, its role and identity:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...cy-Part-2.html

Enjoy :)

PS: I guess the B&R announcement is much more captivating right now, but, well, can't write about something before I know about it ;)
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: What Is Legacy Part II

I think this series has been really good for the format (at least, for those of us who like to intellectualize everything), and I'm really glad that you and H have started this discussion.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mon,Goblin Chief View Post

PS: I guess the B&R announcement is much more captivating right now, but, well, can't write about something before I know about it ;)
    You lost the chance of being heralded as a prophet had you been correct though.

I love game philosophy articles and this one is no exception :)
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Shine On
    Oct 2009
    Canada

This series was great! I think you really hit the Format nail on the head; I'd even say I agree with your evaluation 100%, if I believed in absolutes ;)

I especially like how you point to the preference of archetype leading to increased strategic diversity amongst players; there really is something for everyone in Legacy, and it is a very important factor when considering whether something is warping he format. Does everyone still have a choice of deck to play within their preferred strategy? If yes, then excellent. If not, then something should probably be done.

I also like the distinction between power-level ceilings amongst the archetypes; as we've seen, Cruise pushed too many other aggressive decks out of the format and thus that was the only choice left for those so inclined.

Insightful and thought-provoking. Slam Dunk Carsten!

Cheers

I commented on the SCG article, I'll comment here now: I will be EXTREMELY disappointed with you if next week's SCG article doesn't include something with both P9 and a playset of gifts ungiven.

Consider yourself on notice, I will boycott your articles for a couple of hours if I don't see something vintage-gifts-ungiveny next week.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Fantastic series.

Thread Information