Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my list that I played to a T8 finish in a 30ish man tourney earlier this month. This was my first larger (bigger than a weekly event) tournament in 4+ years since the last time I 'quit' - I've had to put a lot of time into reading/studying/getting caught up on the format. I definitely committed some grievous misplays, but I was pretty satisfied with how the deck operated overall - there are some pretty good lines of play (T1 Discard into T2 Discard with Spell Snare up).

List:

Creatures:
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Dark Confidant
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 Death's Shadow
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Instant:
4 Mana Leak
3 Spell Snare
4 Abrupt Decay
1 Slaughter Pact
2 Dismember
1 Go for the Throat
2 Funeral Charm

Sorcery:
4 Thoughtseize
3 Inquisition of Kozilek

Land:
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
1 Verdant Catacomb
2 Watery Grave
2 Breeding Pool
1 Overgrown Tomb
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Forest
2 Twilight Mire

Sideboard:
4 Fulminator Mage
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Damnation
2 Golgari Charm
1 Nature's Claim
2 Negate
1 Spell Pierce
1 Spellskite

I did not draw Tasigur all day! Goyfs were MVPs (or more spefically, Goyf + Targeted Discard). Bob died a lot. Death's Shadow was pretty sucky to have opening hand, especially against decks that do no early damage. I did manage to end a game with an Urborg on board and an attacking Death's Shadow with Funeral Charm granting swampwalk. The deck did seem slow and clunky at times because of my card choices so I made the following changes:

-4 Dark Confidant
-2 Death's Shadow
-2 Urborg
-2 Funeral Charm
-2 Creeping Tar Pit

+4 Delver of Secrets
+2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
+4 Stubborn Denial
+2 Maelstrom Pulse

I quickly found Delver to be sub-optimal without Serum Visions helping guarantee flips/smooth draws. Sadly, I'm a little too proud (cheap?) to buy a set - paying $7+ for a common just seems awful to me.

Having a 4+/X power creature on board is sweet with Stubborn Denial in hand and actually shores up the Tron and Burn matchups pretty well! I am still actively tweaking my sideboard and will let you know when I settle on a final version.

So now I'm at:

Creatures:
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Dark Confidant
2 Snapcaster Mage
3 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
3 Scavenging Ooze

Enchantment:
4 Bitterblossom

Instant:
4 Mana Leak
3 Stubborn Denial
3 Spell Snare
4 Abrupt Decay
1 Slaughter Pact
2 Dismember
1 Go for the Throat

Sorcery:
4 Thoughtseize
3 Inquisition of Kozilek

Land:
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
1 Verdant Catacomb
2 Watery Grave
2 Breeding Pool
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Forest
2 Twilight Mire

I'm considering a build with Pulses and Ashiok main. Does anyone have any suggestions?