Thread: Ran-KOR Spiritdancer (G/W Aura Stompy)

Jan 2014
    Germany

Ran-KOR Spiritdancer (G/W Aura Stompy)

Welcome to my brew !
    This deck is all about Aura Stompy. It's a port from the modern G/W Auras (Bogle) deck.
    You try to pump you Hexprof Creature's with some insane Aura's and win as soon as possible

4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    3 Gladecover Scout

You have some non Hexprof Creature's like :

4 Kor Spiritdancer
    //Kor is really strong and generates card advantage
    1 Aura Gnarlid
    // Just a good beater
    3 Argothian Enchantress
    //Card advantage but you cant enchant him

This guys want to get a bit stronger that's why we use Aura's

4 Rancor
    4 Ethereal Armor
    2 Spider Umbra
    4 Hyena Umbra
    2 Ancestral Mask
    3 Flickering Ward
    // You can bounce it and replay it for draws just saying

Other Spells you want to play

1 Berserk
    3 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl

And Your Mana base:

3 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Plains
    8 Forest
    4 Windswept Heath

The SB is really crappy right now I just threw some cards together

4 Rest in Peace
    3 Oblivion Ring
    2 Seal of Cleansing
    1 Seal of Primordium
    4 Leyline of Sanctity

Why play this deck and not Infect?
    Pro
    This deck has a constant redraw after using your spells and your Creatures often have Hexprof and you don't care about spot removel.
    Con
    It is slower and it's has not blue in it for cantrips or counterspells.

My English isn't the best when you find some typos just leave me a message

Here is the Decklist:

4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    3 Gladecover Scout
    4 Kor Spiritdancer
    1 Aura Gnarlid
    3 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Rancor
    4 Hyena Umbra
    2 Ancestral Mask
    4 Ethereal Armor
    2 Spider Umbra
    3 Flickering Ward
    1 Berserk
    3 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Plains
    8 Forest

SB: 4 Rest in Peace
    SB: 3 Oblivion Ring
    SB: 2 Seal of Cleansing
    SB: 1 Seal of Primordium
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Re: Ran-KOR Spiritdancer (G/W Aura Stompy)

Have you thought about Green Sun's Zenith to increase density of some must-haves like Enchantress?
    I wouldn't play Berserk.
    Four Tresses are necessary, so is the fourth Scout so that you might press and draw since first turns.I'm not so sure about the need for Spider Umbra.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

This was a fairly popular deck in Modern at one time, and you may want to look at those lists for some inspiration. Daybreak Coronet can be a real blowout, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    This was a fairly popular deck in Modern at one time, and you may want to look at those lists for some inspiration. Daybreak Coronet can be a real blowout, for example.
    I know like I said it's just a port
    I don't play Daybreak Coronet because of the Double {W} I play to many forest that I can cast it on 2 Lands that's why I prefer Ancestral Mask it's pumping 2/2 on just one enchantment and goes insane with some more

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Have you thought about Green Sun's Zenith to increase density of some must-haves like Enchantress?
    I wouldn't play Berserk.
    Four Tresses are necessary, so is the fourth Scout so that you might press and draw since first turns.I'm not so sure about the need for Spider Umbra.
    I thought about GSZ but the only Creature's I want to Zenith cost 2 mana and It is just to clonky for 3 mana and coming to late for action.
    Yeah the Berserk is just a try I think I will kick it out but some time it's giving the winning blow.
    I prefer to play 3 Enchantress they are cool when you have them on the board but they are to clonky and they can't get your auras on it because shroud
    What would you put it for Spider umbra ?

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Have any chance in Legacy you must answer in your 75 cards to:
    - Terminus - it doesn't care about Hexproof - its sweeper
    - Faster combo decks, that kill in first 3 turns - so before you can

You running G/W colors which limit your options to hatebears vs Terminus like Gaddock Teeg. I would strongly recomend running GSZ as It was mention upper - it would help find you your hatebears from your sb.

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Have any chance in Legacy you must answer in your 75 cards to:
    - Terminus - it doesn't care about Hexproof - its sweeper
    - Faster combo decks, that kill in first 3 turns - so before you can

You running G/W colors which limit your options to hatebears vs Terminus like Gaddock Teeg. I would strongly recomend running GSZ as It was mention upper - it would help find you your hatebears from your sb.
    Hey thank you for your post :)
    Vs Miracles I have two helping hands ;)
    Kor Spiritdancer and Argothian Enchantress! you want to get one of these two out vs miracles now you just have to play with cautiousness and don't trade to bad. But it's not ideal the Gaddock Teeg is not a bad idea I will try a list include it and build a list with a GSZ.
    And the Fast combos are a real problem to the deck there are you right

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Yeah, Tress is fine but not being able to enchant her is bad. Maybe 3 are enough.

I think you should explore the GSZ route more. What Fatal wrote: you need to answer Terminus, ToA and (to a lesser degree) Chalice of the Void.

Teeg, while he dies to all of the StP/PFire/Decay/Bolts in world, is a great tool against the above cards and he might buy you enough time to win through combat phase.

GSZ might improve your consistency, something you do not exactly lack (4-ofs structure, Tress creatures), but if there is such a thing as too much consistency, I have not discovered it. I'd cut Berserk, both Spider Umbras and another card for the set of GSZ, then I'd try to find a place for one Teeg, with at least one another in sb. Thing is that Teeg is not an autowin against combo - maybe preboard, but surely not postboard -, but you may always play Flickering Ward or something like that to keep him out of harm's way.

I see this as a much faster Enchantress, one that's more about aggro/combo than control. Even though your deck is fast, it still needs a way to stop some of the more annoying stuff like Teminus, which is a huge pain, as it undoes all your achievment, especially considering the immense CA it creates, while CB lock prevents you from further development.

Jan 2014
    Germany

Yeah, Tress is fine but not being able to enchant her is bad. Maybe 3 are enough.

I think you should explore the GSZ route more. What Fatal wrote: you need to answer Terminus, ToA and (to a lesser degree) Chalice of the Void.

Teeg, while he dies to all of the StP/PFire/Decay/Bolts in world, is a great tool against the above cards and he might buy you enough time to win through combat phase.

GSZ might improve your consistency, something you do not exactly lack (4-ofs structure, Tress creatures), but if there is such a thing as too much consistency, I have not discovered it. I'd cut Berserk, both Spider Umbras and another card for the set of GSZ, then I'd try to find a place for one Teeg, with at least one another in sb. Thing is that Teeg is not an autowin against combo - maybe preboard, but surely not postboard -, but you may always play Flickering Ward or something like that to keep him out of harm's way.

I see this as a much faster Enchantress, one that's more about aggro/combo than control. Even though your deck is fast, it still needs a way to stop some of the more annoying stuff like Teminus, which is a huge pain, as it undoes all your achievment, especially considering the immense CA it creates, while CB lock prevents you from further development.
    Here is a GSZ list I build but I don't play test it I added Dryad for some Ramp and 2 Noble Hierarch for some ramp and pump

//New
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Noble Hierarch
    //old
    4 Kor Spiritdancer
    3 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Silhana Ledgewalker
    1 Aura Gnarlid
    1 Wild Growth
    3 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Rancor
    4 Hyena Umbra
    2 Ancestral Mask
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Plains
    7 Forest
    4 Ethereal Armor
    3 Flickering Ward
    1 Gladecover Scout
    1 Wooded Foothills

SB: 3 Rest in Peace
    SB: 3 Oblivion Ring
    SB: 2 Seal of Cleansing
    SB: 1 Seal of Primordium
    SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 1 Qasali Pridemage

I have the fear that the deck is watering out becouse you need the critical mass of auras

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCake View Post
    I have the fear that the deck is watering out becouse you need the critical mass of auras
    Well, that's solid argument.
    I think that you cannot move any further without more testing. Maybe the whole GSZ package could bemoved to sb to form a magazine with fifteen silver bullets? Hard to say...

.. What Fatal wrote: you need to answer Terminus, ToA and (to a lesser degree) Chalice of the Void.
    Fundamentally, a deck with the game plan to drop lots of cards needs some way to recover from sweeper effects. Even with totem armor for regeneration, Engineered Explosives or Pernicious Deed can be pretty costly.

I forget what the deck is called, but people have played the hexproof evasive approach with some success (though that would probably involve blue cards like Invisible Stalker and Cloudform).

You could look at the prowess and heroic cards from recent sets, though I didn't see anything compelling.

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Fundamentally, a deck with the game plan to drop lots of cards needs some way to recover from sweeper effects. Even with totem armor for regeneration, Engineered Explosives or Pernicious Deed can be pretty costly.

I forget what the deck is called, but people have played the hexproof evasive approach with some success (though that would probably involve blue cards like Invisible Stalker and Cloudform).

You could look at the prowess and heroic cards from recent sets, though I didn't see anything compelling.
    I try to build a BANT list with Geist stalker and TNN just for the lulz :)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

I have tried this quite a lot in Legacy and tournaments. As mentioned before its quite easy to stop for a lot of decks; Terminus, chalice of the void @1 or a (sideboarded) Ensnaring Bridge just to mention a few. But also Pyromancer and other token generators stop this quite well (Trample is v important). We have no play vs faster combo decks. Infect has counterspells and thats why that deck works and this one struggles.

Daybreak Coronet is a must, it's absolutely bonkers. You mana acceleration is not needed. It doesent accelerate your deck even (better drop an elf turn one and enchant it turn two rather than dropping a wild growth turn 1). Enchantress is also underperforming, add slippery boggle instead.

Flickering Ward is cute and I have won games thanks to it, but I would play 1 or 2 only.

Cards to consider is Keen sense (card draw) and Armadillo Cloak (better than you think, trample and stackable lifelink is great)

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I think you are referring to Blouses, a UG hexproff, enchantment deck:
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Hexproof-Bant!
    Ignorance is strength

Thread Information