Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: Magic Origins

bruizar

Re: Magic Origins

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJunkie View Post
    I'll go as far to say there are PLENTY of decks/setups where Jace, Vryn's Prodigy is better than Snapcaster Mage. The big disadvantage for Jace is recasting counterspells, but like someone mentioned, you can actually still do that if you are combo and somehow are running Jace. A big advantage of Jace that like everyone, including those who have actually tested him, seem to overlook is how easy it is to use Jace as a 1creature fog as you block and then flip when they attack. Also not having to add 1U to your flashback cost CAN NOT be over-stated especially in a format like Legacy.

New Jace made top8 @ Legacy Championship and the user said it was his best card in his main deck on his interview profile. If you haven't thoroughly tested new Jace in any deck, any format, full of instants and sorceries, you are doing yourself a huge disadvantage. And like Liliana of the Veil who almost always forces you to discard (+1), Jace loots so not only can you filter dead cards, but there is more incentive to playing multiple Jace though I do like the split of x2 Jace/x1 Snapcaster Holland used (but would go 3 Jace if there's room).
    Being able to pitch a blue card to a Force of Will in the graveyard is very strong for combo because you protect your hand for 0 mana unlike Snapcaster Mage that would cost 3 mana at the minimum to protect a spell (via spell pierce) since Snapcaster gives flashback and Jace does not..

Perhaps Unmask can make its way into the legacy scene with Jace backup.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I feel like paying mana for any other reasonable discard spell is still better than Unmask, even with Jace 12.0. Or whatever he's called. Jace-Vern. JV Allstar. Something dumb.

Isn't it the same boat as any Threshold card or Tarmogoyf - enabling it isn't a question, we're all cracking fetchlands and casting efficient spells and so it doesn't really require special means to make it work. The only thing you should ask is which card is it actually better than, and just replace that card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I feel like paying mana for any other reasonable discard spell is still better than Unmask, even with Jace 12.0. Or whatever he's called. Jace-Vern. JV Allstar. Something dumb.

Isn't it the same boat as any Threshold card or Tarmogoyf - enabling it isn't a question, we're all cracking fetchlands and casting efficient spells and so it doesn't really require special means to make it work. The only thing you should ask is which card is it actually better than, and just replace that card.
    ManBoyJace is real. Super cereal.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I've seen Ghirapur Aether Grid used as wincon in Lantern Control and now in Modern Affinity.

Maybe it could have a place in Legacy as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post

Maybe Werebear will make a comeback?

Thread Information