Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Origins

Re: Magic Origins

I haven't even owned a video game system in a decade and a half, and I'm utterly burned out on video game art. Thanks, modern Magic. Bang-up job.

All this art reminds me of late 90's PC adventure games

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

All this art reminds me why I'm so much missing the old times.

Also, will they never stop with the Jacelilianachandraterezzetesperthgarruck bullcrap? It's more annoying than music in Tesco and quite similarly there's nowhere to run from it.
    So dear WotC, would you just fuck off with Jace and co.? Got it?
    Because I'm really, really, really tired of this whole Magic: the 90210.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    All this art reminds me why I'm so much missing the old times.

Also, will they never stop with the Jacelilianachandraterezzetesperthgarruck bullcrap? It's more annoying than music in Tesco and quite similarly there's nowhere to run from it.
    So dear WotC, would you just fuck off with Jace and co.? Got it?
    Because I'm really, really, really tired of this whole Magic: the 90210.
    Walkers are popular, so no.

Although there's at least some Jace fatigue (which even Maro admitted) - doesn't suprise me afte they shit out crappy versions after JMS.

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Unfortunately popular does not equal good, and some of them are definitely over used

There are 57 different planeswalker cards which include :
    6 Garruk's
    5 Jace's
    5 Ajani's
    4 Chandra's
    3 Liliana
    3 Elspeth's
    3 Sarkhan
    3 Sorin
    2 Gideon's
    2 Nissa
    2 Tezzeret

Garruk Jace and Ajani have all been used to much, I would rather see then develop some of the less used (1-2 version walkers) over another Jace or Garruk.

May 2013
    Germany

Neither Garruk nor Ajani are part of the next core set as far as we know; and they mentioned the intention to "replace" Jace with Tamiyo in the future as blues iconic pw.
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much what name/artwork the new planeswalker has if it's unplayable regardless though.
    Current Legacy Decks: Elves, 12Post, Eldrazi Stompy, Burn, Reanimator, Death&Taxes

Everyone and their mom is a planeswalker now. Might as well have grandma Betty from down the street be the next planeswalker for the core set.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Everyone and their mom is a planeswalker now. Might as well have grandma Betty from down the street be the next planeswalker for the core set.
    They'd have to give Betty suspend because it takes all day to get to the battlefield from down the street with that bad hip.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphnir View Post
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much what name/artwork the new planeswalker has if it's unplayable regardless though.
    You grossly underestimate the popularity of ALL Planeswalkers with the casual/kitchen table/edh/whateverthehelltheyplaynow crowd. Most of the stores around town have pretty much every walker they have on display in a case, and they move a LOT of the 'bad' ones (I was just talking about this with one of the owners right after new years - they are putting together a 3rd case just for 'Casual' cards, because they move often enough.)

Granted, at the current print runs, they aren't worth very much, and if they're not playable in constructed formats, they won't be for a long time. But they will still sell sealed product.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphnir View Post
    and they mentioned the intention to "replace" Jace with Tamiyo in the future as blues iconic pw.
    They mentioned that a while a go, yet here we are, with yet another Jace and still no other Tamiyo.

Mar 2007

PAX spoilers are out, the planeswalker are legendary flip creatures that have a trigger condition to get flickered and return as PW. They also showed Liliana, which seemed quite playable, although she has to compete with her Veil version.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Great for “Walking Dead “, works also with pox for value. Note that we get Walkers as Creatures, so Vial, Show & Tell, Zenith, Natural Order or Pod (remember modern ban) get new toys
    TEAM MtG Berlin

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Great for “Walking Dead “, works also with pox for value. Note that we get Walkers as Creatures, so Vial, Show & Tell, Zenith, Natural Order or Pod (remember modern ban) get new toys
    Given that she's exactly the same cost as our current Queen, I can't see her having much application. I think I'd like her much more if she triggered off any creature dying.

That being said, 'walkers as creatures does present very interesting possibilities. Though there's a good chance they'll all be lackluster (crosses fingers for playable red 'walker) and not even worth GSZing.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

You would think that they could really push the power seeing as you have to do something to get to that power.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Repeal just got lolzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Repeal just got lolzy
    It only gets lolzy if the planeswalkers don't suck and actually get run.

Jul 2013
    Texas

I <3 Repeal

I also <3 this new Liliana. Yes, I will play SFM, therapy, therapy, return SFM, thank you very much.

Vampire nighthawk gets played in the gate! This could really make the deck a... well tier 3 deck xD
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    PAX spoilers are out, the planeswalker are legendary flip creatures that have a trigger condition to get flickered and return as PW. They also showed Liliana, which seemed quite playable, although she has to compete with her Veil version.
    Is there some flavor reason why they get exiled and return to the battlefield instead of just flipped? I haven't paid any attention to the story elements since back when the players were supposed to be Planeswalkers...

Thread Information