Page 34 of 254 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Jun 2010
    Germany

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

Djehuti can you post your list? I like mb karakas, bog & GQ but can't really find room.

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeezay View Post
    Djehuti can you post your list? I like mb karakas, bog & GQ but can't really find room.
    [DECK]
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Exploration
    2 Manabond
    4 Gamble
    4 Life from the Loam
    3 Punishing Fire

1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Verdant Catacomb
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Forest
    2 Taiga
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Dark Depths
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows

Sideboard:
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Molten Vortex
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Punishing Fire
    2 Trinisphere
    4 Krosan Grip
    [/DECK]

If you need me to explain any card choices, feel free to friend me and send me a PM I played 74 of this 75 at an IQ last week and went 5-3-1. I cut Choke for Chalice #2 and swapped punishing fire #4 from the main with DD in the side, and I'll be trying this tomorrow at another IQ.

I really dig that main deck. Big fan of Bog, Karakas, and Ghost Quarter.

EDIT - Deck to beat!
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    At FNM this week I'm going to be trying a few changes to see if it will help the Omni matchup.

The maindeck loses a Tranquil Thicket and 2 Taiga and the Bojuka Bog. Add in a Bayou, Badlands, Urborg, Riftstone Portal. Fetches become Verdants or Wooded Foothills

Sideboard cut all the artifacts and add 3 thoughtseize, 4 slaughter games, 2 bob. keep the 4 k-grips, choke and boseiju.

We'll see if these cards are good enough. So far in goldfishing the mana post-board is awful.

This was terrible. Don't do this! Thoughtseize is really great and Slaughter Games is merely okay against the rest of the field. Crippling the mana isn't worth it.

It's possible that a feasible plan would be:

2-3 Bobs
    2 Bayou
    3-4 Thoughtseize

But the Thoughtseize conflicts with the other plan to play Chalice of the Void for 1. Sadly I think Omni is just going to be a match we need a lot of diverse hate for and we'll just have to live with it.

I did learn that Riftstone Portal is worth playing so I'm going to keep that one.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Ross Chodan could be an example, but he only splashed for Bob.

Riftstone Portal seems nice, but getting it into the GY can be tricky. Did you dredged it often into your GY? Do you prefer MD it or opt to SB it?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Ross Chodan could be an example, but he only splashed for Bob.

Riftstone Portal seems nice, but getting it into the GY can be tricky. Did you dredged it often into your GY? Do you prefer MD it or opt to SB it?
    You can Crop Rotation it away, you can discard it to Mox Diamond, you can sac it to Glacial Chasm (then don't pay upkeep), you can wasteland. Last night I discarded it to hand size (!) and then dumped 6 other lands into play with Manabond on the next turn - two of them didn't normally make mana.

There are ways to get it into the bin. :)

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Wauw, of course... Got to think outside the box from time to time :-))
    Last edited by Chatto; 09-05-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Just got third at the Cincy legacy IQ with our deck. Report tomorrow when I'm not exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by gigapatrick View Post
    Just got third at the Cincy legacy IQ with our deck. Report tomorrow when I'm not exhausted.
    Congrats! Looking forward to it :)

Aug 2015
    Long Island, ny

Quote Originally Posted by gigapatrick View Post
    How did you like the boil in your side board? im assuming it was for the omnitell matchup and its been something ive been considering but didnt have any data on.

Interested to read your report giga. I played cincinnati too, with moderate results. Beat MUD twice, beat Grixis Delver. Lost to Omnitell twice, and lost to a weird merfolk stoneforge build after a mull to five rough game one and a draw on game two that went to time.

GrimoirePath: Yeah, I saw you playing against Bernie Wen with his Merforge deck that he told me he just put together on the spot because he wasn't planning on playing. I remember standing next to you near the matchup stand. I was the guy who said, Oh yeah, I just made forty bucks on Ebay! and you said something like, Look at you. Bernie's a real good player in this area (we split an IQ a while ago), and that looked like a grisly long match between you two.

Croprot: I did bring in the Boil against Omnitell, but never saw it during the match. It should have been a third Choke, as I explain here, in my report:

RG Lands in Cincy

Quote Originally Posted by Croprot View Post
    How did you like the boil in your side board? im assuming it was for the omnitell matchup and its been something ive been considering but didnt have any data on.
    I've been thinking about testing a Flashfires for nuking white sources. Should be a bomb vs D&T too.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    I've been thinking about testing a Flashfires for nuking white sources. Should be a bomb vs D&T too.
    I wouldn't think we need the help with Death & Taxes.

Aug 2015
    Long Island, ny

I wouldn't think we need the help with Death & Taxes.
    So post board it's a possibly difficult match up. If they land early RIP and can tempo us they can win. The biggest thing in the match up in my opinion is how many turns are we leaving RIP Unanswered. Second to that is how long and how many aether vials come online. That being said I know surgical is becoming more popular in the format so I don't know if RIP will maintain its spot or if DnT will put the surgicals in. I test with a DnT guy and them being on the play vs draw is also hugely important in the match up. I myself am no longer on a needle in the board so it is somewhat more difficult for me.

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Croprot View Post
    So post board it's a possibly difficult match up. If they land early RIP and can tempo us they can win. The biggest thing in the match up in my opinion is how many turns are we leaving RIP Unanswered. Second to that is how long and how many aether vials come online. That being said I know surgical is becoming more popular in the format so I don't know if RIP will maintain its spot or if DnT will put the surgicals in. I test with a DnT guy and them being on the play vs draw is also hugely important in the match up. I myself am no longer on a needle in the board so it is somewhat more difficult for me.
    The only games I have lost to D&T are the ones where they don't have Rest in Peace. The games I lose start with them on the play and go Mother of Runes (or Vial) into Thalia into Stoneforge for SoFaI. I've yet to lose a match to Death and Taxes, however. Not to say it won't eventually happen but it's something like 10 or 12 matches under my belt and the win percentage is 100%.

I'm not sure D&T is interested very much in Surgical Extraction. They don't use their graveyard at all so Rest in Peace is better overall value of nuking everything. I could be wrong. I haven't kept up to date with D&T tech.

Mar 2014
    London

Beware of 2 x Cataclysm out of many D and T boards. Don't let them get to four mana and try not to waste your Krosan Grips. Should be fine.

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    Beware of 2 x Cataclysm out of many D and T boards. Don't let them get to four mana and try not to waste your Krosan Grips. Should be fine.
    Cataclysm can be devastating but often it works out better in our favour. Consider: We keep Mox Diamond, Land and Exploration. Best case for the opponent (barring Rest in Peace in play) is they keep Land, Batterskull and Germ. We should be able to beat that.

Cataclysm can be devastating but often it works out better in our favour. Consider: We keep Mox Diamond, Land and Exploration. Best case for the opponent (barring Rest in Peace in play) is they keep Land, Batterskull and Germ. We should be able to beat that.
    I'm not sure I'd call this the best case scenario for them. Best case seems more like: land, aether vial, creature, RIP, play a land for turn. Admittedly, having land, Batterskull, Germ after Cataclysm is more likely for them.

Lately I found Esper Blade a little bit annoying.....there's one other lands player in my meta and apparently some guys are doing lots of testing with him, so the Esper players usually show up with 3-4 Meddling Mages und Needles in their SBs......games tend to get annoying, yesterday I had a game which went Needle your Stage, MM on Fire, MM on Grip.......ugh. I already run 2 Molten Vortex in the SB, but some other options I'm considering are Barbarian Ring, Volcanic Fallout (those players tend to overextend after their first Mage names Fire) and Rending Volley. I'm tending towards testing the ring for a few times. My list is pretty close to Daryl Ayers list (Bog moved to MD instead of 1 Thicket, Bog-SB slot filled with the 2nd Molten Vortex.

I've started to question the usefullness of Choke, since there is currently 0 Miracles and Omnitell in my meta.

Good news: Went x-1-1 total in my last 2 small locals, drawing vs a slow Esper player and possibly losing to ANT because of a misplay, winning everything else.

Thread Information