Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

Since the RUG build is these days, a slightly slightly tweaked RG deck, I feel it's likely the most beneficial card that could be printed for us outside of Enchantment Ruins. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but the only "Blue" cards I am running are Ruins, West and a single Intuition. I am going to cut the Intuition and the West, leaving the only reason to play Blue being Ruins. At that point I am not sure I would want more than one Tropical anyway.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but the only "Blue" cards I am running are Ruins, West and a single Intuition. I am going to cut the Intuition and the West, leaving the only reason to play Blue being Ruins.
    Lately I've been flipping between 1 and 2 copies of Intuition.

I love TWest for being uncounterable, and for finding EE or Zorb (if I'm running it). I like to run 2 TWests so I can Intuition for double West + Crucible when my Loams are extracted.

One advantage of blue is tutors that can play through Chalice. I like to avail myself to those options. Still, I'd happily cut Trop #2 for a Bicycle Trop.

I feel it's likely the most beneficial card that could be printed for us outside of Enchantment Ruins.
    What we need from WotC are powerful utility lands with non-prohibitive activation costs. Blighted Fen could have been an amazing card if they hadn't priced it out of usefulness. Enchantment Ruins would probably cost T to activate if they print it under current design philosophy.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

I've gone over to the feather-light blue splash a la Sparkii, with just the Academy Ruins, Trops, and Engineered Explosives. I like it this way. I feel like this is the ever-shrinking ground where Lands still gets to be a control deck.

There are super cool and sexy things to be done with Tolaria West and Intuition, but I wonder if Lands today has become a bit more polarized a deck that doesn't have room for that (or need to run it, for the most part). Why were those cards in the deck back in the day? To kill the last of the other player's stuff and get in with Factories to eventually end the game, or win with whatever other glacial card was least embarrassing to be seen at a Legacy table with. Now we've got these expensive foily tokens that kill in one hit that we can get with the right piece of Kabuki theater.

With Counterbalance out of the format I'm increasingly just deciding whether to go straight for the 20/20 or attack my opponent's manabase, and since Explosives doesn't do either of these things, removing the support from it (Intuition, EE, T West) doesn't hurt too much because that wasn't contributing either.

If it's true that there aren't problematic permanents (like CB) around, or those problems are just creatures like TNN or Leovold, maybe Drop of Honey is the narrow and simple answer that's warranted.

Mar 2013

For me personally, the reason I switched was DnT/Prelate. Here in Brisbane one of the top two players is a lover of DnT. He has the deck foiled, he was running shit like Tomb (Something that is becoming common now) years ago, he is ahead of the board and he knows what the fuck to do and how to do it. So if you see me say something like "I want to play Earth" or "I need a way to remove Prelate" the reason is likely that one player. Nothing in that has changed at all and I do not think Drop would be the best answer against what is likely one of the top 10% of global DnT players. I want something stronger.

That is also why I look at two cards, Crucible and EE, as the only two cards that slot into the RUG version for myself. I am not looking at something like Smokestack (Though I wish I was, love that card) Worm Harvest or Orb. I am playing the RG Combo version with some added in sweepers and a way to recure them. I also like how Crucible helps against an Extracted Loam.

The other thing is I play maybe 3 times a month, with no real hope of ever seeing a large Legacy GP. So at this point I will balance the percentage a card will give me against its financial weight and the amount of time I am going to use it. If a card only adds say, 5% to a deck, but it costs 150 dollars and I am going to use it for 12 hours a month it's just not on the table anymore. I have chased the dragon in Legacy for too long now, I have to make smart choices over optimal ones. Drop might very well be everything the deck needs, but if I was unwilling to buy it at 100 bucks, well now I am unlikely to ever get it. Sad perhaps, but fuck it, real life matters more. And when the choice is spend money and time with and on the twins or spend it on Drop of Honey, well Cardboard Crack is not as addictive as it once was.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

. And when the choice is spend money and time with and on the twins or spend it on Drop of Honey, well Cardboard Crack is not as addictive as it once was.
    Children come and go, but card games are forever /s
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Well if its anything, I 4-0'ed a small grinder on Saturday and 5-0'ed a grinder today with the same GP list, with the two warping wails as a needle and ancient grudge now. List feels sweet. Not sold on grudge as I'm already playing 3 grips but it'll probably just turn into another Sphere of Resistance or something.

I'm not sold on the needle, though I collect them and hold page after page of them.

Why aren't we more into Revoker?

Quote Originally Posted by Lormador View Post
    I'm not sold on the needle, though I collect them and hold page after page of them.

Maybe Needle was a good answer to Top and Terminus, but nowadays I think we should switch to Revoker (I'm on Revoker).
    IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

There has just popped up a spoiler for HOU of five uncommon deserts. That pretty much destroys the chance of getting enemy cycling duals :(.
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Mar 2013

Bummer. Here's hoping for Ash Barrens then. I need them for paper Pauper. I will take second prize if it's on offer.

I want my Needles to stick rather than eat removal. I'm not that interested in the attacking option because I usually win with a single 20/20 (of course I'm biased because I don't really care for hate bears or fair magic when I play this deck). I also don't put much stock in cutting off Petals and LEDs because I'd rather just put Chalice on 0 vs Storm and I'd rather name Grislebrand vs Reanimator.

I'm not currently running Needles, but looking forward to Sorcerous Spyglass.

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    There has just popped up a spoiler for HOU of five uncommon deserts. That pretty much destroys the chance of getting enemy cycling duals :(.
    Wow. A set of 5 colour producing utility lands that don't CIPT, and the long desired return of the Desert type. And they all suck eggs. I'm so disgusted with WotC right now.

Regarding Bicyclers, there is still a chance. No cards spoiled for collector's numbers 167, 168, 169, 175, 176, or 184.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e29M...be&app=desktop

Jody did a very in-depth deck tech on his GP list. I didn't make it all the way through yet but it's a great overview so far. Not too much in there for vets of the deck besides Jody's opinions on his particular list but it's still the most detailed video I've seen that's just explaining the deck.

If the red land dealt damage to creatures I would consider it here over Barbarian, because it wouldn't have to rely on the graveyard to deal damage (no Threshold, don't have to compete against RIP or hyperactive DRS) and it can provide colorless mana for Warping Wail.

As just a terrible Shivan Gorge, no.

The black one might work in Jund Depths decks, but needing 2BB to activate can still be high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I was on revoker. It was good but there is alot of D&T at my local meta since Vegas so i moved to Sulfer Elemental.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I played two revokers before, still crashed by sneakshow, no real difference in this match-up...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

The few games I've won against Sneaky Show have been early Spheres with Marit Lage following without delay, but it's pretty predictable that this situation is one of the few ways to get a point.

It doesn't happen reliably, and so personally I am more inclined to give up on the matchup than try to shore it up.

The few games I've won against Sneaky Show have been early Spheres with Marit Lage following without delay, but it's pretty predictable that this situation is one of the few ways to get a point.

It doesn't happen reliably, and so personally I am more inclined to give up on the matchup than try to shore it up.
    My last victory against Sneak Show was done by aggressivly Port them and a fast Marit Lage. But this is also not a common situation to have 2 Port, 2 Lands and Exploration in hand. It is a really though MU.
    IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

I beat Sneak Show once with early Sphere into GQ/Waste lock.

Mar 2013

There is no card outside of something like Bridge that I think really hurts SnT a ton. There is nothing I would dedicate sideboard slots for really either. Nothing that I know of that I would want against them I want played against me. So I take my licks and move on to matches I think I can effect more with sideboard options.

Early spheres/trinisphere along with mana denial or fast combo are the only way to deal with s&s. It's winnable but it's very very hard.

Thread Information